Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple...

Discus and support Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I had to buy a new Xbox controller because my first one was ok, it just kept looking up with one of the D-pads. For example, if I'm playing a game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PopeyesGoBooom, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple...

So I had to buy a new Xbox controller because my first one was ok, it just kept looking up with one of the D-pads. For example, if I'm playing a game like Slime Rancher, my character would look up, even though I never make it do so. I've been dealing with
    this problem for years. It's really stressing me out. Another example would be NBA 2K19. Whenever I shoot, it would make the meter thing, which controls the release, go all the way to very late. I've really been pissed off about this problem and really just
    want help. If anyone, mostly asking for Microsoft, to please answer this so I can try to fix it. I'm tired of having to deal with this for years. I bought a new Xbox controller, which is white, so I wouldn't have to deal with it. But guess what, it came back.
    So I beg of everyone, so please, give me a very simple response on how to fix it. I would very much appreciate it. The D-Pad that keeps acting this way is on the right, bottom one, that would be used to look around in video games.

:)

PopeyesGoBooom, Apr 15, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple answer that I can understand in order to fix it (which does not involve buying a new one)

Hello Popeye,

Thanks for coming to the forums. I understand you are having an issue with your controller drifting? Is this doing it on the new controller you got also? Have you tried

updating the controller
    ? Also, make sure the console itself is plugged directly into a wall outlet. This sounds like a silly troubleshooting step. But it does affect a lot if it isn't plugged in that way.

Try these and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple answer that I can understand in order to fix it (which does not involve buying a new one)

Hi Popeye,

Thanks for keeping us updated. It is possible it is the software on the console may be corrupt. Especially if the drifting is happening on all controllers. We recommend try a

soft factory reset
    . When doing the reset select keep games and apps. You will need to add your profile back to the console. Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. PopeyesGoBooom Win User

Hello Popeye,

Thanks for coming to the forums. I understand you are having an issue with your controller drifting? Is this doing it on the new controller you got also? Have you tried

updating the controller
    ? Also, make sure the console itself is plugged directly into a wall outlet. This sounds like a silly troubleshooting step. But it does affect a lot if it isn't plugged in that way.

Try these and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
    So are you gonna respond to what I just said, or just, you know, ignore it?
  5. PopeyesGoBooom Win User

Yes, it does it mainly with every controller I have. I tried looking if the new one needed an update, but it turns out that it doesn't need one. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the console, because I'm using the original Xbox One. I have one
    DAY ONE 2013 controller, another one that's just plain black, and the white wone, which I believe I bought in 2017 and came out in 2016. So no, the new controller doesn't need an update, it's up to date.
  6. ShadoWBoy2020 Win User

XBOX ONE doesnt work out the box

I am having the same problem. brand new out of the box and it took us about 4 hrs for the update to finally being. It kept giving me errors. This is extremely upsetting, my son was so exited when he opened his xbox one today and now he is telling me that
    this is the WORST CHRISTMAS EVER... Oh and now its not only freezing but the controller won't even work or turn the console off. Someone please help and I hope that Microsoft will do something to compensate for the very stressful Christmas day we have all
    had.
Thema:

Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple...

1. Xbox One controllers are stressing me out like crazy, someone please give me a simple... - Similar Threads - controllers are stressing

2. Xbox one controllers are junk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controllers are junk: They are the most poorly made items on this earth! The original xbox controllers were the best of the best you could run em over with a truck and they'd still work. But my god the thumb stick...
  3. External Hard Drive making controller react slower.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive making controller react slower.: Been playing on my xbox forever now and i have had the external hard drive for months and an issue like this has never happened. I got up today and turned on my xbox and my hard drive wasnt...
  4. Weird disconnect problem with my controller/xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird disconnect problem with my controller/xbox: I'm getting this problem where my xbox suddenly stops taking any input from my controller, and basically repeats the input I was currently doing. So if it happens while im holding RT to shoot in a...
  5. xbox one controller compatabily with xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one controller compatabily with xbox one s: are xbox one wireless controllers compatable with xbox one S consoles? 3c1a1cc6-c895-4432-9810-8094fea7a2d6
  6. Elite Controller Replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Replacement: I have an Elite Controller that is now out of warranty and the rubber grips on the sides have started to fall off. This was a $150 purchase and I really feel like this should not be happening....
  7. xbox controller does not connect to the wireless adapter

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox controller does not connect to the wireless adapter: I have the problem that the Xbox controller does not connect to the adapter. The small light on the adapter flashes, but the controller gets no connection. d6e584bc-c319-4dcd-81be-37fba109fc6f
  8. Trying to return my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to return my controller: I have tried to contact Microsoft support for the past 4 days. Its either problems with the site, offices closed or as today.. authentication problems or some sort. My right stick is slowly...
  9. Controle xbox one S [Control Xbox One S]

in XBoX on Windows
    Controle xbox one S [Control Xbox One S]: Comprei um controle do Xbox one S recentemente, para o PC. Porém, comecei a perceber, que quando aperto algum dos 4 botões, um pouco mais fraco e apertando mais próximo as bordas, o botão afunda...
  10. I keep breaking my controllers (out of anger, annoyance or stress)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep breaking my controllers (out of anger, annoyance or stress): I play a lot of action games and sometimes I find kill stealers, general d*cks, and spammers on fighting games. I normally tend to just shout a swear word at the T.V. and maybe hit the side of...