Xbox One does not power on and off my TV anymore

Discus and support Xbox One does not power on and off my TV anymore in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I set my Xbox One to turn on and off my TV. It has been working fine up until this past week. For some reason it just all of a sudden stopped working.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kelsoe256, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Kelsoe256
    Kelsoe256 Guest

I set my Xbox One to turn on and off my TV. It has been working fine up until this past week. For some reason it just all of a sudden stopped working. Has anyone had this problem or know what to do to fix this issue?

:)

Kelsoe256, Dec 24, 2014
  2. RedTeg
    RedTeg Guest
    Xbox Turn Off, doesn't power down equipment?

I can power on with "Xbox On".

It turns on my TV.

But "Xbox Turn Off", "Yes", does not power off the TV. Should it? (does yours?)

RedTeg, Dec 24, 2014
  3. jrphoenix1
    jrphoenix1 Guest
    Why can't I watch my tv without the xbox one powered on

Does the xbox one automatically go into power save mode when I'm watching TV? I have my xbox one setup to turn on and off my cable box and tv through kinect commands. I just wonder how much power I'm using when just watching tv?

jrphoenix1, Dec 24, 2014
  4. Xbox One does not power on and off my TV anymore

Hey Kelsoe, a few questions:

1) Is anything blocking the Kinect or the IR receiver on the TV?

2) Have you tried a hard reboot of the Xbox? (press and hold power button for 10 seconds)

3) Have you gone through device setup again? (TV & OneGuide settings -> Device control -> TV)

4) What's the make and model of the TV?

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Dec 26, 2014
  5. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Hey Kelsoe, a few questions:

1) Is anything blocking the Kinect or the IR receiver on the TV?

2) Have you tried a hard reboot of the Xbox? (press and hold power button for 10 seconds)

3) Have you gone through device setup again? (TV & OneGuide settings -> Device control -> TV)

4) What's the make and model of the TV?
  6. jrphoenix1 Win User

Why can't I watch my tv without the xbox one powered on

Does the xbox one automatically go into power save mode when I'm watching TV? I have my xbox one setup to turn on and off my cable box and tv through kinect commands. I just wonder how much power I'm using when just watching tv?
  7. Unreal Warfare Win User

monitor or tv

You can set the Xbox One to turn the TV on or off with the Xbox One when it powers up or powers down. It does this with the Kinects IR blaster. Works for AV equipment too. It works for the majority of compatible TV and AV equipment.
  8. UnbiasedMean85 Win User

Xbox 360s controller

All tv manufacturers and models have differnet configurations. This bears out my question. I could conclude that, as my console does not connect with the controller, does this mean my xbox may be faulty? Or that, my HDMI port just has no power to it, if
    the tv has been powered down using the on/off switch, therefore no connection is detected with the console.

I take it your tv was not in standby mode, but powered of by the on/off button?
  9. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Xbox One does not power on and off my Samsung TV

Hey D9Cyph - does volume up and down (using the media remote or "Xbox volume up") work for your Samsung TV?
Thema:

1. Xbox One does not power on and off my TV anymore - Similar Threads - does power off

2. My XBOX 360 freezes and does not turn off unless i disconnect power

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX 360 freezes and does not turn off unless i disconnect power: Hi I've recently been having a problem where on my XBOX 360 while playing a game the entire game and console will freeze and nothing will work. The Audio still works like when I play GTA and this...
  3. Error Code 0x800705b4 Power cycle does not fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code 0x800705b4 Power cycle does not fix: I keep getting this error when trying to run an application or game. Power cycling has not provided a fix for more than 1 day. Also, factory resetting the xbox has not resolved my issue. I am...
  4. Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power does not work when I touched it and turns off by itself and makes beep...: My xbox power button not responding to touch and keeps making ejecting disc noise like crazy turns off as soon as it get to the menu or turn on right away with ejecting disc noises...
  5. Why Does My Xbox One Power Off Immediately After Start-up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Does My Xbox One Power Off Immediately After Start-up: Need help with xbox that immediately shuts off when powered on. Today i tried turning it on like always and it powered off within a half of a second. It keeps doing just that and doesn’t seem to...
  6. Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S, power button does not light up, shows home screen on tv, controller shuts off: I just moved my Xbox 360 S over to a new stand about 3ft from where it was, it was working fine pryer to the move, now the "ON" light and rings around the power button do not light up, the...
  7. Xbox On/ Xbox Turn Off does not power on off Tivo Virgin Media

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox On/ Xbox Turn Off does not power on off Tivo Virgin Media: I have a virgin Media TiVo cable box running through my Xbox One. It work albeit with two annoying faults. When I power on the Xbox, it will not power on the cable box, so I need to leave it on...
  8. Xbox One does not power on and off my Samsung TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One does not power on and off my Samsung TV: I set up my Xbox One and highlighted the function for it to turn on and off my devices. The Xbox One will turn on and off both my receiver and my cable box, but will not turn on and off my TV. I...
  9. Sky HD STB Does not Power On/Off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky HD STB Does not Power On/Off: Hi, i have my Sky HD box connected to my Xbox One, and the channel changing/other controls works fine, the only thing that it doesn't seem to do is turn the Sky HD box on or off when turning the...
  10. Why does my Xbox shut off I immediately after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox shut off I immediately after powering on: can someone please help me with my Xbox one it shuts off immediately after powering on 22e16191-5c61-4e2a-a4ce-0f3f315cfda9