Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues

Discus and support Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey all, So I wanted to get some guidance / spark up a conversation. I was so excited to take delivery of my brand new Xbox Elite Series 2... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SamRHills, Nov 12, 2019.

1. SamRHills
    SamRHills Guest

Hey all,

So I wanted to get some guidance / spark up a conversation.

I was so excited to take delivery of my brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller on Monday 4th November. It had been on pre-order for months, and all I had heard was good reviews about the build quality and robustness of the hardware. I took delivery, thought
    about it all day until I finished work, then got home ready for some serious gaming.

Problem was, when I started playing, I noticed that the controller's 'A' button was sticking. I was so disappointed. Something that had reportedly been redesigned from the inside out was suffering from something so basic, so unnecessary. It didn't ease,
    despite a couple of days of use - if anything it got worse - so I called Microsoft who said it would go through their exchange process and would take up to 3 working weeks for me to receive my new controller... When I said to the person on the phone that I
    was deeply disappointed given that I'd spend £159.99 on a controller and pre-ordered to get it on release day, they said I could expedite the exchange for £24.99.

So, first question - has anyone else received exceptionally poor customer service from Microsoft exchange/repairs team over the phone? Is there any way I can flag this to someone?
    Whilst I want to buy direct from Microsoft as the manufacturer, I'm reluctant to following my experience in this instance and in previous interactions to do so...

In my honest opinion this is just not acceptable. To spend such a significant amount of money on what is meant to be a hard-wearing gaming controller and then be told I'd have to wait that long for a replacement (whereas if I'd have bought the controller
    from a third party re-seller I'd be able to take it in and get a straight exchange immediately) is just crazy. The Microsoft rep said they could put me through to their Sales team who could help. When I spoke with the Sales team they tried their utmost but
    said all they could do was order me a new controller and arrange a return on the defective one.

So, I now have £320 out on my credit card whilst I wait for the return of the first controller to be processed. So I take delivery of the second controller and I'm pleased to say that the 'A' button is functioning fine. Unfortunately, however, I'm suffering
    right analogue stick drift...

Second question - has anyone else experienced any hardware issues with the new and improved, built to last Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller straight out of the box?

Both of these controllers have been from
    Lot No./Date 1942.
    A friend has a controller from Lot No. / Date 1937 and it has been fine.

This has seriously put me off going for a third controller. I'm now going to have to return the new controller and wait another week or two for the refund to be processed. At this point, I've lost all faith....

I'd be grateful for some feedback from other members of the community to see whether I have been particularly unfortunate or whether this is something others have experienced?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sam

:)

SamRHills, Nov 12, 2019
  2. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

3. LegoNinja187 Win User

Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality

I imagine they will be looking at improving the quality of their regular controllers some time soon, just as they did with improving the Elite controller series 2.
  4. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  5. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

Elite controller

Hi!

I don't think the elite control accessories are compatible with those in the series 2
  6. Whiteleaf2012 Win User

It's quite disappointing to hear about so many build-quality issues with the Elites. I haven't experienced any with mine - yet. But I'd be really ticked if I'd paid so much money for something that performed so poorly.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Xbox Elite series 2 controller wont connect to iphone

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller wont connect to iphone: So with the IOS 13 update apple made it so you can connect bluetooth controllers to your iphone. I have watched youtube videos of someone doing this with an xbox one bluetooth controller. I have...
  3. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 with Nvidia Shield

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 with Nvidia Shield: I am unable to use my Elite Controller Series 2 paddles with Nvidia Shield. I have found a discussion about this on the Nvidia Shield official forum and the support answer was this problem is...
  4. Elite Series 2 Controller - Configure app on PC - Can't Configure

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 Controller - Configure app on PC - Can't Configure: I've got the app running - Windows 10 is up to date, the firmware on the controller has been updated. The controller is connected via USB. There is no way to actually configure any of the...
  5. Elite controller series 2 trigger problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Elite controller series 2 trigger problems: Ive had my elite controller 2 for just shy of a week now and I'm already having problems. The controller has started rattling, there are no obvious signs as to how this happened as I have not...
  6. Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Controller Elite Series 2, trigger-stops: With the first gen elite controller if you "activated" the trigger-stop switch on a trigger, after let's say 50% of the path there was no more input. But with the second gen elite controller, it...
  7. Elite controller series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller series 2: Hi, last week I purchased an Elite Series 2 controller and one of the rear paddles is very temperamental. Sometimes it registers the button press, but most of the time it doesn’t. It also sounds...
  8. How do I register my Xbox elite controller series 1 for repair if I do not own an Xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I register my Xbox elite controller series 1 for repair if I do not own an Xbox?: The only way i know to register the device for repair is to register an xbox. Help please. 8fa32707-77e5-40e5-a625-2375a1a0a526
  9. Loose Thumbsticks on 4 Elite Series 2 controllers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Loose Thumbsticks on 4 Elite Series 2 controllers!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Anybody having problems getting those people at xbox?? ive had one shipped to them two weeks ago and still no answers as to why I hav'nt got it back after $$ for expedited shipping. I was foolish...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite series 2 controller: Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller work on the original Xbox one d94e5873-4f63-4ef7-981e-7c6c580f6730