Xbox One Controller Stops Registering Inputs, Haha Unless...

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Stops Registering Inputs, Haha Unless... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've encountered the strangest problem with connectivity between my desktop pc and bluetooth xbox one controllers. The controller was connecting fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BeckettArnold, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Xbox One Controller Stops Registering Inputs, Haha Unless...

I've encountered the strangest problem with connectivity between my desktop pc and bluetooth xbox one controllers. The controller was connecting fine until a month or so back, when I started having an odd pair of problems that started at the same time:

>Controller periodically stops registering inputs when playing a game, but goes back to registering inputs immediately once I switch to a different window then back to the game or browser tab that is supposed to be detecting the controller inputs. As far as
    I can tell this disconnection happens at semi-random intervals, though it happens more often after a few seconds or more of not doing controller inputs

>Notably, this is sometimes also compounded by sluggish or laggy controller inputs, though this is more rare and may be caused by other problems like low controller battery or computer lag when trying to run more complex games.

>Additionally, and potentially unrelatedly, my Xbox one controllers show the slow-flashing like they normally would for their low-battery display whenever they are turned on, and don't connect to the pc until the Bluetooth Settings window is opened, at which
    point they stop flashing and connect normally.

I'm unsure if there was a particular change in my use that heralded these changes, but if there was I don't know what did it. I have tried the following fixes:

-Turning all involved devices on and off again multiple times

-Changing out controller batteries

-Rotating computer so that the bluetooth adapter is potentially more easily detected by the controller (though this was unchanged between the times when the controllers weren't having issues and when they started I figured I'd try it anyway. No dice, unfortunately)

-Running Windows Bluetooth troubleshooting and fixing

-plugging in a 3rd party USB bluetooth connector device

-Trying multiple different controllers, all of which appeared to have this identical problem when connected to this computer

-pairing and unparing the devices multiple times

-ensuring that controller and pc drivers are up to date

It is worth noting that, when connected via usb cable, the controller does not persist, but I am really hoping to be able to use these controllers via bluetooth.

Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

BeckettArnold, Oct 16, 2020
  2. LiamBishop736 Win User

Xbox One Controller Input Not Registering

No, it's not one of the 3.5mm jack ones, however I have no issues pressing the actual button, it always makes the very audible click noise (both bumpers have the same amount of click so to me the mechanism sounds fine) but just sometimes in-game the inputs
    don't register.

I haven't tried running Xpadder although I have used X360CE and haven't noticed issues clicking there, however I've noticed that it's usually pretty fine if I haven't used the controller for a while (at least a day or two) but once I start using it it tends
    to get progressively worse.

I feel like it's not just the games because I have noticed this across a few different games, mostly in the Dark Souls series (I've run into the issue across all 3 games) however I'm pretty sure I've had similar issues in stuff like Risk of Rain and fighting
    games like BlazBlue and DOA5.
  3. FRANCISCOXBOXER Win User

Xbox One Controller Input Not Registering

Hello, is it one of the 3.5mm jack controllers? Otherwise, it wasn't designed to be pressed anywhere but in the ends of the LB and RB buttons.

Also, tried running software like Xpadder to confirm whether it is being registered at all or it may be the game?
  4. NicolasOxendine Win User

elite series 2 a button problems

I just received mine today and the shortest trigger stop doesn't register any input! I tested in Windows 10 and XBOX ONE with multiple games! The other two trigger stops work fine, it's only the shortest one with the single dot on the back of the controller
    that doesn't work. $179 for a broken controller? What the [Mod Removed-Profanity] Microsoft??? Should have expected no less than a product "made in china" where QC "Quality Control" is beyond mediocre!!!
  5. ddk39 Win User

Final Fantasy 9 on Game Pass for PC input issues.

Im experiencing the same issue. The first mini game is basically unplayable as my inputs are not recognized unless i press the button several times and one happens to register. The game also won't let me see the k+m controls in game and in thw options
    screen, even when the controller is not connected. I can't choose between control types either so I'm stuck just seeing the controller inputs even when using the k+m.
  6. Aculeus_ Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Bluetooth won't connect

I randomly got the controller to stay connected. When I open the Xbox App it says "This controller is connected via Bluetooth. Connect a USB cable to configure it." When I click on the test button, none of the buttons are registering inputs. The "Game
    Controllers" settings menu just lists a generic "Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device" and does not register any inputs there either.
Thema:

Xbox One Controller Stops Registering Inputs, Haha Unless...

1. Xbox One Controller Stops Registering Inputs, Haha Unless... - Similar Threads - Controller Stops Registering

2. Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Controller home button stopped working once I connected to android device: Hi, I recently began using the streaming app to play on my phone. for the most part; works great. however, the home button of the controller connected to my phone has stopped working. I can...
  3. Xbox controller stops working after three seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller stops working after three seconds: Everytime i start my xbox controller it shuts off after three seconds. I have tried googling it, resorting to stupid actions like plugging it into a PC, but nothing works. There was an old post on...
  4. xbox one controller stops working randomly

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller stops working randomly: xbox one controller stops working randomly ,light is on but all the buttons and analog sticks are unresponsive. i have to unplug and plug it again in order to start working again, it happens...
  5. Xbox one controller randomly stopping working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller randomly stopping working: Hi, my controller has stopped working, I'm playing a game and the controller will suddenly stop, it even happens on the home screen. The light stays on but the buttons don't register, I'll plug in...
  6. X-box one controller stop working randomly

in XBoX on Windows
    X-box one controller stop working randomly: So im using controller with usb cable Playing FFXIV while i have to move a character in-game while do some action in game , during this time The controller randomly stop getting input and...
  7. En:After updating my xbox controller it stopped working-- Es: Mi mando no responde después...

in XBoX on Consoles
    En:After updating my xbox controller it stopped working-- Es: Mi mando no responde después...: Español: Hola. Les comentó un problema que tengo con mi mando y Xbox One, el día 26/8/2020 actualize mi mando a la versión 4.8.19...y después de actualizarlo dejo de funcionar pero sigue...
  8. Xbox controller stopped being recognized

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller stopped being recognized: I'm running windows 10 My xbox one controller was working fine and even showed up in devices as an xbox one controller. I did an update/restart on my computer and once that was done, a few hours...
  9. Controller/audio issue. New controller stopped outputting audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller/audio issue. New controller stopped outputting audio: I bought a new controller 3 days ago, and it was working fine at first. Now I cant hear anything through it including game audios and party, but others can hear me talking fine. My headset is not...
  10. Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller series 1 headset jack stopped working.: Last night, the headset jack to my xbox elite controller series 1 stopped detecting my Hyper X cloud 2 headset. At first I thought it was the headset, but I have tried the headset on other...