Xbox One Controller Scrolls Constantly

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Scrolls Constantly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bought an Xbox One S about 4 months ago and tonight my controller started to constantly scroll down until it stops on the last selection. Ive tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ronin12, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Ronin12
    Ronin12 Guest

Bought an Xbox One S about 4 months ago and tonight my controller started to constantly scroll down until it stops on the last selection. Ive tried turning off the controller, unplugging the console and waiting 30 seconds and restarting etc, took the battery
    pack out and plugged it in via USB, i even tried a soft console reset....nothing has worked. Need some help here. This is very annoying. Thanks in advance!

:)

Ronin12, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Ronin12 Win User

I dont think the joystick is broken, works fine while playing a game. It will just scroll down immediately when you are on a menu select type screen. Very weird.
  3. That’sLike-YourOpi Win User

When you say constantly scrolling, do you mean a slow drift (like if you’re trying to loom straight ahead in a FPS, your vision slowly drifts), or is it as though an analog stick was maxed out?

The first one is a known issue, but I’ve not heard of the second. Either was try this link, which will walk through troubleshooting and request a warranty claim if necessary/eligible:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/wireless-controller-solution
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. Ronin12 Win User

Its a maxed out type scroll. Unable to scroll back up without holding the left analog stick up and tapping the D pad up, which still might not work. It will scroll down fast as hell to the bottom of any list of selections and stay there. I cant select
    anything on the xbox home screen or in a game, where it first started. As it sits now the controller is unusable. Not sure if an update to the controller would help or not or if i need to just buy a new controller. Hope this gives a better idea of whats going
    on.
  6. Jay O. Win User

my left joystick always going up in any game... broken?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Scrolls Constantly - Similar Threads - Controller Scrolls Constantly

2. xbox one controller fast scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller fast scroll: NOTE: everything written below is in the context of using the xbox one s console. Actually, I'm not here to ask a question but rather to answer one that I've had and seen others asking in many...
  3. Xbox auto-scrolling to the right (Controller has nothing to do with it.)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox auto-scrolling to the right (Controller has nothing to do with it.): Hey, so I tried to play on my xbox when it was suddenly auto-scrolling to the right, so I tried doing all the basic things, restarting the xbox, turning off the xbox and unplugging the power cord...
  4. Controller won't scroll down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't scroll down: Hi, Just today, I turn on my XBox One and BOTH of my controllers won't scroll down. They just seem to scroll left and right very quickly. I saw posts on how to turn off "fast scrolling" which...
  5. Xbox one controller will scroll down one position then immediately scrolls back up. Can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller will scroll down one position then immediately scrolls back up. Can...: Xbox one controller will scroll down one position then immediately scrolls back up. Can not login and-or play games. please advise how to fix. c7f828ff-88f9-4562-b316-68dc04f1abd2
  6. controller double scroll

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller double scroll: when I move my controller up, down, left or right i moves twice how do i fix it. ccd5ee87-1652-4c4d-b028-cb51435e2b7e
  7. Brand New Xbox Controller (3 Days) Stuck Continuously Scrolling Right

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand New Xbox Controller (3 Days) Stuck Continuously Scrolling Right: So I got this new xbox controller from The Source three days ago and I woke up, got on xbox and my controller is stuck continuously scrolling right. I inspected the controller, the right bumper is...
  8. Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not respond and automaticly scroll back issue: Hello. On my xbox one x it have happened 3 times now that i can play just fine, but when i push xbox buttom on the controller to close the game or access the menu, when i push LB or RB to scroll...
  9. I have tried 5 controllers, still auto scrolling

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have tried 5 controllers, still auto scrolling: Hey don't know if this was the right place to post, but this morning I got up and turned on Xbox one s, and my home screen scrolls all the way left, I checked my joysticks checked my bumpers, all...
  10. Xbox virus: console stuck on dashboard - constantly scrolling left, regardless of controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox virus: console stuck on dashboard - constantly scrolling left, regardless of controller: After browsing the web on IE, a set of crazy pop-up ads started popping up in tabs. I closed all tabs, restarted IE, then reset my console. After I turned it back on, I have been plagued by...