Xbox one controller RB Button not working since purchase and right analog stick drifting ...

Discus and support Xbox one controller RB Button not working since purchase and right analog stick drifting ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm really not one to complain to Microsoft about xbox and xbox accessories braking as I mainly know that I have broken them or they have been broken... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mF Absorb, Apr 6, 2015.

1. mF Absorb
    mF Absorb Guest

Xbox one controller RB Button not working since purchase and right analog stick drifting ...

I'm really not one to complain to Microsoft about xbox and xbox accessories braking as I mainly know that I have broken them or they have been broken by a relative but since getting the sunset overdrive xbox with the White controller, the controller has
    always been faulty when I press the RB button on the controller it feels fine as if it wasn't broken but when I looked at my Tv there is no response from it at all my RB BUTTON DOESNT WORK AT ALL. I have tried to take the controller back To swap it or to get
    a new one and they just say we cannot because the contoller came with the console and to swap the controller you'll have to swap the console which I am not willing to do as I have game on the console and I don't not want to swap one out just so I can spend
    a day reinstalling them and Aswell as that lately while playing games like GTA AND Minecraft my characters randomly LOOK UP even if I am not touching the controller. I would really want to know if there in any Soulution for this and if so would like to know
    it thanks

:)

mF Absorb, Apr 6, 2015
  2. The Xbox One controller needs to be fixed for some of us.

The right stick is drifting upward and somewhat to the right sometimes and yet
    it is completely taut and almost new. My controller is not a day one controller.

El Tommy Gunn, Apr 6, 2015
  3. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    XB1 failing to update

I would return it to the store if it's been less than 30 days since purchase. There seams to be many quality control issues with the One from controllers that disconnect,analog stick drift and sticking buttons,loose panels and issues like your experiencing with the console itself. You would expect this at launch when their working the kinks out of the manufacturing process but not this far along.

vgdelta, Apr 6, 2015
  4. Xbox one controller RB Button not working since purchase and right analog stick drifting ...

Regardless if a controller came with a console or not you can ship it off for repair. This one obviously seems broken, there is a fail ratio with all electronics that x amount of a batch will malfunction and unfortunately you have that x amount

Just go to https://myservice.xbox.com/ register your console and request a repair on your controller

FearedNightmare, Apr 6, 2015
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

Xbox one controller RB Button not working since purchase and right analog stick drifting upwards

Regardless if a controller came with a console or not you can ship it off for repair. This one obviously seems broken, there is a fail ratio with all electronics that x amount of a batch will malfunction and unfortunately you have that x amount

Just go to https://myservice.xbox.com/ register your console and request a repair on your controller
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

FPS gamers, what is the average life span of your analog sticks?

Hello everyone :)

I just replaced the Xbox One controller that came with my Kinectless Xbox One bundle yesterday so it lasted me 8 months.

The left analog stick wasn't very responsive to Destiny's click it down to run function and the right analog stick was drifting up (making it hard for me to snipe without having to compensate for the up drift).

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)
  7. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Controllers

Hello "fuelldbyhate" :)

Sorry to hear about your issues, I hope that you will be happy again soon.

I just replaced the Xbox One controller that came with my console today, it lasted 8 months. The right analog stick was drifting up :(

Fortunately, I was prepared and I had bought two extra ones just in case LOL :)

FPS games destroy analog sticks, and buying the Kinectless Xbox One allowed me to purchase an extra controller.

Have a nice day or afternoon or night "fuelldbyhate" :)
  8. ondishko Win User

Controller keeps looking up

Same problem here, my right analog stick on xbox one controller drifts immediately up when launching any game. This problem started out of nowhere after only 8 months of normal use. Tried updating controller, changing batteries, nothing works. Controller
    is worthless now.
  9. bstn617 Win User

Xbox 360 controller - Bring it back!

I find it a bit funny that people look back on the 360 controller so fondly. Sure I didn't have any that just stopped working completely but I did have 2 with broken mic jacks and a bunch with drifting analog sticks.

The early 360 white controllers were good but they cheeped out later on and produced junk analog sticks that would only last a few months before they would start drifting.

I'm fine with the X1 controller but the analog sticks seem to still be prone to drifting. They need to beef the analog sticks up but I don't see that happening it's a way for them to sell more controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller RB Button not working since purchase and right analog stick drifting ... - Similar Threads - controller Button working

2. View button not working on Xbox One Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    View button not working on Xbox One Controller: I bought a new Xbox one controller (Night Ops Camo model) to use with Windows 10. All other buttons work fine except the "view button". I already updated the controller firmware for the latest...
  3. Xbox 1S controller buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1S controller buttons not working: Ive tried to get in touch with microsoft to return for replacement but the page keeps going in a loop! Any idea how i get to speak to someone about it in the UK??...
  4. Game streaming app: Once landed on dashboard, Xbox controller buttons does not work. Only...

in XboX Insiders
    Game streaming app: Once landed on dashboard, Xbox controller buttons does not work. Only...: Tried changing batteries, reconnecting controller submitted by /u/emenzee [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox Fornite Edition controller replacement button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Fornite Edition controller replacement button not working: I bought a fortnite edition controller. The analog stick was broken so I got a replacement. The replacement does not work as well (wont acknowledge back button when pressed) I tried updating it....
  6. Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home button won’t work, but controller is properly connected to Xbox.: Ive been using my current controller for about a year now, but all of a sudden it decides to give me some trouble. One night, before i went to bed, i tried to turn off my xbox with my controller,...
  7. Xbox A button Not Working with Any Controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox A button Not Working with Any Controllers: Xbox controllers were working just fine, until one day the A button would not work. Thinking it was just that controller, I tried the other one and it did the same thing. It would go back and...
  8. xbox one elite controller 2 LS and RS buttons not working

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one elite controller 2 LS and RS buttons not working: Hello, today i bought xbox elite 2, LS and RS buttons are not working, when i remap LS button to paddles i can sprint in game with paddles but LS and RS not working, i have updated controller. Im...
  9. Xbox one controller buttons: Mapped and working properly in Xbox Accessories app, buttons...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller buttons: Mapped and working properly in Xbox Accessories app, buttons...: I have been using an Xbox One controller (via a USB cable) on my Windows 10 PC for a long time. After a windows update a few months back the buttons on my controller stopped working properly. As...
  10. Xbox one controller menu buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller menu buttons not working: So About a month and a half ago I bought one of the pink pig minecraft controllers. It worked great for a while but then the right analog stick started to "stick". After doing some research i...