Xbox One, Flashing Orange PSU (No sound)

Discus and support Xbox One, Flashing Orange PSU (No sound) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Had a look all over the forums and Google but couldn't find any solid solutions/answers to this issue. So I have a background in engineering and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vortex CT, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Vortex CT
    Vortex CT Guest

Had a look all over the forums and Google but couldn't find any solid solutions/answers to this issue.

So I have a background in engineering and repairs, and thus a good friend of mine has come to me with his Xbox one Original, bought it off some guy way back when second hand, warranty seal broken ect ect way out of warranty back then and 100%.

Now it's worked for him since about 2014 to this day with zero issues, but now it won't do anything, you can sit there and slap the power button as much as you want but nothing.

Only indication of some sort of life is the PSU just flashing orange, I would assume this is some sort of error code but again I can't find anything on it bar from some hastily made YouTube videos of people just going out and buying five new PSUs with no
    effect.

If anyone has had this issue or knows what it entails please get back to me, he you user or Microsoft employee.

Thanks guys!

:)

Vortex CT, Jan 5, 2018
  2. Xbox slim won't turn on

My xbox slim wont work and the PSU started flashing orange i tried to unplug it and re plug it in but no luck any help?

standbyaphid697, Jan 5, 2018
  3. dondyb23
    dondyb23 Guest
    Orange led on when PSU connected to console without any electricity power

Hi,

I received my Xbox one today. Plugged PSU the electricity, orange led turn on, plug PSU to console.. nothing happen. Then I took out the electricity from PSU, the orange light still turn on. Take out the PSU plug from console, orange led was gone. Plugged
    back again to electricity, nothing happen. Change several power outlet didn't help either. However, If I put the PSU back to console again the orange led come back to life again.

Any ideas ? Should I replace my PSU ?

Regards,

Dondy

dondyb23, Jan 5, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hello

Can you please try using the troubleshooting guide below for your issue. If after you remove the power cable from the wall outlet for a couple of minutes if the problem still occurs it looks like you will probably need to replace the power or send it for
    repair.

Xbox One Power Supply Solution | Reset Xbox One Power Supply

gds1972, Jan 5, 2018
  5. gds1972 Win User

6. standbyaphid697 Win User

Xbox slim won't turn on

My xbox slim wont work and the PSU started flashing orange i tried to unplug it and re plug it in but no luck any help?
  7. bigbenx88 Win User

Xbox One Power Problem

Actually there is an even easier way to test your PSU (Power Supply Unit). Give this a shot:

Try unplugging your PSU from both the outlet it's plugged into and the Xbox. Then take it and plug it into a wall outlet directly, no power strips or surge protectors, and confirm the Orange/Amber colored light comes on. Once you have that, then plug it
    into the system and watch that light on the PSU. One of four things is going to happen:

1) The light will change to White for 5-10 seconds and then go back to Orange/Amber. This is the ideal outcome. The white light for that interval means it's charged the capacitors in the system and it should come on by pressing the power sensor on the
    front of the console.

2) The light will flash between White and Orange/Amber several times. This indicates a short in the PSU and it needs to be replaced.

3) The light will do nothing and just stay Orange/Amber. This indicates that the PSU is unable to pass power to the system or even recognize it at all. This usually means that the console isn't accepting power and the console needs to be replaced.

4) The light will go out completely when you plug it in. This means a complete hardware failure in the PSU. It needs to be replaced.

Use these steps to either fix the issue or at the very least narrow down the issue to the actual culprit.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  8. Jaymo1978 Win User

Xbox One power supply blinks white then orange 3 times, but console won't power on.

Hi J! The steps for troubleshooting your power supply can be found at the following link:

support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

but to make a long story short, a flashing orange power light usually indicates a power supply problem - however, since you tried your power supply on your friend's system and it worked, but his gave the same error on your system, this sounds very strange
    to me. The only other thing listed in that support article is to try using a DIFFERENT wall outlet, since sometimes wall outlets do malfunction.

I'm assuming since you tried your supply on your friend's console, that your PSU was unplugged from the wall AND your system for longer than 10 seconds? This process resets the surge protector inside the Xbox PSU.

Beyond that, unfortunately I think the only step will be to contact support and explain this to them - they may be familiar with the "white-orange-white-orange" blink pattern, which may well indicate a problem with your console, not just the PSU.
  9. LEPLONGHI Win User

Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on

The psu keeps orange, but the unit is dead
Thema:

1. Xbox One, Flashing Orange PSU (No sound) - Similar Threads - Flashing Orange PSU

2. downloaded ous1 file onto a flash drive formatted to ntfs plugged it into xbox one console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    downloaded ous1 file onto a flash drive formatted to ntfs plugged it into xbox one console...: trying to do offline update on xbox one downloaded update onto formatted flash drive but when plugged it in to xbox offline update doesnt become active???? 17c1e5c9-aefe-4f8f-b626-04edc1f27250
  3. Flashing screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flashing screen: Just purchased a second hand xbox one. The xbox home screen displays fine but whenever a game is loaded up the screen flashes. In gears of war 4 the whole screen flashes blue and in fortnite it...
  4. XBox One Controller flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller flashing: Both controllers just flash and don't connect to the XBox. PLEASE HELP! Thank you. 4d8a50ee-8a93-40cc-a9d7-f14eec3da834
  5. Xbox One X Powers off - Power Button Flashes twice 4 or 5 times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Powers off - Power Button Flashes twice 4 or 5 times: So recently my Xbox One X has started randomly powering off. No error messages or messages about over heating. When this happens the Power Light flashes twice quickly either 5 or 6 times before...
  6. Original Xbox red and orange flashing lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox red and orange flashing lights: I have an original xbox and just today it decided that it would no longer work. I want to fix it but I can't seem to find any information on what it means when the system attempts to boot twice...
  7. Power Brick - flashes from orange to white to orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Brick - flashes from orange to white to orange: Just rec'd our new XBOX ONE. We can't get it to turn on. The power brick flashes from orange to white to orange...and stays orange. Ugh...frustrating. Anyone else have this issue? Thx...
  8. 3 Flashing Red Lights, Power Supply Orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 Flashing Red Lights, Power Supply Orange: I tried the power supply on a different outlet in my room and downstairs, but I get the same 3 red flashing lights and power supply light is orange. Is this a power supply problem or is my 360...
  9. xbox one headset the mic mute button keeps flashing orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one headset the mic mute button keeps flashing orange: i bought a brand new mic today plugged it into the controller and the mute button just keeps flaring has any one fix this. a748b567-438d-4322-b123-df28968f7b9d
  10. brand new xbox360 power supply box flashes orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    brand new xbox360 power supply box flashes orange: My son got a new xbox 360 for x-mas and he played it an hour n the power supply cord/box has a orange light on it. We are VERY UPSET that it has taken SO long for it to be replaced!!! I sent it...