Xbox One Elite Controller blinks midgame and when you start it

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Controller blinks midgame and when you start it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, my Xbox One Elite Controller started a few weeks ago to blink fast in the middle of the game. This happened irregular, sometimes a few minutes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Deso D3aXt3R, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Deso D3aXt3R
    Deso D3aXt3R Guest

Hello, my Xbox One Elite Controller started a few weeks ago to blink fast in the middle of the game. This happened irregular, sometimes a few minutes after the console starts, sometimes after a few hours, often in a row, once a day, sometimes only every
    few days.

Now this problem has not been around for a week, but now everytime I start a console with this controller, the console starts regular but then the controller blinks for 25 seconds fast. After that, he is connected again und function normally. This happens
    every time for a week.

I did a hard reset, I tested the controller on two different consoles (I have a Xbox One X and a Xbox One S) and I tested another controller that works normally. I also tested different batteries.

I don't know, if the first problem could reappear, but is there any solution for the second problem?

I bought the controller two and a half years ago.

Thank you for any help with these two issues.

:)

Deso D3aXt3R, Sep 4, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Deso,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

It's normal for the controller's LED to blink when starting up the console and turning it on the first time but not for 25 seconds. Also if the LED blinks while midgame, that means the controller lost connection to the Xbox and attempts to re-connect automatically.
    From the testing you have presented, it seems like the issue is within the controller's hardware. In order to confirm that,
    you will need to try out a soft factory reset.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

Make sure to select "Keep my games & apps" and have the correct account login information plus your Wi-Fi password ready if you connect wireless because you will need to re-add the account's that were on the Xbox and re-connect to your
    network during the reset.

Let us know if the factory reset improves the connection.
  3. RedaTiger Win User

My xbox one got stuck while updating

tried this but still no positive result i also want you to know that when i try turn on my xbox with controller it starts but the controller keep blinking and doesn't connect to the xbox .
  4. CHEERCHICK35 Win User

Trouble syncing second controller

When holding the sync buttons on the console and controller, the light blinks on the controller as if it is going through the syncing but then the light will start to blink steady or rapidly.........I did insert new batteries.....
  5. xCYGNUSxHYOGAx Win User

Xbox One controller for PC chatpad not working, light blinking orange

same issue here on my end. xbox elite controller was updating then it closed out then prompted me to redo the update it finished and orange light kept blinking. tried 3.5mm controller update went through no issue but light still blinking. controllers work
    no problem but chatpad still not working. if it helps i did it over wireless on elite and usb with 3.5mm controller. hopefully op has a fix by now not finding anything on youtube about this.
  6. Carl0Sp1cyW33nr Win User

Controller won't connect to Xbox

The controller will also stop blinking as if it's connected then start to blink again.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Controller blinks midgame and when you start it - Similar Threads - Elite Controller blinks

2. Elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller: Hi. My son has a elite controller, he is on his 2nd one inside 10 months. The rubber grips have fallen off all the thumb buttons. can You help? Can i buy replacements ? thankyou...
  3. Elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller: I requested a replacement for my elite controller and they accepted it, but they asked to give my controller to them and I am wondering if I have to put all the parts like paddles, thumbstick and...
  4. Ordering of Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Ordering of Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Hi Microsoft, Please advise me on a channel on purchasing the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. I am residing in Singapore and I am unable to order the controller from sites such as Amazon. Thanks...
  5. Elite controller series 2

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Elite controller series 2: Preordered your elite controller series 2 day of announcements now it is shipping on the 8th of November instead of the 4th ?? Why preorder if your not going to honor your side of the deal...
  6. Elite controller,rubber grips came off again

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller,rubber grips came off again: Hi, I own the elite controller . For second time the grips unglued again . The first time you replace my controller but now it's impossible to speak with someone here in support. Whatever I choose...
  7. Xbox one elite controller grips

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one elite controller grips: How do i get my controller grips replaced? Feeling like i was sold a faulty product. Why would i want to purchase another elite controller if these fall apart. Seems like a normal issue. Attempted...
  8. [PC] Xbox One Elite controller working only inside "Xbox Accessories" app

in XBoX on Windows
    [PC] Xbox One Elite controller working only inside "Xbox Accessories" app: This is a very strange malfunctioning: my elite controller works ONLY inside the "Xbox Accessories" app. The controller gets detected, both wired and wirelessly, but the PC doesn't register its...
  9. My XBOX elite Controller is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX elite Controller is broken: My XBOX elite did not respond when connecting to a computer or XBOX ONE X, and the lights kept flashing. It broke down during the upgrade process. So, what can i do?...
  10. Xbox Elite Controller Stiff Analog Sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Stiff Analog Sticks: Okay so I received my Xbox Elite Controller in the mail about a week ago and since receiving it I have had an awful time adjusting. I've noticed, at least in my case, that the thumbsticks on the...