Xbox one controller showing plugged in when using batteries

Discus and support Xbox one controller showing plugged in when using batteries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just a few days ago my Xbox one controller (playing on series x) started disconnecting randomly. When checking the battery level it indicates it’s... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dogpoundica34, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Xbox one controller showing plugged in when using batteries

Just a few days ago my Xbox one controller (playing on series x) started disconnecting randomly. When checking the battery level it indicates it’s plugged in, however I’m using new AA batteries. It also shows this when using rechargeable batteries. How do I fix this? Controller is completely updated.
    Xbox one controller showing plugged in when using batteries [​IMG]

:)

Dogpoundica34, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Dogpoundica34 Win User

I’ll try a factory reset in the morning. I won’t be able to do an offline update as I don’t have a pc.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

4. Dogpoundica34 Win User

I spoke to early. It disconnected again and now showing the same plugged in icon. I have another controller that works fine. It’s only this one. It works fine when it’s on.
  5. Dogpoundica34 Win User

Resetting it seems to have helped. At the very least the battery is now showing full. So hopefully the disconnect issue is gone too. Thanks for your help.
  6. Dogpoundica34 Win User

Resetting didn’t help. Still have the same issue. Very weird. It was working fine earlier this week. Other controllers are fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox one controller showing plugged in when using batteries - Similar Threads - controller showing plugged

2. Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X Controller connecting to PC through xbox adapter but not showing up anywhere...: Come on Microsoft fix this or I will keep ordering controller and then asking for a refund indefinitely. After the last windows update, the controller stopped working. It connects to the dongle...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller shows as "Paired" with PC, but wont stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller shows as "Paired" with PC, but wont stay connected: I just recently got an Elite series 2 controller to game with on my PC and the setup seemed easy enough. Make sure PC bluetooth is on, hold pair button and let them pair, PLAY! It didnt work out...
  4. Xbox 360 not showing hdmi output/not connecting to controller but turning on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not showing hdmi output/not connecting to controller but turning on.: So, recently i unplugged my xbox 360 Slim because i was planning to move it somewhere else. However, i unplugged it but i forgot to replug it. My xbox does this thing where if you unplug the power...
  5. Xbox Controller Not Responding/Not showing up in Xbox Accessories Wired to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Controller Not Responding/Not showing up in Xbox Accessories Wired to PC: I performed all troubleshooting tips utilizing device manager and the xbox apps. My PC saw the xbox controller, but steam and the xbox apps did not show it. The solution was to add the controller...
  6. Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems...

in XboX Insiders
    Controller bar doesnt show steam as a launcher, just xbox. No way to add it, nothing seems...: what it should look like https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/05/05/windows-insiders-can-now-try-out-an-early-preview-of-controller-bar/ what i have installed...
  7. Wireless Xbox controller not showing up on bluetooth pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox controller not showing up on bluetooth pc: I'm try connect controller on other pc and my phone but in this pc not showing up on bluetooth list I'm try: update controller and windows restart controller restart pc but Without avail...
  8. Halo TV Show Custom Controller Sweepstakes

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo TV Show Custom Controller Sweepstakes: hi y'all, i'm trying to enter the sweepstakes to win the halo tv series controller and even though i have registered and downloaded/launched/signed into the paramount plus app, it won't seem to...
  9. I can't join Among Us because it is showing You can't join games due to parental control.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join Among Us because it is showing You can't join games due to parental control.: I can't join Among Us because it is showing You can't join games due to parental control. [img] 84742316-8163-4972-a555-776dd2c1bd01
  10. xbox1 controller always shows mic plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox1 controller always shows mic plugged in: Just bought a new xbox 1 and for whatever reason I got another controller that always shows a mic is plugged in, same thing happened with my x360. Updated the controller and if I plug in a mic it...