Xbox one external storage problem

Discus and support Xbox one external storage problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Firstable, sorry if this isnt the right category I have an annoying problem with my external storage drive, its an ADATA 3TB hard drive It was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HectorCervantes1, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Xbox one external storage problem

Firstable, sorry if this isnt the right category

I have an annoying problem with my external storage drive, its an ADATA 3TB hard drive

It was working fine for the past 2 and a half years but recently started to have flashing red lights everytime its connected to xbox one and kinda recognize it, but cant access any game and cant download anything to there, when i connect another external
    storage it works in the xbox just fine and even can download there

The tricky part is that i already format the storage drive in the pc and yes it recognizes it, it worked fine for about 1 or 2 days and it happened again

I dont want to install more than 1 TB of games for nothing is there a solution for this? Or is a problem with the hard drive or the xbox? Please Xbox one external storage problem :(

:)

HectorCervantes1, Apr 10, 2020
  2. blackiechan09 Win User

Serious External Hard Drive Issues for Xbox One

3. Mister Maka Win User

copying xbox one data on external drive to xbox one S external drive

Hey there gmhowe.

You'll need to move your games over onto an external storage device one by one. Check out the steps on

this page
    for info on how to set up external storage. Once it's all moved you should be able to access it on your Xbox One S no problem.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Replacement Xbox not Playing Disc Games

I agree with support in this one as it seems your external storage is causing issues with data being passed through the xbox system. That delay might be caused by different problems so I suggest you to try the same operation with a different external storage.
  5. LegoNinja187 Win User

Have you tried other USB ports on the Xbox, checked the cable and connections, it could be a situation where the cable to the external storage just has to be sitting just right.
  6. DANELc4TyR Win User

Hey what's up? I had the same problem about a year ago and I had to replace my hard drive. I would suggest you buy another and back up to it. I tell my children when things are getting ready to go they give you a heads up we just choose to ignore it. after
    I got a new one and backed it up I was able use mine for about 2 more months and then one day it was dead. I got a 3 TB from best buy I think I paid $85 on sale at BestBuy. Might have been a 2 TB. but you get it. just my thoughts better to be prepared because
    its gonna go out at midnight and your gonna be dead the rest of the night.

I hope this helps
Thema:

1. Xbox one external storage problem - Similar Threads - external storage problem

2. After I had to reset my Xbox for a different problem, my external storage won't read all of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After I had to reset my Xbox for a different problem, my external storage won't read all of...: Ive already tried all the solutions on the website but it still won't work and it says chats andc arent available for this. 1st gen xbox one, toshiba 1Tb external hard drive usb 3.0. What do i do?...
  3. External storage problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External storage problem: My question is, what should I do if the games on the external storage drive do not work? The CDs were completely wiped off what was on the external storage drive, the rest won't boot and says "...
  4. Problem with external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with external storage: I’ve been having problems with external storage lately. When I am playing, the console will stop using my external drive suddenly and start working again once the console is turned off for half...
  5. External Storage Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Problem: Recently noticed that my 4TB external drive is no longer being recognized upon startup on the XBOX One S. I've done a hard reset, adjusted power settings, and the ONLY way for my games to move...
  6. external storage problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    external storage problem: I recently got a 1tb ssd it didn't get recognized by the xbox right away i had to format it on the pc first. now the issue i am having is after i play a game and turn off the xbox and go to play...
  7. Problems with Xbox One X recognizing media files on external storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with Xbox One X recognizing media files on external storage: Hi, My Xbox One X is recognizing my external media storage but not all of the files on the drive. For the limited number of files that appear, multiple files produce an error messor when I try to...
  8. External storage problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage problems?: If you have external storage stop HARD resetting/powering down your system with the external storage attached. This is the main culprit in your drive dropping off and never coming back. I'm not...
  9. External Storage Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Storage Problem: Hi, Since this morning, I have a big problem on my Xbox. When nothing plug on it, everything's fine but when I plugged my External Hard Drive, the console reboot, freeze on the Xbox green screen...
  10. EXTERNAL STORAGE PROBLEMS SINCE LAST UPDATE (nov/2016)

in XBoX on Consoles
    EXTERNAL STORAGE PROBLEMS SINCE LAST UPDATE (nov/2016): Since last update, my Xbox One isn't recognizing my external storage. It's a 2TB Seagate and I'm sure the problem isn't with it or the usb ports :/ Sorry for my bad english, if anyone could give...