Xbox One Fan Issue

Discus and support Xbox One Fan Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I came home from work and the Xbox One was off. Problem is, the fan was going full blast. So loud I could hear it over my podcast with loud headphones.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ThomasWebster1, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Xbox One Fan Issue

I came home from work and the Xbox One was off. Problem is, the fan was going full blast. So loud I could hear it over my podcast with loud headphones.

I was tired so I did a hard power down (holding the power button until it went off). It stopped for a second, then continued, but stopped while it was off.

I woke up and went to go play something for my son in the morning. As soon as I turned the console on, the fan started blasting again.

It's high up and in a well ventilated area on it's side. You can feel the air being taken in one side and blasted out the other.

It's so loud my wife and I have to talk louder to hear each other in the living room.

It's 4 years old this Christmas and has never had an issue before. Thought it might have been an update but looking around and not seeing any updates happening.

No performance issues. Played a game, opened an app, and surfed the internet. Nothing was slow or glitch. Just a REALLY loud fan.

What (if anything) can I do to fix It?

:)

ThomasWebster1, Oct 2, 2019
  2. NEprince330 Win User

Xbox one issues and fan issues

So *** should be legal if the convicted felon said he was making sure the chick had low self esteem so shed have lower standards in the future to make other men happy? You can beat around the bush all you want if they make games that people would love to
    play with it they will sell why are you justifying someone forcing you to do something idc what there intentions are good or bad
  3. NEprince330 Win User

Halo anniversary used it to scan things I was going to check it out for that they have other ways to get people to check out kinect then making it mandatory and you're right they aren't making us buy it but I think we'd all like to stick with Xbox if they
    would get there act together and not just us but our friends who's going to buy a game system that your friends don't have
  4. DisturbedClown Win User

I believe the reason they're 'forcing' you to buy a Kinect with the console is because then it becomes the standard. If everyone has one, more developers with developer for it. That's why there aren't a lot of games for kinect, or AAA titles that use it,
    nobody has it. If everyone had one, it would be a different story. Using the kinect is a solid idea, it has amazing technology that we should be using. It could be great. Also, I find the idea of Kinect always on not scary at all. Microsoft is pretty secure,
    and I don't think people want to watch you play naked Kinectimals.

If you're so angry, buy a PS4. It's not a different console, it's just a few differences in different wrapping.
  5. DisturbedClown Win User

"So *** should be legal if the convicted felon said he was making sure the chick had low self esteem so shed have lower standards in the future to make other men happy? " - I honestly have no idea what this means.

I'm not beating around the bush, I own a Kinect and enjoy it. I just wish they had more support to make it a common in-game thing. And the technology is better this time.

And Microsoft isn't forcing me to do anything. Not a single thing. If I don't want to buy their console, I won't. It's as simple as that.
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Xbox One Fan Issue

As others have suggested, make sure the intake/outtake air vents are clean of any dust and/or debris.

If the vents are clean, and air circulation isn't an issue as you say...are you able to try another PSU with your console? I've seen this be the cause of excessive fan speed/noise when the PSU becomes faulty. If you have a spare PSU or perhaps can borrow
    a friends, give this a try.

While your vents may be clean and air can be circulating fine, there could be a dust buildup on internal parts, such as the heatsink. I would recommend having your console serviced by a professional, to be cleaned of any internal dust buildup.
Thema:

Xbox One Fan Issue

1. Xbox One Fan Issue - Similar Threads - Fan Issue

2. Xbox One doing huge fan noise for couple of seconds after starting game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One doing huge fan noise for couple of seconds after starting game: Hi, I got a concern when starting Metal Gearr Solid HD my xbox's started to sound very loud for a couple of seconds after that was fine. is this something that should concern about or it is...
  3. XBOX One X (Scorpio) Weird Fan Issue Since Last Update

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX One X (Scorpio) Weird Fan Issue Since Last Update: Ok so I obviously have a weird screw face question here ... Since the last alpha ring update I've got a weird issue with my XB1X, when I put it into standby mode at night to go to sleep,...
  4. Xbox One X Fan Sound Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Fan Sound Issue?: [MEDIA] [MEDIA] Pleas see the linked 2 videos. The numbered one video is with a game disc inside running and the numbered 2 is in idle in the dashboard. This is my second Xbox One X, and I...
  5. Original Xbox 360 Fan Issues and 2 Ring RROD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 Fan Issues and 2 Ring RROD: Hello, I have an old Xbox 360 from 2008 that had been going until 2014, when I got constant overheating red rings. When I opened the Xbox, the fan was dusty, and the Xbox had gotten so hot it...
  6. Xbox360 E Fan issue??? Not working in games, but working in dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 E Fan issue??? Not working in games, but working in dashboard: Hellow, I need some help with my xbox360 E console. It is almost 2 years old. It runs 10-15hours per month. I play only when I have time. But when I play, I play for 2-3 hours. Yesterday I got...
  7. Xbox one power brick making noise fan issue.- flip it over

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power brick making noise fan issue.- flip it over: I saw a few posts on the Xbox fan noise and saw one person [Mod Removed - Please don't post self-repair tips]. I did not feel comfortable like he did in taking the brick apart to vend the fan...
  8. Has the Xbox One "Fan" issue calmed down?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has the Xbox One "Fan" issue calmed down?: I had around eight Xbox One's overall. I purchased them all around September - December and they all have annoying fan issues. I could easily hear the fan from 2-3 feet away and again, I had to...
  9. My Xbox One isn't Silent - Noise issues, not just fan. Please help. :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One isn't Silent - Noise issues, not just fan. Please help. :(: Okay, this is going to be a long post. I've had my Xbox One since mid September, I bought it kinectless. I had the common issue a lot of people had called the 'coil whine', it was very loud but I...
  10. xbox 360 E ventilation and fan issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 E ventilation and fan issue: hello guys i recently bought a xbox 360 E i have had for 4 months and yesterday i turned it on after 5 mins it said "xbox 360 shutting down to prevent insufficent ventilation" i checked the...