Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

Discus and support Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had no issues while streaming Netflix or other streaming services on my xbox with my headset connected. But anytime Im watching on Amazon Prime,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EFlan12389, Aug 2, 2020 at 10:42 AM.

1. EFlan12389
    EFlan12389 Guest

I've had no issues while streaming Netflix or other streaming services on my xbox with my headset connected. But anytime Im watching on Amazon Prime, every 15 minutes or so, my controller will shut off, even when
    its connected to a USB cable. It's very frustrating to be watching a show listening on my headset and the controller to turn off and lose audio because of that.

:)

2. lawson1690 Win User

I have the same problem now to.. The controller stays on while watching Netflix with a headset plugged in but now when using Prime Video the controller turns off every 15 mins unless you have the controller plugged in with cable ...hope they fix this soon...
  3. Kareem Midani Win User

I might say it should be the headset that's causing the controller to switch/ turn off.

Might want to check if its also fully charged?
  4. Annieyfly Win User

Same issue here, just started this month.
  5. ChaosTechNet Win User

Ok, I just contacted Microsoft directly about this issue and she said she was going to forward the information to the hardware team. Hopefully they fix it.
  6. Tropan Win User

Also having this problem now, Amazon Prime is unwatchable now, every 15 minutes have to reconnect controller. Never had this issue before, can watch hours of stuff with never turning off, Always use headphones while watching and it always stayed on, until
    now.
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset. - Similar Threads - controller shuts off

2. Auto Controller Shut off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Controller Shut off: Hi, Im playing Call of duty with mouse and keyboard on my xbox (there are only two usb port) so to use my headset i have to plug it into my controller and have that running on battery. But after...
  3. Elite controller battery drains and shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller battery drains and shuts off: My Elite controller battery drains and shuts off and wont turn on. 20m later turns on by itself. Then same thing again 10m later and so on. Any thoughts? 1af096f4-4f66-4f67-a5d7-920622c568d4
  4. Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One controller shuts off while streaming video using a headset.: I've had no issues while streaming Netflix on my xbox with my headset connected. But anytime Im watching on Amazon Prime, every 15 minutes or so, my controller will shut off, even when its...
  5. can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I turn off my wireless controller auto shut off?: I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the 15 min auto shut off on my wireless controller as i play on keyboard and mouse connected to xbox then i have my headset plugged into to my...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 shutting off.: I recently received my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 and when I press the xbox guide Botton, it turns on the console but the controller immediately turns off right after. This doesn't happen...
  7. Wireless controller auto shuts off after 15 minutes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless controller auto shuts off after 15 minutes.: Xbox one wireless controller auto shuts off every 15 minutes while using headphones through controller when streaming. Seems to be doing it only when streaming Amazon Prime and or Pluto TV....
  8. Controller auto shut off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Controller auto shut off?: Why can I not choose when or if my controller shuts off at all? I think I can make the decision on whether I want my controller always on or not. Problem I'm having is I recently started playing...
  9. Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one controller keep shutting off.: I recently bought a used xbox one and an extra controller. I turn on the controller which connects to the console but shuts off after about 3 minutes. I have replaced the batteries with brand new...
  10. Controller randomly shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller randomly shuts off: When Im playing or even just in menus, my controller will stop working but the light will stay on like its on. None of the buttons work and I have to take out the battery and put it back in to...