Xbox One disk drive trouble

Discus and support Xbox One disk drive trouble in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So recently, I've been having problems with my Xbox One disk drive. The problems include the eject button not working (Which may be due to the ribbon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RionHughes, May 13, 2019.

1. RionHughes
    RionHughes Guest

So recently, I've been having problems with my Xbox One disk drive. The problems include the eject button not working (Which may be due to the ribbon cable) and it not reading disks. Disks insert just fine but it just doesn't read. I took it to GeekSquad
    at BestBuy and they said the cost of repair outweighs the cost of a new one which is probably some BS they made up cause they just don't want to do it. I would really like a solution to this.

:)

RionHughes, May 13, 2019
  2. RionHughes Win User

I also forgot to mention that the power button doesn't work either
  3. Alucario Ultra Win User

Try to hard reset your console; press the power off button for 10 seconds until it turn off, then unplug your console from the power and wait a pair or minutes to plug in again.

If that did not work, try going to settings, energy, and disable the fast start.

I found out this article that may help you:

https://windowsreport.com/xbox-one-not-reading-games/
  4. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft are the only ones who are authorized to repair the consoles anyway, so Best Buy may have just used that as an excuse to try to sell one. If buttons themselves are not working though, you may want to send it in for repair. If it's out of warranty,
    Microsoft do charge and it's typically around $100. You would need to contact support to set up a repair. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  5. AngelObullets Win User

6. KingRichard2020 Win User

console takes half an hour to read disc

Thema:

1. Xbox One disk drive trouble - Similar Threads - disk drive trouble

2. Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X: I had an issue with my Xbox One X not being able to read the disk. When the disk was inserted, it made a jet engine sound, and the software did not see a disk. I troubleshooted this problem by...
  3. Error Message for Xbox 1s - "Disk Drive is Not Detected"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Message for Xbox 1s - "Disk Drive is Not Detected": I've tried to get Help from Microsoft but the virtual assistant is in a never-ending loop on a completely different subject. What does this mean? Can we repair it? Has anyone had any experience...
  4. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  5. Xbox One X Disk Drive And Wireless

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Disk Drive And Wireless: Hello Recently my xbox has had real difficulty reading discs and connecting to controllers. i have carried out updates, replaced controller, replaced disc drive and wireless card. But nothing...
  6. Xbox next generation console no disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox next generation console no disk drive: As far as I know, the disc less xbox is happening for real, but I don't know what else they'll be adding to the console. e6de2a9e-6ddb-4cec-894b-d4c9a2d6ba1e
  7. Xbox one X disk drive HELP !!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X disk drive HELP !!!: i have not used many disks in my one X [most games i have online] but i went to load up a brand new copy of FH4 and it won't load it and i have try all 10 xbox one games and a 4K BR disk and still...
  8. xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...: Ciao, posseggo un Seagate drive esterno da 2 tb da poco tempo.. avevo installato un paio di giochi da pochi gb e fin lì tutto bene, in questi giorni stavo facendo il download di the witcher 3 e...
  9. Issues with my Xbox X disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with my Xbox X disk drive: Hello, I hadn't played for two months and I restarted two days ago. First day, everything was perfect after updating the console and games. Second day, I had an 0x82D40004 error while the game...
  10. Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk drive increasingly has trouble recognizing that a Blu Ray or DVD has been inserted: It recognizes game discs just fine. However, any Blu Ray or DVD that I insert usually gets a few burst of a sort of soft grinding noise, before it settles down and pretends like nothing has been...