Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem

Discus and support Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been trying to resolve the issue myself, but when I try to play anything on Xbox Live, I continually get error 0x80040900 along with a message of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lesgasps, Oct 26, 2018.

1. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest

I've been trying to resolve the issue myself, but when I try to play anything on Xbox Live, I continually get error 0x80040900 along with a message of "wait a full minute, then try again. If you keep seeing this, turn off your Xbox by pressing and holding
    the power button for 10 seconds. Then turn it back on and try your action again."

So I've tried this multiple times, checked both my network and Xbox Live connection, and have done a power cycle. I've gotten this message for almost a week and nothing seems to be resolving it.

Anything else that I can do?

:)

lesgasps, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Error

my screen is black and I get a Error message 0x80040900. The error code is not in the support page. What do I do? I also, have restarted the Xbox one tree times, unless plugged it once. And nothing has changed.

ZombieKnight83, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Xbox One X error code

So it only happens when i turn on my Xbox One X an error message pops up 0x80040900 when i search the code it says nothing is there. I have to manually restart my console when this happens, or it will continue to pop up with this message.

H3ADHUN73R 666, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem

Hi there lesgasps,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the error message 0x80040900. If the power cycle was done and the problem persists, you may have to troubleshoot the operating system on the Xbox One.

I suggest to try doing a
    soft factory reset of the console,
    Reset and keep games and apps to help reset the operating system. Please note before doing this troubleshooting step, make sure to know your email and passwords for your Xbox profiles.

Try this out first and let us know the results.

XBF Crystal P, Oct 26, 2018
  5. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest
    Oh, I actually did a factory reset two nights ago and reinstalled some of my games (forgot to add that into the original message). The problem still persists.

lesgasps, Oct 26, 2018
  6. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey lesgasps,

I'm sorry to hear the problem is still persisting. I looked up the error code on the online database found on the support website and it seems to be related to signing in.

If you've tried a power cycle and a factory reset already then I suggest to restart your network hardware as well. Simply unplug your modem and router for 5 minutes and then hard reset your Xbox again. If you have another account, I recommend to try that
    one out and see if it is giving you any problems.

Let us know if the problem is still persisting.

XBF Diego M, Oct 26, 2018
  7. When you did a factory reset, did you do the following:

-Hard reset or remove xbox from power source for at least 30 seconds.

-Push and hold the bind and eject buttons on your xbox.

- While holding those buttons press the power button. (Xbox will chime)

- Continue to hold the bind and eject buttons until you hear a 2nd chime.

- You will be at trouble shoot start up.

- Choose bottom left option, which is reset xbox.

- Choose either (I chose this one) "keep games and apps" or "keep nothing".

-Follow the steps the xbox does through and you are done.

Brother Chaotic, Oct 26, 2018
  8. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest

Hello Diego,

I tried to do this as well and after re-installing Star Wars: Battlefront II to try again, I am continuing to see the same error.

I also tried logging into another Microsoft account that I have but have never used for my Xbox and I find that I am unable to log in. Instead, after I type in my password, I am shown a strange white bar that takes up half the screen in the center. If I
    go back to the home tab, I can navigate through everything, but my other account will not be added on.

The day that the problem began, I bought a new laptop and had to use the account that I use solely for my Xbox to retrieve a password reset on my other account. Could this be related to the issue?

lesgasps, Oct 26, 2018
  9. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest
    Yes, I've done all these steps and I've tried multiple kinds of resets now. The problem continues to persist.

lesgasps, Oct 26, 2018
  10. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest
    A thought has occurred to me: while I do have two Microsoft accounts, I only use one for my Xbox. I bought a new laptop last week and had to use the account that I solely use for Xbox Live to retrieve a password reset link to my other account. Right after
    that, on the same day, I tried to play games online and this issue started.

I've also tried to add my other account to test it on, but after I enter in my password, I am given a strange white bar that shows only a cursor with a black circle. When I try to go back to the home page, I find that my other account has not been added.

lesgasps, Oct 26, 2018
  11. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest
    Hey lesgasps,

Thank you for your response.

I don't believe using your main Xbox account to recover your other account has anything to do with the issue. The fact the issue happened right after that might just be a coincidence. Anytime you need to recover an account, it requires you to use an alternate
    email to send verification codes and then the password reset link if you passed the verification process. It doesn't link the accounts.

Do you by any chance have the email on your main Xbox account as a secondary alias for your second account?

Have you tried removing your main Xbox account and re-adding it to your Xbox?

The glitch you experience when trying to add your second account is not normal, and if hard resetting, power cycling, factory resetting, restarting your network hasn't solved the problem, then we may need to consider some hardware issues that may need repairing.
    Maybe you can power cycle your Xbox and move it so that it's plugging into a different power outlet if that has anything to do with this issue.

XBF Diego M, Oct 27, 2018
  12. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest
    Hi again, Diego,

My other account is not a secondary alias that I know of. I specifically do not use that account for my gaming.

I was able to login again after trying another reset, however, I had to wait for a while to do this because at first, the sign in screen would just show a loading icon and never actually moved past that. I've now done three factory resets, four soft resets,
    and multiple power cycles. The problem still persists, but the system works fine for everything else. I was able to play a single-player game, download an app, and play a DVD. Xbox Live connection tests still say that there are no problems, nor have there
    been problems with my internet connection.

lesgasps, Oct 27, 2018
  13. Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem

Hi Lesgasps,

Thanks for reaching out and keeping us updated! I went over this whole thread and came to the conclusion that it may be an issue with the account. However, we do not want to rule out an issue with the console. I looked up the error code you provided which
    led me to
    Error 0x80040900 occurs when signing in on your Xbox One.

Now, I did see that the steps in the link were already provided and that it did not help. So, I would recommend going to our website at account.microsoft.com and change the password again for the account that is connected to the gamertag.

On the Xbox Console,
    remove the profiles
    or
    perform a full factory reset
    if it does not allow changes like adding or removing accounts. Once the password is changed, add the account back onto the console.

I hope this helps!

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 28, 2018
  14. lesgasps
    lesgasps Guest
    Thanks for the idea. Bad news: this didn't fix the problem.

I did as you said and reset my password and removed my account from the Xbox. Then I went in and tried again (the sign-in screen is loading fine at the moment) and went back to try to connect to Xbox Live through a game. Same error message.

lesgasps, Oct 29, 2018
  15. Hi Lesgasps,

Thanks again for the updated! We understand this is concerning and want to help as best as possible. The console still shows the error 0x80040900? It seems that the outage had been corrected yesterday night according to a majority of users. Please let us
    know if you are still experiencing issues. Try to power cycle the console then login again. The system should accept the login and allow access to
    Xbox Live.

Thank you and hope to hear back soon Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem :)

XBF Jasmine Z, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox One Error 0x80040900 - Nothing fixes problem - Similar Threads - Error 0x80040900 Nothing

2. Xbox Error 0x80040900 on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (New Version)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Error 0x80040900 on Star Wars Battlefront 2 (New Version): Hello, I am having some difficulty when trying to play multiplayer in the new version of SW BF 2. Everytime I select a multiplayer mode (Ex: Galactic Assault), my screen turns darker and after...
  3. Error code 0x80040900

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80040900: My xbox was working fine yesterday untill i went on it later that night. I started up my game and i was connected to online, but i got a error code (0x80040900). I done everything it said 5 times...
  4. Battlefront II Error 0x80040900

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefront II Error 0x80040900: Hey, can someone help us fix this problem, i have reset the console, reset the data, everything and i cant play online. Help Please 31860b7e-c77d-4f50-99f2-c543df97c40a
  5. I get error code 0x80040900 when trying to play Battlefront 2 online

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get error code 0x80040900 when trying to play Battlefront 2 online: I get the message to wait a minute before trying again, I have restarted my console, I haven't had this issue with any other game, as I have been able to play Fallout 76 many times. I would really...
  6. Battlefront II Error 0x80040900

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Battlefront II Error 0x80040900: Split from this thread. Hi xbox. I got an xbox one for chrismas and downloaded star wars battle front 2. The problem is i cant llay an multiplayer and it gives me the error 0x80040900. Ive...
  7. Xbox One Error 0x80040900

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Error 0x80040900: Split from this thread. Hey lesgasps, I am having the exact same problem with the same game (battlefront 2) and have taken all of the same steps. It just happened suddenly and has been the...
  8. Error code 0x80040900

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80040900: I don't know why I keep getting this code 0x80040900 Prior to you guys updating the explorer edge app I never received this code. Now every time I open edge and go anywhere or if there is a pop...
  9. Xbox One Star Wars Battlefront 2 error 0x80040900

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Star Wars Battlefront 2 error 0x80040900: Hello Yesterday evening (31.10.2018), when the xbox live server had a problem. I could not play the Star Wars Battlefront 2 with multiplayer mode. After when I got a message, tha probleme...
  10. Error code 0x80040900

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80040900: I don't know why I keep getting this code 0x80040900 Prior to you guys updating the explorer edge app I never received this code. Now every time I open edge and go anywhere or if there is a pop...