Xbox one Elite controller profile switch

Discus and support Xbox one Elite controller profile switch in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys. I have just experienced this problem after owning my xbox for about 4 years. That is an issue with the profile selector being messed up.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElmarHancke, Jun 12, 2019.

1. ElmarHancke
    ElmarHancke Guest

Hi guys. I have just experienced this problem after owning my xbox for about 4 years. That is an issue with the profile selector being messed up. Switching the selector to profile 1 will actually load profile 2 and so on. This is not a new problem as far
    as i can tell from older threads. I seems however that i am not able to find a solution or that anyone has after hours of searching online. What i can confirm is that the problem is not the controller. I have just connected it to my pc via wireless adapter
    and it works correctly under xbox accesories and Windows 10. So the conclusion is that the problem is with Xbox accessories on the console side. Still baffled as to why since it was working was working perfectly yesterday. Can someone at Microsoft please help
    out, this is really frustrating. Also no updates since last it was functioning correctly so i am not sure what to think. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

:)

ElmarHancke, Jun 12, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

3. ElmarHancke Win User

Done all of the generic stuff none of it works. Console and controller up to date. Like I mentioned before it works correctly under windows 10 and xbox accessories for windows 10. Has to be an issue with app on console but there is no way to uninstall and
    reinstall it that I can find. Only option so far seems to be a complete reset which I am not eager to do at this stage. Maybe Microsoft can give some advice or a fix for this issue which a few people have had from what I can tell from some posts on quite a
    few websites. problem is that no one ever posted as to whether they were able to find a solution.
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

are you part of the insider program? Do you have another controller connected to the console? Have you tried unplugging console from wall for 5 mins retry again. Have you made sure console and controller is updated??
  5. ElmarHancke Win User

Hi. Thanx for responding. Ok i have tried and it does not solve the problem. When i move the profile selector to position 1 it selects position 2 in the app on the console and vice versa. I havs tested the controller on Windows 10 and it functions correctly
    with Xbox accessories under Windows. Also i hav now noticed while working through your solution that adjusting the controller brightness has no effect whatsoever on the controller. Once again this functions correctly on the pc. The conclusion is that there
    is a problem with the xbox accessories app on the console side. Is there anyway to remove the app from my console and reinstall it without having to reset my console? It is clear that the controller is not the problem as many people might think but the console
    app instead. Thanx.
  6. DreadGrrl Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Profile Switch

Have you tried uninstallng the app, performing a full reboot of the system, and then reinstalling the app?
Thema:

1. Xbox one Elite controller profile switch - Similar Threads - Elite controller profile

2. Xbox One Elite controller series 2 preorder in Canada

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox One Elite controller series 2 preorder in Canada: It's been a week and still no news of a way to preorder the controller like in the USA and Europe. I have searched everywhere a way to directly contact the Microsoft support by email to even ask...
  3. xbox one elite controller parts xbox one elite controller (1698) rear panel

in XboX Insiders
    xbox one elite controller parts xbox one elite controller (1698) rear panel: [IMG] submitted by /u/egamephonecom [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox elite controller series 2 built in battery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 built in battery: I agree with @Wolfie McG I would like to see some RL data on the battery life. cccc4e99-6c08-4bfa-bd8b-95ce77a00890
  5. Xbox Elite Controller hardware fault - Replacement process in Australia

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller hardware fault - Replacement process in Australia: Hi there, I purchased an Xbox Elite Controller from EB Games in Australia. Unfortunately, there is an issue with the menu button and it is eligible for a warranty replacement, however there is...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 pre-order for Canada

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 pre-order for Canada: Hi! I've been waiting for a long time for the new Elite controller, but it doesn't seem to be available for pre-order on the canadian website for now. When will it be?...
  7. Mapping from Elite Controller dropped by switching profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mapping from Elite Controller dropped by switching profile: I have two profiles on Xbox One console, and every account has other Controller mapping settings saved. As example: Main account Conroller preset 1 for GTA 5 Controller preset 2 for Fifa Guest...
  8. Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Button Layout Profiles Malfunctioning And Unuseable: So I was trying to set up 2 different custom button layout profiles on my xbox elite controller, and kept trying to remove the default one so I could have 2 custom profiles instead of 1 default...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Profile Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Controller Profile Switch: Hiya guys had to take my elite back cause of stick drift but was under warranty ,but i have had 2 elites in last 2 days cause of this problem starting to think its the app an not controller...
  10. Elite Controller Profiles BUG

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Profiles BUG: Ok so ever since this new Dashboard Update, my Xbox Elite controller configurations were a bit screwy. So I went into the accesories app, my profiles were still there but not "applied" to either...