Xbox One fails to launch the Store App

Discus and support Xbox One fails to launch the Store App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an original (day one 500gb) Xbox One which has been working great for many years. On August 31 2019 the STORE app performed an update on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ScrotimusMax, Sep 5, 2019.

1. ScrotimusMax
    ScrotimusMax Guest

Hi,

I have an original (day one 500gb) Xbox One which has been working great for many years. On August 31 2019 the STORE app performed an update on my console and since then I cannot get the STORE to load.

From the home screen I can tab across to the store page using the RB on the controller and look at the page, but when I select something like a game or app or movie etc, the little store icon appears, and then I get returned to the home screen. I cannot
    purchase memberships or use a code etc. Games and other apps do currently load and work fine.

To assist with the process, here's what I have tried.

Fully power cycled the console numerous times by holding the power button in for 10 seconds.

Tried to use a different account on the console to access the store.

Connected to different internet connection.

In games and apps recently updated, I can see the STORE app, and this in the file information.

Microsoft.WindowsStore_11909.1001.7.70_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe

I cannot uninstall this APP anywhere, nor can I roll back to a previous version. My console is currently UP TO DATE with no pending updates.

Any ideas besides a factory reset? (which I currently refuse to do)

Thanks

Anthony.

:)

ScrotimusMax, Sep 5, 2019
  2. ThorX360 Win User

Hi,

I'm sorry but I think that only a factory reset can fix this issue.

Do you know that you can choose to keep your games & apps?
  3. ScrotimusMax Win User

Hi ThorX360,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I am aware of that option to choose to keep the games and apps. All my games are stored on an external drive, whilst the apps are on the internal, so that doesn't concern me too much. My issue with doing a factory reset is having to setup the user accounts
    and family association again, the controller pairing to user accounts, all those little things lol.

I was hoping Microsoft was aware of it and are working on a patch.

I might give it some more time and see what happens. I'll be sure to post back if I decide to factory reset it, or it starts to work again.

Thanks.

Anthony.
  4. ScrotimusMax Win User

Hi ArminatorX,

You have a point about the corruption on the drive.

I'll stop being so lazy and factory restore it over the weekend. I'll update this thread with the outcome.

Cheers.

Anthony.
  5. TaughtBarrel Win User

Hi, maybe wait until the next update for the xbox(if you can).
  6. ArminatorX Win User

... My issue with doing a factory reset is having to setup the user accounts and family association again, the controller pairing to user accounts, all those little things lol. ....
    If it helps: The Family association is not console dependent, as it is managed online on https://account.microsoft.com/family

So you simply add the accounts to the console that you have reset with their email and password, and the family association and all parental settings you did will be there automatically.

If necessary, set your console as the "Home Console" for each account, and do the controller mapping.

It should be quicker than having to wait for Microsoft to fix something.

Additionally, it could also be a corruption on your system drive, and since that wouldn't be Microsoft's fault, you might be waiting for a fix that never comes, as it's a local corruption on your drive, not the download.
Thema:

1. Xbox One fails to launch the Store App - Similar Threads - fails launch Store

2. Two X1X ALpha Ring issues - Often a dark screen at launch & Games failing to launch/timing...

in XboX Insiders
    Two X1X ALpha Ring issues - Often a dark screen at launch & Games failing to launch/timing...: I'm in the Preview Alpha Ring and have been having two issues recently, although one of them has been going on longer and just keeps becoming more frequent. The most recent issue is when I start...
  3. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC Failed to launch FM2019

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on PC Failed to launch FM2019: i using the Xbox(beta) on PC to launch FM2019 with xbox game pass ultimate. it pop up error message: Football Manager 2019 is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in...
  4. failing to launch fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    failing to launch fortnite: i have a error code "0X0000000000000100" my xbox one s is failing to launch fortnite please help!!!! 3e2e3497-a948-4ac2-ae30-e2dc8a4bdf5e
  5. Failed to launch Forza Horizon 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Failed to launch Forza Horizon 2: Failed to launch Forza Horizon 2. At the moment of starting the Forza Horizon 2 game, at 15 seconds an error is placed saying "an error occurred with the system update" but I do not know why it...
  6. Tera Fails To Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tera Fails To Launch: Hi I attempt to launch Tera, and it pops up and error "Something went wrong" after a minute or so waiting on the load screen. I have tried changing my region to USA and still no luck. Any...
  7. Launch fail

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Launch fail: Hello I have a small problem my fortnite games do not want to launch for 1 week 85324686-096d-4506-86fe-1d6af313f6e9
  8. Halo 6 fails to launch in 2018...!? Halo 5 and pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 6 fails to launch in 2018...!? Halo 5 and pc: with all known halo sequels known to launch between 2-3 years from one another 343i has put out info regarding the second annual delay for halo 6 yet again for 2018 Halo 5 had launched October...
  9. BLU-RAY PLAYER FAILING TO LAUNCH

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BLU-RAY PLAYER FAILING TO LAUNCH: Hi, I am unable to play any Blu Ray or normal DVDs on my Xbox One S console. The Blu-Ray Player fails to launch, the message states it has taken too long to launch. I have uninstalled the app and...
  10. Forza Horizon 3 fails to Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 fails to Launch: My Forza Horizon 3 does not Launch just shows the splash art then closes no error i have checked the event Log and this is the error: Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe,...