Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

Discus and support Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps I recently bought Xbox Live like 2 hours ago just to play Fortnite, I am... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by FaZe NapzSutton, May 23, 2020.

1. Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps

I recently bought Xbox Live like 2 hours ago just to play Fortnite, I am updating fortnite as we speak and it is downloading at 20 kb/s while my core internet on my computer which is connected to the same network is running at 10 mb/s, so what i'm saying
    is my download speed is very very slow and it's making me mad. Any Help?

Thanks,

EDIT: This problem was solved by redownloading my Fortnite.

:)

FaZe NapzSutton, May 23, 2020
  2. DoubleRiver Win User

Keep disconnecting from xbox every 20 minutes

My ping was 20 ms,download speed was 10.70 Mbps and upload speed was 0.97 Mbps.
  3. Jake Bluez Win User

Slow download speed

I have Internet with a 25 Mbps download speed ... I typically get 20 to 25 Mbps BUT my Xbox One seems to be LIMITED to 1.5 Mbps ... One point five Megabits per second? Why? WHY?
  4. xKoBeCluTcHX Win User

Xbox One is not getting the internet speeds that i am paying for.

i have heard of people getting much higher speeds on their xbox than i am currently getting. my cousin for example gets around 125 mbps. thanks for the response though, i just tried everything how you said and it has not made a difference. still around 80
    mbps down and 20 up.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Internet speed issues

I can't answer the question on if it is a Microsoft limitation but I do know that if you have 20-30 Mbps upload speed it is very good. You say yours measured from other devices is 110 Mbps? That to me sounds like a download speed. I have never heard
    (don't mean it doesn't exist) of a home internet connection have 110 Mbps upload speed. Would you please clarify?

20-30 Mbps is way more than enough to support XBOX gaming. Most users have no where near that speed.
  6. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Xbox one Upload speed is miserable

I have spectrum Internet and my xbox is showing 2-3mb upload on a wired connection....my desktop PC is 20-25mb up which is what I am paying for. My wifi devices like my phone and laptop even are close to 20 up. Why is xbox not getting faster upload....

Ive tried clearing MAC on the xbox and a soft factory reset and nothing has changed....
    The reason why it seems lower on Xbox is because it measures internet speeds by mb/s instead of Mbps, if you want to double check or want to upgrade please convert it on this website

https://www.gbmb.org/mbps-to-mbs

It will allow you to convert Mbps to mb/s

I assume you mean Mbps and MB/s. When dealing with speeds Mbps would be the same as Mb/s and Mbit/s. Speeds are normally talked about in (b)bits, while file sizes are normally talked about in (B)bytes. There are 8 bits to 1 byte. So Mbps would stand for
    megabit per second, as would Mb/s. The capitol B would stand for the Byte. So if we were to but it into speed it would be MBps, or MB/s. 1MBps would be 8Mbps. Ever wonder why it seems like files take longer to download than they should? It's because your speed
    of transferring the file is in bits and the actual file size is in bytes. Hope that helps anyone who would like to understand the meaning between the symbols.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Download Speeds dropping to 20 kb/s and no higher than 5 mbps - Similar Threads - Download Speeds dropping

2. just fix the XBOX (Beta) App Download speeds...

in XboX Insiders
    just fix the XBOX (Beta) App Download speeds...: This is beyond stupid at this point, by now i figured it would all be worked out with true download speeds. i pay for 500mb/s internet but whenever i use xbox (Beta) App for windows 10 to download...
  3. slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    slow download speed: two weeks ago, my download speed on the two xbox ones i have have been great (60+Mbps), but lately, it became less than one mega bit per second and when i test the speed on my phone and PC it...
  4. Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Very Slow Download Speeds From Microsoft Store/Xbox Game Pass PC: Hello, I am experiencing extremely slow download speeds when downloading a game from the games with gold collection. A speed test and other sources allow me to download at 20mbps, but I am only...
  5. Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S slow download speed and constant drop out: I had an original Xbox one bought back in 2013 or 14 and have just got an Xbox one s around 3 weeks ago. My games are all mostly on an external hard drive so I've been playing them fine until now...
  6. Download speeds dropped since getting a new Xbox.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speeds dropped since getting a new Xbox.: Hey, I used to have a basic xbox one, download/install speed was between 60/80mb/s. I recently bought an Xbox one S and my speeds have dropped to between 5-13 mb/s im on a BT hub 4 if that helps,...
  7. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Download speed keeps dropping when playing cod my download speed keeps dropping from 3o to 0.65. According to my xbox but if i do a speed test via...
  8. Hitron: Download speed dropped after November update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Hitron: Download speed dropped after November update: Hitron (Modems/Gateways): Download speed dropped after November update Since the November update my download speed on the Xbox has gone from 300mbps to between 50 and rarely 100. All other...
  9. Download Speed Suddenly Dropped

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download Speed Suddenly Dropped: As of yesterday my download speed has dropped from roughly 30+mb/s to 200kb/s. All tests Ive done for speed, latency have come back fine. My ISP says everything is fine down their end. Why has...
  10. Xbox One Download speed randomly drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Download speed randomly drops: Hi everyone. I'm really frustrated and need some tech support. I hope this is the right spot. I'll be as thorough and concise as possible with this post. ISP: Time Warner 30mbps speed (slow I...