Xbox One Disc Reading Issues

Discus and support Xbox One Disc Reading Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently tried fo play a disc game on my Xbox One. And it doesent seem to launch, ive read the forums and ive seen that others are having the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OrniiX, Sep 23, 2019.

1. OrniiX
    OrniiX Guest

I recently tried fo play a disc game on my Xbox One. And it doesent seem to launch, ive read the forums and ive seen that others are having the same issue.

I’ll list what previous Xbox Users have told me and ive already attemepted

•Ive already Soft Reset my Xbox One and Hard Reset, the issue persists

•It only works after i restart my xbox one

• Ive had this problem with all discs

• Sometimes it wont even Eject my disc and i hane to restsart to get the disc out.

:)

OrniiX, Sep 23, 2019
  2. PrintCrowd Win User

Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?

I have had two oxbox one originals both have had issues reading discs we also have a xbox s that has never had any issues reading disc
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

Issue with Xbox One reading discs

Maybe the rental disks are bad or something else!!
  4. XBF Esteban R Win User

Issue with Xbox One reading discs

Hello H0m3iy2016,

Well we have a bunch of information on our support site on the page entitled
    How to troubleshoot problems playing a disc on your Xbox One
    that can I think should help you out with the issue.

It could potentially be a software glitch as well, and if it continues I would do this thing we call a soft reset.
    It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your accounts(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks
  5. DanMen334 Win User

if the problem occurs with games and movies, it is due to a problem of the reader and you must make use of your guarantee, if you still have it, although you can request the repair if you do not have a guarantee but you must cover the cost
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

This Troubleshoot disc errors on Xbox one may assist you.

Try the following solutions if none of your discs will play, or if you insert a disc and your console doesn't recognize it. If your Xbox Home screen tells you to insert a disc when a disc is already inserted, that means it doesn't recognize
    your disc. In these scenarios, there are two possible issues:

• The settings for instant-on power mode can render a small number of consoles unable to read discs.
    • The console's disc drive needs servicing.

Solution 1: If you use instant-on power mode, change power modes and power cycle the console

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Power & startup >
      Power mode & startup.
    3. Select Power mode, and then select Energy-saving.
    4. Perform a "hard power cycle" by holding down the Xbox button
      on the console for 10 seconds. Once the console has completely shut down, press the
      Xbox button on the console again to restart it.
    5. Try your disc again. Wait a few seconds to see if the console recognizes it. If the console can now read the disc, you can revert to instant-on power mode.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Disc Reading Issues - Similar Threads - Disc Reading Issues

2. Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?: I have been a big fan of Xbox since the original launched. Been a member of XBL since launch as well. However, the XB1 has been really pushing me away. My first XB1 had issues with the disc drive....
  3. Disc Reading Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disc Reading Issues: My *BATTLEFIELD 1* game (only BF1), has suddenly quit being recognized as a game disc! My console recognizes there is a disc in, but what is! Anyone have any knowledge or understanding of this? Or...
  4. Issue with Xbox One reading discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with Xbox One reading discs: I have about 7 games on disc. Each of these games load perfectly fine and do not have any issues with running once put into my Xbox. I just rented 2 games to try from a rental store. My Xbox...
  5. Issue reading some blueray discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue reading some blueray discs: I encounter an issue reading blueray discs... not all of them but many. I tried all the tips I found in the technical assistance topic on the site but nothing works... In example, it can not read...
  6. Less than a month of owning and I'm already having disc read / load issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Less than a month of owning and I'm already having disc read / load issues: First off, I would like to say that I've never had to fill out a support thread out because I've been a Sony Playstation 3&4 owner and have never had to send in my consoles. I owned an original...
  7. Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Read Issues After Fall 2017 Dashboard Update: This may just be a huge coincidence, but the day I got the Xbox Fall 2017 Dashboard update, now known good game discs will sometimes take inserting and ejecting a couple times before the Xbox will...
  8. Xbox One Disc reading issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc reading issue: My one year old Xbox one doesn't read any backwards compatible Xbox 360 discs, spins for 2 seconds and stops , doesn't even attempt to spin , and then it will not eject , all games tried are...
  9. Xbox disc reading issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox disc reading issues.: So I've had this problem for a while now and it sort of comes and goes as it pleases. I insert a disc (let's say for the sake of discussion Overwatch) and it starts to read the disc but then stops...
  10. Xbox One Disc Reading Issues and Other Weird Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Reading Issues and Other Weird Issues: Hey so I have not had an issue with my XboxOne until the past couple weeks. One day the system is working perfectly fine, the next it says it can not read the disc, power cycling it doesn't work,...