Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello there! I was wondering if the Elite controller had some sort of an improvement over the standard Xbox One controller headphone jack as in audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DavidSage3, Mar 28, 2019.

1. DavidSage3
    DavidSage3 Guest

Hello there! I was wondering if the Elite controller had some sort of an improvement over the standard Xbox One controller headphone jack as in audio quality, if basically the sound was any better?

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

DavidSage3, Mar 28, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

There is also the option to connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

I hope this answers your question.
    I have the Elite controller, and you can NOT connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

Also, the Elite controller has the same 3.5mm audio jack as the other controllers. As the sound is transmitted to the controller digitally, and then turned into an analogue signal, you won't hear a difference.

You'll get the most audio improvements by choosing "Windows Sonic" as an audio format for your headphones, or if you're willing to pay money for the Dolby Atmos for Headphones app, you can also activate Dolby Atmos for your headphones.

But the overall sound quality is mostly dependent on the speakers built into your headphones than the actual audio jack in the controller.

Also to "defend" the headphone jack:

I use a Plantronics RIG 400HX headset. It has a volume slider and mute switch in it's cable, so you can adjust the volume and mute the microphone with the flick of a switch.

And since Plantronics is known for making professional headsets that are used in callcenters and other professional environments, the Plantronics headset is also comfortable to wear for extended periods.
  3. JUST DO IT415 Win User

Was audio quality something you were looking for? I would say investing in a nice set of headphones is better than getting an elite controller.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

The overall performance of the Elite is better than the normal controller while it lasts. The problem is, it won't last long. The quality of the parts and the quality of the manufacturing is worse. I would say the headphone jack is exactly the same.
  5. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I avoid using the Xbox One controller headphone jack because I prefer having physical buttons to mute and adjust volume. If you don't spending a little bit of extra cash, I'd recommend picking up the Xbox One Stereo Headset adaptor or the Turtle Beach
    Headset Audio Controller Plus. Both plug into the bottom of your controller, offer great sound quality and have physical buttons for muting your mic, and adjusting individual volumes for game audio and chat audio.
  6. skaffa LEE Win User

Hello DavidSage3,

The Elite controller is in many ways a better than the standard controller, but from my experience the headphone jack is the same as inside the standard controller.

There is also the option to connect your headphones via Bluetooth.

I hope this answers your question.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Controller Headphone Jack Audio Quality - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Headphone

2. Xbox elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller: My husbands husbands elite controllers left stick stopped working in the middle of playing. When he took off the the removable cover it started working again but when he put the cover on it...
  3. Xbox elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller: Is anyone having issues with the left bumper on the elite series 2 controller? The bumper just wont activate most of the time. It is so frustrating. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps...
  4. Elite 2 Controller right trigger and online service

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller right trigger and online service: 1. right trigger is sticking when i press it 2. left stick is creaking sometimes, especially when i press it forward to the left and then all over to the right side 3. i can't start the online...
  5. Elite series 2 xbox one controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 xbox one controller: So I have been using my controller for a couple months now and suddenly out of nowhere my left trigger is making a clicking sound and it feels like its sticking a bit, I paid alot of money for...
  6. Xbox elite controller - RB button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller - RB button: Hi, We bought a contoller and the RB button isnt reacting all the time. The shop (Smyths toys) said they cant see the issue and we should refer it to Microsoft. Please can you advise, having...
  7. xbox elite controller turning off randomly need to submit a return

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox elite controller turning off randomly need to submit a return: Hi I bought the controller directly off the microsoft site it is the elite 2. I need to send it back for warranty yet trying to do this seems impossible on your site. so here i am. I have had to...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller v2 - Headphone audio via Chatpad not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller v2 - Headphone audio via Chatpad not working: Hi. I have the XBox Elite Series 2 controller. When connecting headphones directly to the controller 3.5mm jack, they work fine. When one connects a Chatpad to the controller, then plugs in the...
  9. Xbox Elite 2 Controller Headphone Jack issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller Headphone Jack issues: I just got my controller for Christmas and i plugged in the headphone jack after getting it set up and the audio didn't work for 3 different headsets dcfa6bc3-9d43-4e7a-8f45-f80642f0b497
  10. Xbox One X And Elite controller - no audio via headphone port, but standard controller works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X And Elite controller - no audio via headphone port, but standard controller works: I have an Xbox One X and thought I would try the Dolby Atmos via headphones for late night gaming. This works well with the standard controller or the Xbox One S controller via the headphone...