Xbox One - does not connect with gigabit speed via cable

Discus and support Xbox One - does not connect with gigabit speed via cable in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox One Modern Warfare edition, and I am unable to connect to my router with a gigabit connection. It only detects 100Mb instead of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GonzaloMG, Apr 19, 2021.

1. GonzaloMG
    GonzaloMG Guest

Hi,

I have an Xbox One Modern Warfare edition, and I am unable to connect to my router with a gigabit connection. It only detects 100Mb instead of 1000Mb. This was not a problem until now and never noticed, as I had a 100/100 connection at home, but I just upgraded to a 600/600 fiber line.

The router is compatible, I currently have a Switch and a NAS connected with 1000Mb, and also the laptop. I also tested connecting the XboX to a different router and I get the same result.

I have bought a new cable in case it was the problem, CAT7, and still only connects with 100Mb.

The Xbox has open NAT, all ports opened, I have restarted it and the router many times.

Any idea on how to solve it, or how to force gigabit connection? Thanks

Regards

Gonzalo

:)

GonzaloMG, Apr 19, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Hello GonzaloMG, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps below:

First, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. Bazajaytee Win User

Supposedly has a Gigabit Ethernet Card?!?!

Guessing you are connecting your Xbox One to the modem directly and via cable and that cable is Cat6 and not Cat5 or Cat5e as the later two are more common but don't support gigabit connections. You will need Cat6 cable for that.

If you aren't plugged directly into the modem and are going through a router you will need a Cat6 between the console and the router and then another Cat6 from router to modem.

As with anything on the Internet, all speeds are hypothetical and may not be the speed you actually get.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Download speeds

If you mean that you are downloading a game, and as soon as you open an application or game to play, the download on the console drops, then yes, this is by design.

In order to guarantee a good multiplayer experience with party chat, or video streaming apps, the console will limit the download speeds to a certain speed to prioritize your actual running game or app.

If you only get 100Mbps on a 1GB connection, make sure your console is connected via ethernet cable to a 1Gbps port on your router, and that your router actually supports Gigabit Ethernet. You can't reach Gigabit speeds through a WiFi connection. So to make
    the most of your connection, run your console via Ethernet cable.
  5. Internet Expert Win User

Which cat cable should I use 5 or 6

The Xbox One utilizes gigabit ethernet for wired connections, so a Cat5e cable will even suffice.

Cat6 is a bit overkill (supports 10Gbps bandwidth), but you can still use it. This all really only matters if your home internet is at gigabit (1000Mbps) speeds.
  6. rm0rales Win User

Xbox App Stream from Xbox One issues

Xbox1 streaming - works sometimes.

My set up-

I have 4 xbox1's all connected via ethernet wire (cat 5e or >)

(2 xbox1's) are connected via netgear gigabit switch

(2 xbox1's) go directly to gigabit router.

2 computers also connected via gigabit switch.

both computers have gigabit network cards.

Problem:

Has been working great up until about one week ago. Now randomly getting network connection problems. I was running at medium quality, and then set to low quality but still no difference.

Ran stream test from windows 10 xbox1 app and got 4 green check marks.

Tried restarting all units connected, changed out patch cables to cat 6, changed old gigabit switch to new netgear gigabit switch to match gigabit router.

Frustrating how it works then it does not... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - does not connect with gigabit speed via cable - Similar Threads - does connect gigabit

2. Hdmi connection has broken in my Xbox series s, does anyone know if this is covered under...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hdmi connection has broken in my Xbox series s, does anyone know if this is covered under...: Hdmi connection has broken in my Xbox series s, does anyone know if this is covered under warranty or will I have to pay the £195 repair fee please? 488c2f28-cd8a-4921-9b38-4f5a168cf8ef
  3. Does anyone know how to get these on my profile I’m connected to all my stuff but they...

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know how to get these on my profile I’m connected to all my stuff but they...: [IMG] submitted by /u/IlIMitchyIlI [link] [comments]
  4. I cannot play Anthem game definitely does not establish a server connection.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Anthem game definitely does not establish a server connection.: I cannot play Anthem game definitely does not establish a server connection. cd39f54f-43d5-4ee1-ac34-bffc6335386d
  5. Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible

in XBoX on Consoles
    Denon AVR 2700H + XBOX ONE connected to Samsung QLED does not show TV HDR10 compatible: Hi, I have an XBOX ONE connected to the Game HDMI port of my Denon 2700H which is connected to a Samsung QLED TV - when I configure HDR on the xbox one, I get a message indicating that my TV is...
  6. Teredo does not qualify and Server connectivity blocked.

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo does not qualify and Server connectivity blocked.: I have done a lot of steps mentioned on the Xbox forums and many others. Like changing teredo server name, using group policy editor, etc. The step for reinstalling Teredo tunneling adapter was...
  7. Why does my controller turn off after it connects to my xbox one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller turn off after it connects to my xbox one.: So I've used 4 different controllers on my xbox one and every time it connects to the box, the controller turns off. I thought well maybe my batteries are being weird , so I bought a different...
  8. THE SCREEN SAVER DOES NOT WORK WITH JOYSTICK CONNECTED TO THE PC

in XBoX on Windows
    THE SCREEN SAVER DOES NOT WORK WITH JOYSTICK CONNECTED TO THE PC: Hi, I have a Joystick from the brand HORI REAL ARCADE PRO V. HAYABUSA SILENT connected to a computer via USB cable. It works correctly but when I am not using it, being connected to the PC, the...
  9. My Xbox series X/S controller does connect to my pc with bluetooth but wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series X/S controller does connect to my pc with bluetooth but wont work: Hi, I received my new xbox series x/s controller today but it doesnt work with bluetooth. It will connect but my pc doesnt get any responses. With a type c cable it works just fine. I also tried...
  10. My Xbox Elite Series 2 does not connect with cable to my pc.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Elite Series 2 does not connect with cable to my pc.: Hi there, so I just bought the controller and connected it to the pc and it worked for 2minutes with the cable and then it suddenly turned off. There is no chance to get any sign of energy in the...