Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

Discus and support Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by baldy jr, Dec 20, 2019.

1. baldy jr
    baldy jr Guest

I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too..

Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a cycle of:

- The screen image distorting

- The screen going completely blue from anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds

-The screen coming back on for just a second or two before it repeats again.

This problem then continues until I turn the xbox off completely.

Nothing at all has worked and I have run out of options.

I've tried factory resets, power cycling, deleting and redownloading both the app and all accounts on the console.

Nothing works.

If anyone has any new ideas I would love to hear them..

Thank you for your time

:)

baldy jr, Dec 20, 2019
  2. baldy jr Win User

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

To answer all in one:

XA JJKILLERs -

I'm pretty certain it's not a Netflix service issue as it happens with the Film & TV app too, and simply closing those apps doesn't solve it, only rebooting does

Ironwilled -

I have tried it around 8 times in a row in one sitting, each time required a reboot to get the looping crash to stop

Curr946@ -

I like the out of the box idea, but I checked and unfortunately all of the parental controls are off
  3. Curr946@ Win User

Hey, bit of a wild card here, but have you checked your parental settings?
  4. Ironwilled Win User

Hi There,

Some apps are just buggy so you just have to keep trying until it works or use a different app.
  5. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Thanks very much for letting me know, but it's not the service that's the issue as it was doing this for the first time a few weeks ago..

I had never used my xbox to download or stream films before then, and it's that attempting to open the app sends the console onto a loop of losing the video signal until its turned off.
    Netflix has had off and on problems for about a month same for youtube at times
  6. baldy jr Win User

Thanks very much for letting me know, but it's not the service that's the issue as it was doing this for the first time a few weeks ago..

I had never used my xbox to download or stream films before then, and it's that attempting to open the app sends the console onto a loop of losing the video signal until its turned off.
Thema:

1. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix - Similar Threads - crashes trying watch

2. Xbox insider hub app keeps crashing when I try and load it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub app keeps crashing when I try and load it: I can't load the app it keeps crashing and I can't even report problems right now I haven't been able to do any of my surveys anyone else having this problem? submitted by /u/Insane-Rebel...
  3. Trying to delete a debit card and now keeps crashing me out on renewing my live subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to delete a debit card and now keeps crashing me out on renewing my live subscription: Hi, I have, for one reason or another, not been able to change my primary debit card. Every time I try to delete and old card so I can use my new one which is added to the billing info, I keep...
  4. When i try to log into microsoft, minecraft PE always crashes

in XBoX on Mobile
    When i try to log into microsoft, minecraft PE always crashes: Not sure why but every time i try to log into microsoft my MCPE crashes every time 13e9c852-2e5d-4078-81be-1c4a8d4c56db
  5. Subnautica crashing when trying to launch on PC (Xbox Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Subnautica crashing when trying to launch on PC (Xbox Beta): [img] Hey, I was playing Subnautica on my PC a few days ago and it was completely fine. But after I left for a few days, whenever I try to open Subnautica on my pc (even if it's not directly...
  6. Minecraft crashes on iPad when trying to sign in.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft crashes on iPad when trying to sign in.: Just like the title says. When I click sign in to microsoft account, it crashes. Here's what I've done so far to try to fix it in this order. Removed VPNs Delete and reinstall minecraft. Sign...
  7. Xbox One crashes to a snow screen when trying to open an application

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One crashes to a snow screen when trying to open an application: My xbox one continues to crash to a snow screen when trying to open an application. I have tried a soft reset and clearing of caches. No success. Any ideas? a40c4f4e-adf1-420e-b0ed-9cb3881d6c74
  8. Minecraft PE crashes when i try XBOX sign in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PE crashes when i try XBOX sign in: Yeah, i try everything. Clear data cache, uninstall and reinstall, format phone and still its crashes like 6 months and you never try fix this. My phone is Xiaomi Pocophone F1, Android 9 btw....
  9. Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar instantly crashes when trying to open settings tab: Just like the title says, go to open settings so I can tell it what mic and speakers to use for chat so that maybe I could actually use an xbox live party and the program instantly crashes. Every....
  10. Xbox app freezes and crashes when trying to go to profile

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app freezes and crashes when trying to go to profile: Why? How to fix? I had an older version, which worked, but I was suckered into updating it when it started crashing at sign in. Now an important part doesn't work anymore....