Xbox one controller won’t pair

Discus and support Xbox one controller won’t pair in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While connected with usb cable, pressing the Xbox main button makes the light flash 9 times then dim. It won’t connect with usb cable or wirelessly... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CurtisFowler1, May 11, 2022.

1. Xbox one controller won’t pair

While connected with usb cable, pressing the Xbox main button makes the light flash 9 times then dim. It won’t connect with usb cable or wirelessly with batteries.

The controller paired earlier with usb, then I updated the Xbox as it said to do as the first and only thing I did. now it won’t pair and also the Xbox wants an update (again)

Ive tried holding the Xbox power button for 10 seconds, and holding the controllers main Xbox button and three stripes button together for 30 seconds. Neither did anything to help the problem.

Please help, I was hoping for it to be seamless as I’ve used the console once since I bought it several years ago. I’ve tried getting a support number to ring but every time it says there’s an error their end.

:)

CurtisFowler1, May 11, 2022
  2. 22 savegeCfg Win User

Game

My xbox one won,t let me play games
  3. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Gamertag will not receive messages or invites

Apparently its something to do with messages being sent between the two different systems.

If its sent from the 360 to the one, it won`t show up and vice versa.

Not 100% sure on the details as i don`t have an xbox one, but it won`t be your tag that`s the issue.
  4. METALzer0zer0 Win User

Still think the kinect wont spy on you?

5. s33r Win User

Xbox 360 controller

The original Xbox 360 controllers do not support traditional Bluetooth and as such won't pair. To pair a Xbox 360 controller you will need to purchase an adapter that you plug into your PC. The official one, I believe, can still be ordered on Amazon.

If you want to just straight up pair a controller to a PC without the need for an adapter, recent Xbox One controllers use normal Bluetooth and would pair without issue - https://www.pcgamer.com/xbox-one-controller-on-pc/ will
    tell you how to spot which ones will support this as the original Xbox One controllers don't.
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Xbox One Game Help

If 360 games are not compatible with xbox one then the option to re-purchase or download for free won`t even exist.

There simply won`t be any 360 games on the xbox one.

-

As far as the 360 goes,anything you have already purchased will always be there to download for free,for as long as microsoft support the 360.
Thema:

Xbox one controller won’t pair

1. Xbox one controller won’t pair - Similar Threads - controller won’t pair

2. Controller won’t connect to pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t connect to pc: My controller is wired to my pc it vibrates but doesn’t turn on and if I go to device manager it doesn’t show my controller in there 7deef52b-723f-45e5-814a-c0ebdb12a945
  3. Xbox controllers won’t stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers won’t stay connected: So the controller I usually use (Xbox brand) will turn on my console and blink like it’s connecting but then shuts off and will not connect. I have tried more then one of my controllers and have...
  4. Xbox series S controller won’t respond.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S controller won’t respond.: The controller connects fine to the Xbox, I even used the Xbox button on the controller to turn on the Xbox itself. When everything is powered up It does not register any inputs. I can’t navigate...
  5. xbox controller won’t turn on and makes hissing noises

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller won’t turn on and makes hissing noises: as the title reads i woke up to find the controller completely intact and plugged into the cable as per, how ever it was making an awfully strange noise and would not turn on at all, any help?...
  6. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller won’t turn on: I was using the controller and it just shut off. Plugging in the controller did not allow it to turn back on. I got the controller recently, not sure if this means the battery isn’t charging or if...
  7. XBox won’t sync with controllers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox won’t sync with controllers: Our XBox won’t sync with our controllers. I’ve tried ever suggestion I can find online including using a USB cord. Oddly, the controller did work briefing after one of my resets and allowed me...
  8. XBox One Wireless Controller Won’t Connect to Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Wireless Controller Won’t Connect to Console: I have a Forza 6 Edition XBox One with a Wireless controller (and attached mini keyboard). After not using the unit for a long time, I powered up the console and applied all pending updates....
  9. My XSX controller won’t turn on?

in XboX Insiders
    My XSX controller won’t turn on?: Not sure if others have had this problem recently, but my Xbox Series X controller was working just fine until it suddenly wouldn’t turn on today. When I press the Xbox button on it the button...
  10. Elite Controller Won’t Pair for Mobile Games

in XboX Insiders
    Elite Controller Won’t Pair for Mobile Games: I’ve recently obtained an elite Xbox controller. I like to play CoD mobile and Minecraft PE with my controller attached and thought it would be nice to try and use the Elite controller instead of...