Xbox one controller

Discus and support Xbox one controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased an xbox one controller about a year ago, mostly just so I'd have a backup in case my other one broke. In the year I've owned it though I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rjc595, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Rjc595
    Rjc595 Guest

Xbox one controller

I purchased an xbox one controller about a year ago, mostly just so I'd have a backup in case my other one broke. In the year I've owned it though I've only been able to use it for maybe 10 hours of total gameplay.

The controller will turn on my xbox when I press the X button but shortly after I get to the main menu it chooses to stop working. I'll be able to navigate around for a few seconds before it says I need to connect a controller. Also, I have entered into
    game before, had them load,and played for a few minutes before the controller stopped working again. Also, it works 1/2 the time when I load a game, play for a while with my other controller, and then turn on the new one and use it. The other half, my xbox
    says no controller is connected. Also, it will not work 100% of the time with games in their online modes. The headphone Jack on the controller is not broken either but it wont work with my headset.

For further context, my xbox says that the controller is linked to my profile. I dont get how it turns on the xbox but then wont stay connected to it. Whenever I try to sync the controller to the xbox when it stops working it wont sync up. Also, NO, it does
    not need new batteries. I also had a previous suggestion to update the firmware, but the firmware says its updated... that and the controller wont work half the time to even get to the part of the menu to update things like that. Additionally, the controller
    has never been dropped nor damaged and was purchased new.

What is wrong with it?

:)

Rjc595, Oct 9, 2019
  2. ITz Coywolf Win User

Controller issues

Well what kind of controller is this is it the original Xbox one controller or 3.5mm controller? If it is the original Xbox one controller it might be the controller malfunctioning with your Xbox because they are outdated.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller

4. Internet Expert Win User

Does the Xbox One S console have Bluetooth Capability? I.E Bluetooth Headsets

There is no Bluetooth radio component in the Xbox One S console itself.

The controllers connect to the Xbox One S the same way the controllers connect to the original Xbox One: proprietary RF. You could technically connect an Xbox One S controller to an original Xbox One, and an original Xbox controller to the Xbox One S.

The Bluetooth functionality in the new Xbox One S controller is specifically made for connecting the controller to a Windows 10 PC with the "Anniversary" update, which has the drivers needed for the controller when connected via Bluetooth.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Wireless controls

Hi there,

A 360 controller will work with a 360 console, and an Xbox one controller will work with an Xbox One, but a 360 controller will not work with an Xbox One and vice versa.
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

Adaptive Controller

Hey David,

First thing that comes to mind would be Using co pilot along side the adaptive controller. Co- pilot allows 2 different controllers to control player one,
    And it works perfectly along side the adaptive controller. Aside from that, here are some helpful links to check out if you haven't already :

Get to know the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Play with the Xbox Adaptive Controller

Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller in the Xbox Accessories app

Xbox Adaptive Controller FAQ

Hope this can be of help!
Thema:

Xbox one controller

1. Xbox one controller - Similar Threads - controller

2. Xbox One Controller unsyncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller unsyncing: I bought an original xbox one controller like, 3 weeks ago and it has started to disconnect from the console and soon after connecting again, I take good care of the controller and its updated,...
  3. How to Use headphones with Xbox one s New controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Use headphones with Xbox one s New controller: How do You connect them step-by-step?? f5063604-d853-48c4-8d69-d51268efde9d
  4. Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Sensitivity - A Must Read!: Attention: Microsoft & Xbox high level executives and whatnot! We the people, Users of Xbox One Console, Have had enough! In this discussion, I will be both blunt and honest! We have a serious...
  5. New Xbox One controller drivers broken

in XBoX on Windows
    New Xbox One controller drivers broken: So i was playing some games on my xbox one and i updated my controller with the xbox accessory app and then i went to connect my controller to my pc (ive never had an issue connecting until now)...
  6. XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Controller won't connect with Bluetooth after connecting with USB: I have a persistent issue with using my Xbox One Controller on my Windows 10 laptop with a play and charge kit. It works perfectly with Bluetooth until the battery runs out. I then use the USB...
  7. Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Controller: Hello, I am a avid gamer and I was just wondering if you support programs such as DS4. This program allows a ps4 controller to be used on windows, it does this by emulating a xbox 360 controller....
  8. Elite controller series 2

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Elite controller series 2: Preordered your elite controller series 2 day of announcements now it is shipping on the 8th of November instead of the 4th ?? Why preorder if your not going to honor your side of the deal...
  9. XCloud controller issue

in XboX Insiders
    XCloud controller issue: Hello, Has anyone found a fix for the button mapping issue? Samsung Note 8. Currently tried - updating controller, made sure my phone is updated, restarted my phone and reconnected the...
  10. Not all XBOne controllers supported

in XboX Insiders
    Not all XBOne controllers supported: Have older gen 1 controllers with the wavy logo and everything. Followed the instructions to the letter. Did the controller updates. Went so far as to go to a GameStop and plug in my controllers...