Xbox One Controller Stops Responding Mid Game

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Stops Responding Mid Game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This problem has been extremely frustrating to me and even more so that I cannot speak to a human on the customer support line. When I’m playing with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AverySteele, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

1. AverySteele
    AverySteele Guest

This problem has been extremely frustrating to me and even more so that I cannot speak to a human on the customer support line.

When I’m playing with my wireless controllers on any game on my Xbox One, my controller will stop responding mid-game. The X at the top of my controller will light up, but none of the buttons will respond. Even should I shut the controller off and turn it
    back on, the controller with reconnect with the solid X light, but the buttons will not respond.

I thought it was just my controller, but this happens as well with my girlfriend’s brand new controller. Both of our controllers are up to date with the firmware, the console itself is also up to date. Happens with all of our games, Madden, Call of Duty,
    etcetera. Even if I unplug the console for a couple minutes and plug it back in, the problem will STILL persist after a couple minutes of gameplay. I even went the route of buying an ethernet cable to connect my console straight to the internet as opposed
    to WiFi to reduce any wireless interference and that did not work.

If anybody at all has any suggestions or even a full on solution I would greatly appreciate it!

:)

2. Morgster_1 Win User

Your controller could be broke. If not then check for updates on your controller.
  3. crazydude1965 Win User

I noticed a firmware update for controllers and updated mine yesterday see if you have a update my friend
  4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

try clearing the cache, after restarting the console try synchronizing the control again, good luck!
  5. AverySteele Win User

Negative, both controllers are up to date
  6. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Stops Responding Mid Game - Similar Threads - Controller Stops Responding

2. Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Stops Responding.: Okay, so I have a new Xbox One Wireless Controller. Every time I get on my Xbox One now, it will be paired and fine. Then I get to playing a game. A few minutes in, my controller stops working....
  3. Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller stops responding on PC and requires a restart to work again.: Just as the title says. This problem has been happening for months now. If I have my controller connected to my PC regardless of if I'm actually using it or not, the controller will become...
  4. Xbox One Wireless Controllers stopped responding

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Wireless Controllers stopped responding: Hi, My controllers stopped working since 2-3 weeks. I waited for a friend to test my 4 controllers with his wireless adaptater but it didn't worked either. I don't know where it comes frome (i...
  5. Xbox stopped responding to controller actions

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox stopped responding to controller actions: Hello Community, I own a Xbox One Advanced Warfare Edition. Yesterday my xbox randomly stopped responding to controller actions. After i bought a new Controller, it even failed to connect i guess...
  6. Netflix app on startup stops responding to any connected controllers.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app on startup stops responding to any connected controllers.: It's just the Netflix app, everything else works just fine. The controller can even be used to go Home and control other apps and games, it's just Netflix that stops responding. Restarting the app...
  7. Xbox App Streaming Controller Stops Responding

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Streaming Controller Stops Responding: I'm having an issue where my USB connected Xbox One controller randomly stops working after a short period streaming in the Xbox App, every 20-30mins, and it always happens. I had thought it may...
  8. My Xbox One S Controller's A Button Stopped Responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S Controller's A Button Stopped Responding: Hello, my Xbox One S Controller's A button isn't responding properly. My controller is a month old at the time of righting this post. My controller was working the other night at when I woke up...
  9. Wired Xbox One controller stops responding after while

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller stops responding after while: As the title says, the wired Xbox One controller I own stops responding randomly(or with a pattern. I haven't detected any tho). It is used through the windows store Xbox accessories app. The...
  10. Windows Xbox Application stops responding to Xbox One controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Xbox Application stops responding to Xbox One controller: I am running the Xbox Application on Windows 10. The xbox controller is connected via USB cable to my PC. The PC sees the controller connected. the Xbox Application sees the controller. When I...