Xbox one elite stick bouncing issue

Discus and support Xbox one elite stick bouncing issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When the left or right stick is being pushed up it comes back down and bounces to the down position for a second, so lets say if i aim up when i let go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tonyjoefords, Dec 3, 2019.

1. tonyjoefords
    tonyjoefords Guest

When the left or right stick is being pushed up it comes back down and bounces to the down position for a second, so lets say if i aim up when i let go

of the stick it goes back down, also same with walking if i walk a few feet when i let go it will walk back.

:)

tonyjoefords, Dec 3, 2019
  2. i R Mr PuPPy v2 Win User

I'm not sure what the question is, but judging by the description you've provided it sounds like the springs are worn down from use. I would recommend getting the controller repaired if it's under warranty by contacting
    Xbox Support directly for assistance, if it isnt you might just have to buy a new one if it's a big issue for you (we aren't allowed to
    recommend third party repair shops) but you can always try asking GameStop or any "official/certified repair" places that use official parts to fix things.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

I have the same problem with my white Elite controller too, I've had to adjust the way I play games a little by not removing my thumb from the stick as much, so I've had to stop using a flick motion when using menus etc.

I only noticed the issue after the controller warranty ended, so I didn't really have a choice. If your controller is still under warranty then you may be able to get it replaced/repaired.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/controllers/controller-warranty
  4. a tired old guy Win User

Tomahawks shouldn't bounce!

Ever try a real tomahawk......... they bounce more than they stick.

Not saying you could make a 3 bank stick in the hand for an instakill .......

But yes ... they bounce.
  5. linger888 Win User

New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !

I totally can feel the OP's pain.

I've gone through 3 Xbox One controllers (one being an Elite) with stick drift issues.

The stick drift happened outside of the warranty period - so I was basically SOL.

Good luck to those who bought these at launch and "haven't had any issues with it". It's just a matter of time before you guys experience stick drift.
  6. SLittle629 Win User

4 Controllers all the the exact same drifting issue within 1.5 years.

i feel you on this issue. just under a year and i have 3 controllers with left analog stick issues. two of them have the drift issue and the most recent one is the elite controller that has a lot of play in it. with the tall ones on, the left stick has
    about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of play before it actually starts to move. before i switched to xbox one i had a ps3 for 3+ years using the same controller and never one time had an issue with it. as of right now the elite one is being sent back to be "replaced"
    with a new one.
Thema:

1. Xbox one elite stick bouncing issue - Similar Threads - elite stick bouncing

2. Elite Controller Series 2 comes with built-in Stick Drift (worse than Series 1)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller Series 2 comes with built-in Stick Drift (worse than Series 1): I bought a brand new Elite Series 2 controller. I tested min. possible deadzone of the sticks before any drift appears in Battlefield V & test software on PC. The controller comes with drift...
  3. New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Elite Series 2 Controller Stick Drift like the Series 1 ! WHY !? Unbelievable !: Dear Microsoft. I can't believe what is happening. Analogue Stick Drift AGAIN ! After 3 faulty Series 1 Elite Controllers I said to myself that I will never buy something like this from you...
  4. Elite v2 "A" button sticking right out of the box!!!???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite v2 "A" button sticking right out of the box!!!???: So I just recieved my Elite v2 only to find that the "A" button sticking right out of the box!!!??? Navigating the Microsoft network for how to resolve is pure hell. Is it a repair? I would prefer...
  5. Stick drift and thumbstick rubber wearing off on xbox elite controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stick drift and thumbstick rubber wearing off on xbox elite controller: I would like a repair/replacement for my xbox one elite controller because the left stick is drifting. I can't contact microsoft support because the AI is really messed up, so I ask for help...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Stiff Analog Sticks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Controller Stiff Analog Sticks: Okay so I received my Xbox Elite Controller in the mail about a week ago and since receiving it I have had an awful time adjusting. I've noticed, at least in my case, that the thumbsticks on the...
  7. elite controller has stick drift,

in XBoX on Consoles
    elite controller has stick drift,: ok, so i already had to replace the triggers myself, so therefore i do not have the serial number. is there anyway to get a replacement for my elite controller since they ALL eventually **** up...
  8. Elite Controller (Gears of War Edition) Peeling and Stick Drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Controller (Gears of War Edition) Peeling and Stick Drift: So, on a multiple gaming sites, many owners of these limited edition controllers have had good experiences with Microsoft repairing them even after warranty. I'm hoping for the same! My red GoW...
  9. Xbox elite controller- Stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller- Stick drift: Hello, My elite controller has the known stick drift issue and I've only purchased it new within the last year but is showing out of warranty. Please issue a replacement or refurbished...
  10. Xbox One Elite Controller Left Stick Drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite Controller Left Stick Drift: My controller's left stick drifts horribly any time I try to stand still in games. Any ideas on how to fix this? bfba1023-5395-4897-8c07-0e1abbe4fedc