Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter Z axis and rotation at 0%

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter Z axis and rotation at 0% in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a little problem. Recently, my Xbox One controller which I use for playing PC games started having problems. When I try to play... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Previll, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Previll
    Previll Guest

Hey there,

I have a little problem. Recently, my Xbox One controller which I use for playing PC games started having problems. When I try to play games, lots of malfunctions happen. "Dragon Age: Inquisition" crashes at startup and corrupts my latest savefile, and "Ori
    and the Blind Forest" makes my character walk to the left forever, as if my left stick were stuck (and it's not). The source of the problem lies in the controllers Z axis: there used to be just one, but it was split into a Z axis and Z rotation in some driver
    update. When I look up the controller properties on my PC, both the axis and rotation start at 0% and rise to 100% when I press the shoulder trigger buttons. This causes detection problems in games that are programmed to recognize one Z axis sitting at 50%
    and going to 0 and 100% when pressing the left and right triggers respectively.

I actually can solve this problem by following these steps:

1.) Open Device Manager

2.) Right Click "Xbox One Controller"

3.) Select Update Driver Software

4.) Browse

5.) Let me pick

6.) "Microsoft Xbox One controller"

This 'merges' the Z axis and Z rotation back into one. However, now comes the real problem: I recently bought a Wireless Adapter to connect my controller to my Windows 10 PC wirelessly, and I
    can't change the driver of the adapter. The adapter displays the same problems revolving the Z split (once again an axis and a rotation).

I tried contacting Live Chat Support for Xbox, who sent me to Live Chat for Microsoft, who after two hours sent me back again to Live Chat Support for Xbox. Sigh. The guy at Xbox Live Chat then sent me to the Microsoft Community Support, after which someone
    over there sent me here, to the Xbox forums. So, I really, really, really hope someone here would be able to help me! I would truly appreciate it.

:)

Previll, Jan 13, 2016
  2. Ramonster
    Ramonster Guest
    Xbox wireless adapter for Windows - only one Xbox One Wireless Controller works

I have a similar problem, when I connect my controllers trough the wireless adapter they are not working correctly because I have a Z axis and Z Rotation. WHen I used my controller wired with a USB cable I had this problem and I could fix roll back the drivers
    and the controller went back to the original X, Y, Z Axis, but now, with the Wireless adapter, I can't do that, because I doesn't let me update, because there's no Xbox Periphals to change the driver.

Ramonster, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Xbox Wireless Controller doesn't work while is connected via bluetooth to pc.

Hello my Xbox Wireless Controller connects to pc via bluetooth but it doesn't work. For few weeks it worked, in "joy.cpl" it was called "bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device" and in properties it had Z axis and X, Y rotation. Now it has changed randomly
    and it's called "Xbox Bluetooth Gamepad" and in properties it has only Z axis which is split on Z axis and Z rotation. It doesn't work in any game anymore. I tried installing new bluetooth drivers and i've updated controller via "xbox accesories", but nothing
    has changed.

LiteralCharles, Jan 13, 2016
  4. Previll
    Previll Guest

Previll, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Previll
    Previll Guest
    Previll, Jan 13, 2016
  6. KurtCobain47
    KurtCobain47 Guest
    I got same problem with wired connection. Can't play emulators thanks to this.

KurtCobain47, Jan 13, 2016
  7. KurtCobain47
    KurtCobain47 Guest
    UPDATE: I found a solution. This problem causes by Xinput drivers on Windows 10. I use Xbone controller on another PC (with Windows 8) it shows one of the drivers as
    "HID-compliant Device". So i decided to change it on main Computer that uses Windows 10.

Go to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" then select Xbox One Controller (It shows a default Contoller picture with just Controller name tag on it).

Right Click and Choose Properties

Select Hardware Tab

Choose XINPUT Compatible HID Device Then Click on Properties

Select Change Settings

Go to Driver Tab then Click on Update Driver

Browse my Computer for Driver Software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > HID-compliant device

It should work from now on.

KurtCobain47, Jan 20, 2016
  8. Previll
    Previll Guest

Well, sadly that didn't solve it in my case Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter Z axis and rotation at 0% :(. After changing that for my
    "Xbox Wireless Adapter Windows"
    (not game controller) I still have two Z-axes set at 0. My usb connection worked fine anyway once I change the controller driver back to an older version like I described in the steps in my post. Changing the setting
    for my "Game controller" like you described didn't change anything there for me.

Previll, Jan 20, 2016
  9. Everfades
    Everfades Guest
    Yeah, got exactly the same issue. Microsoft needs to change how the wireless adapter handles the controllers. They NEED to show up under "Xbox Peripherals" in the same way they do when you use the wired connection of the controllers. Only that way we can
    actually pick the "xbox one controller" drivers for them. I REALLY hope microsoft responds to this! Does anyone know a workaround or has created a custom driver? And I would really love to see microsoft actually replying to this thread and making the connected
    controller under hardware show up the same in wireless mode as it would in wired mode. Without the xbox peripherals tab entry we can't play old games wireless. Stupid mistake which would have been easy to evade in the first place. Hope the adapter drivers
    get updated soon!

Everfades, Jan 21, 2016
  10. Previll
    Previll Guest
    I'm just waiting for an answer by hopefully someone from Microsoft. I don't think any regular end-user on the the forum can solve this (although any suggestions are appreciated) and I've tried every other support line that Microsoft has to offer, this is
    really the last possible place.

Previll, Jan 26, 2016
  11. Everfades
    Everfades Guest
    I have tried tinkering with the drivers myself but the overwrite doesn't work properly. I managed to get the xbox controller showing under xbox peripherals instead of just as under HID controller. But it didn't react to any input. And some of the driver
    files are locked hence only MS or a really skilled programmer can change the wireless adapter drivers around to actually let controller show up under xbox peripherals to allow us to switch to the other drivers which work with most games. :/ Please all write
    messages to microsoft and xbox support. If they receive enough emails they will eventually change this! Send them a link to this thread, too! I sent my e-mail just now.

Everfades, Jan 29, 2016
  12. BuckoA51
    BuckoA51 Guest
    Same issue here on my PC with Xbox One controller and wired connection, a real shame as I like the controller otherwise.

BuckoA51, Feb 19, 2016
  13. iRemix94
    iRemix94 Guest

currently struggling with the same problem. As someone described above, the problem is that when I connect the xbox one controller via cable, it recognizes it as "xbox peripherals". If I connect it via wireless adapter, it recognizes it as a "XINPUT compatible
    hid device". Problem accures with games like FF13 for PC, where the the game takes no input in the menus as "hid device", but works perfectly when the controller is connected via cable. This bothers me a lot, since I enjoy playing games from my couch, and
    don't want a 5m usb cable across the room. If someone finds a solution, I'd be glad to hear it.

iRemix94, Mar 2, 2016
  14. I was playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on my PC with my XBOX ONE Controller and all of a sudden my camera starts looking up. I cant put it down. Tried to mess about with the drivers and calibrate the controller but the deadzone for the Y-axis is at 0%.

My controller is connected via USB and when I look for support all I can see if Microsoft advertising and not actually caring about problems customers have. I hope Microsoft actually look at this thread and actually provide some support.

Jako The Ripper, Mar 12, 2016
  15. PlamenPopov
    PlamenPopov Guest
    Still no solution? This problem persists on Windows 7. Oddly enough controller works fine in Ubuntu and since most games that have this problem have Linux versions, I've been gaming on Linux.

PlamenPopov, Oct 31, 2018
  16. Ramonster Win User

Xbox wireless adapter for Windows - only one Xbox One Wireless Controller works

I have a similar problem, when I connect my controllers trough the wireless adapter they are not working correctly because I have a Z axis and Z Rotation. WHen I used my controller wired with a USB cable I had this problem and I could fix roll back the drivers
    and the controller went back to the original X, Y, Z Axis, but now, with the Wireless adapter, I can't do that, because I doesn't let me update, because there's no Xbox Periphals to change the driver.
  17. BuckoA51 Win User

Same issue here on my PC with Xbox One controller and wired connection, a real shame as I like the controller otherwise.
  18. Previll Win User

I'm just waiting for an answer by hopefully someone from Microsoft. I don't think any regular end-user on the the forum can solve this (although any suggestions are appreciated) and I've tried every other support line that Microsoft has to offer, this is
    really the last possible place.
  19. KurtCobain47 Win User

I got same problem with wired connection. Can't play emulators thanks to this.
  20. Previll Win User

Thema:

1. Xbox One Controller Wireless Adapter Z axis and rotation at 0% - Similar Threads - Controller Wireless Adapter

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller: My Xbox Wireless Adapter stopped connecting to the controller. My Wireless Xbox adapter was working fine, until one day it stopped connecting to the controller. I have figured out that there is...
  3. Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with the Xbox Series controller on PC using the official wireless adapter: Hello, I am posting here because I have no idea where to ask for help, Microsoft support is useless. Anyways here it goes: For a long time I am been using DS4 with my PC. While it works great,...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver (PC adapter for 360 wireless controller)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver (PC adapter for 360 wireless controller): All, I looked for hours online and spoke with MS online chat to find the Windows 10 driver for the Xbox 360 wireless controller PC adapter (proper name in subject line). I would plug in the PC...
  5. Is the Xbox controller wireless adapter discontinued?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the Xbox controller wireless adapter discontinued?: I can't seem to find it anywhere. I am using bluetooth on my pc, however the connection drops out randomly and it doesn't seem to work if there is something in the way between the controller and...
  6. Xbox series s controller disconnecting from wireless adapter

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series s controller disconnecting from wireless adapter: Hi. Recently my controller has started to disconnect 20 - 30 minutes after use from my wireless adapter and I have to restart my computer to reconnect it. It just started doing this I didn't have...
  7. Windows 11 - No wireless audio with Xbox one controller and adapter for PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 - No wireless audio with Xbox one controller and adapter for PC: Since beginning this month i have Windows 11 and i can't use my Xbox One controller and adapter with the latest firmware wireless for audio. I need to connect it with USB to use the 3,5mm audio...
  8. XBOX ONE controller won't connect to Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (model 1790) after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE controller won't connect to Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 (model 1790) after...: They both just blink until they time out. Over and over. My understanding is the driver is built into Windows. I've tried removing the driver and device from Device Manager and then restarting....
  9. I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to extend the range of the xbox controller to an xbox one using an xbox wireless adapter: From what I understand the xbox wireless adapter is mainly designed to connect xbox one controllers to windows 10 PCs. However, it does list compatibility with Xbox series x and xbox one too. I'd...
  10. Regarding Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 and Xbox series X controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Regarding Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 and Xbox series X controllers: Currently, I have an Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/adapters/wireless-adapter-windows I also have two Xbox Series X Controllers. In the product...