Xbox One Elite Controller Left Stick Drift

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Controller Left Stick Drift in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller's left stick drifts horribly any time I try to stand still in games. Any ideas on how to fix this? bfba1023-5395-4897-8c07-0e1abbe4fedc Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AvK Prophet, Sep 2, 2019.

1. AvK Prophet
    AvK Prophet Guest

My controller's left stick drifts horribly any time I try to stand still in games. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

AvK Prophet, Sep 2, 2019
  2. BobHun87 Win User

Xbox Elite Controller thumbstick drift

same.

my 1st elite: crash gumi grips. send back to service, but i buy a new one for this 2 week. Try this new: right stick drift to right...

ok, my 1st elite came back, try this. left stick drift to right (fresh new controller from ms service)

ok i sent back this 2 broken Elites.

1-2 week done, get 2 new fresh Elites... tested... both new Elite's (my 3rd and 4th) left sticks drift to right...

my last 5 Elites broken, 3 fresh from Xbox Support. Thats a big joke.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Drift with Elite controllers

I have two original elite controllers and one pf the new elite 2 controllers that I got my son for Christmas. They all have drift issues with the left sticks. I hd thought it would be addressed with the new version, but I guess not. Please help
    make this right.
    Unfortunately, stick drift seems all too common in this current generation on Xbox, on PS4, and even on Switch. I wonder if it's because so many games use the sticks at buttons as well, which is leading to extra pressure being exerted? I've lost many controllers
    to stick drift, and looking at the forums and reddit, a lot of people are complaining about stick drift issues from day one with the Elite series 2. Fingers crossed that Xbox can address the issue for everybody affected by it.
  4. Seriously Scott Win User

Xbox one controller failures

Ahhh the dreaded stick drift, it was the right stick for me, it finally took my day 1 controller from me... :(

Always disliked clicking in a stick for sprint, so one of my Elites paddles is always mapped to the left stick click.
  5. ruger280 Win User

controller drift

That is strange. I've only ever had stick drift on my old 360 controllers. I don't know if the standard Xbox one controllers have it, but the Xbox Elite controller sticks can be adjusted to have dead zones to avoid drift. Check in the Xbox Accessories
    app if you can adjust it for normal controllers.
    Have my elite controller set up and still drifts. Can't do standard controller. Did notice they drift worse on any COD.
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox Controllers

i have an original day one 2013 controller at home, that works perfect, every controller since the Xbox one s has come out get either stick drift on the left stick or bumber issues including the original elite.

I have a third party licenced controller, no issues (go figure).

i think as the left stick double as a click in which is mostly used for running in games causes this issue, but only on the official controllers.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Controller Left Stick Drift - Similar Threads - Elite Controller Left

2. Xbox Elite Controller v2 - Left Thumb Stick Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller v2 - Left Thumb Stick Problem: Hello Since out of the box, I noticed that my brand new v2 elite controller had an issue with the left thumbstick. I have searched the internet and I found numerous posts about the same issue,...
  3. Elite 2 Controller Left Stick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller Left Stick: My Elite 2 Controller left stick started playing up a while ago , the odd stick , it is now totaly unplayable . This is the second Elite controller I have purchased , it is under 12 months bought...
  4. Left stick drift on Elite Series Controller 2?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left stick drift on Elite Series Controller 2?: I'm through my second Elite Series Controller 2 that has this issue. Should I try to get another replacement? It's getting very frustrating. I'm literally not pressing anything, and as you can...
  5. Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues: I'm seeing this question and issue being raised more and more on the forums and instead of helping the MODS are just locking the threads. That's really a violation of the user agreement MODS....
  6. Xbox Elite 2 Controller, the one about the Right and Left Bumpers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 Controller, the one about the Right and Left Bumpers: So I after 4 months of using my new controller I was experiencing that the right bumper was not registering the commands, I tried so many things specially getting the warranty validate but I was...
  7. Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left stick issue on Elite Series 2 controller: I’m having a strange issue with the left stick where it takes 2-3 seconds (sometimes longer) to respond to being pushed fully forward. If you push it forward to move your character, they will move...
  8. xbox elite wireless controller series 2 left thumbstick problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox elite wireless controller series 2 left thumbstick problem.: I have a problem with the left thumstick click on my xbox elite wireless controller series 2. I cannot hear the click anymore and when I try to run ingame, my character will suddenly stop running....
  9. Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Elite Controller Series 2 Left Stick Issues: My Elite Controller has an issue with the left stick where moving up and down is slow and sometimes doesn’t even register, but when i remove the thumbstick it works perfectly fine any idea what...
  10. My Elite 2 Controller is getting WORSE than drift on the left joystick. Is there a way to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite 2 Controller is getting WORSE than drift on the left joystick. Is there a way to...: I have used this controller for 10-20 hours a month on weekends. It has not been dropped or abused in any way. When I open the joystick reconfigurer in the Xbox>Settings>Accessories menu, it...