Xbox One Email Addresses

Discus and support Xbox One Email Addresses in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey Guys, So here’s my current situation. I have two Outlook email addresses, my old email is connected to my Gamertag that I actively use for Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Swiggypie, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Swiggypie
    Swiggypie Guest

Xbox One Email Addresses

Hey Guys,

So here’s my current situation. I have two Outlook email addresses, my old email is connected to my Gamertag that I actively use for Xbox Live and the new email I use for all my personal and professional emailing. I want to add the new as my primary alias
    for my Gamertag (Gamertag is connected to the old email). But of course it won’t allow me to add the new email address as it already exists.

Now, the new email isn’t used for Xbox Live at all, never has been, but I’m assuming when you create an Outlook account it automatically sets up a Gamertag for it. I know I can set the new email as a primary alias by deleting the Microsoft account all together,
    but that’s not exactly an option as it’s used for work, personal emailing etc.

Is there anyway around this without having to delete my new email entirely? I would ideally like to just remove the Gamertag associated with the new email but I’m assuming that isn’t an option.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

***When I say ‘new email’ the address was created years ago, it’s just newer than the email address connected to my active Gamertag***

:)

Swiggypie, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Fluke939 Win User

Xbox One Email Addresses

https://account.microsoft.com/profile/

I had a look on there. there is an option you can click that says "Manage how you sign into Microsoft" from there it looks like you can add other email addresses and set one as primary
  3. AridLizard Win User

Can't access a purchased game

if you purchased it on your son's account the confirmation email would be sent to the email address for his account.

the email address will be the one he uses to log in on his Xbox
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Deleting a Microsoft account

If you delete the account, you loose everything associated with it. Including the email address.

You can't transfer one Microsoft Email address from one Microsoft Account to another. You can switch out email address if the email addresses are not Microsoft ones.
  5. strigoi1958 Win User

Why has my account name changed ?

well I remembered my password but it is still linked to my old email address... but the new email address is linked to the BeastlierBeef5 account ? My new email account was put in via my xbox so maybe that's where the problem lies. I now seem to have
    2 accounts. This one with the wrong email address... and the one above with my current email address but no links to my games or achievements....
  6. {Parity} Win User

Sign In Email Query

The emails you are getting are addressed to the old email address? If people are still using that email address that is where the emails will go regardless to which one is primary.
Thema:

Xbox One Email Addresses

1. Xbox One Email Addresses - Similar Threads - Email Addresses

2. Hacked fake email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacked fake email address: Hi I reset my password recently and then when I came to change it came up with a verification page one of the emails on the verification page which was not mine I want to know how to remove that...
  3. Old un-linked email address is where my new codes will be associated to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old un-linked email address is where my new codes will be associated to.: Hi there, I have an issue on my hands with my microsoft account and my need further technical support. Basically my old email address keeps re-appearing in the redeem a code section on...
  4. Adding a new email address to my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adding a new email address to my account: Hi everyone. I need to change my email address for my xbox to a new one but not sure if I do will I loose everything. Will all my games and apps be still on the xbox or can I transfer them to my...
  5. Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer my Xbox Live account to another email address.: Hi, my brother and I have always played on the same Xbox Live account, the email address is mine. Recently I stopped playing and my brother decided to move from the house and he want to switch our...
  6. Forgot main account email address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forgot main account email address: Is there a way I can petition Microsoft to get my account back? I don't remember the specific email address for it however I now the email address I have as secondary for it. I thought the point...
  7. Primary Email address change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Primary Email address change: Hey so basically i have a main email address i use for all my emails etc on a daily basis and that same email address is linked to a completly unused xbox account where as my actual xbox account i...
  8. HELP! MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND THE PERSON DELETED MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THEIR EMAIL...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND THE PERSON DELETED MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THEIR EMAIL...: HELP! MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED AND THE PERSON DELETED MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND PUT THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS AND NOW THEY ARE USING MY GAMER TAG. I HAVE TRIED TO CALL XBOX CANT GET THROUGH, I TRIED TO CHAT...
  9. One last attempt why cant i change email address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    One last attempt why cant i change email address?: I have 2 Xbox Live Gamertags Gamertag1 has a 5 month old email associated with it. Gamertag2 has a 5 month old email associated with it. I want to switch the email address in Gamertag2 on to...
  10. Why cant i still not change my email address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant i still not change my email address?: I waited 60 days already i still can't change it it keeps telling me sorry can't change Microsoft account please visit account swap 5f3c1a28-fbd2-44ce-8adb-c99c6ce2ccc1