Xbox one freezes for a few seconds

Discus and support Xbox one freezes for a few seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one, gameplay will freeze from 5 to 10 seconds every time I press the home button. Doesn't matter what game am I playing, it has been doing this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Duke Nukem B, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Duke Nukem B
    Duke Nukem B Guest

Xbox one, gameplay will freeze from 5 to 10 seconds every time I press the home button. Doesn't matter what game am I playing, it has been doing this for several weeks now. I have tried the power cycle, uninstalled and reinstalled games, removed account
    then added it back, however it doesn't do it with other accounts on the same Xbox console. The same time this started I noticed I couldn't clear my Mac address anymore or get any controllers to sync up to the Xbox without using a USB cable. My Xbox one is
    only two and a half years old and unfortunately the warranty ran out a couple months prior to this. I have changed the name of my Xbox, I have also cleared the disc and Blu-ray persistent storage, change my time language and location, deleted all my data from
    the mobile app, removed that account from PC and it also won't let me link my social accounts to my console anymore. I have scoured the internet for answers and found nothing, contacted Microsoft support multiple times, I even ran this by my internet service
    provider but that also did not help. Is anyone else having the same problem? If so have you found a solution?

:)

Duke Nukem B, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Duke Nukem B Win User

I've been having this problem for a while now and it seems that it's just on one account specifically one game. The account affected is the original one I created on the Xbox One I'm still playing on and I'm only using the internal 500 gig storage, not
    an external drive of any kind. I pretty much tried everything however I do have an external hard drive on its way and plan to back up everything to it and then I guess factory reset my Xbox One...smh I really dislike doing that because true it may fix a problem
    but it also doesn't give specific details about the problem. After I get everything backed up and I factory reset I will post my results and hopefully have an answer.
  3. Duke Nukem B Win User

Well today's the big day. After this post I will begin copying over everything on my Xbox to an external drive. Profile, settings, data, apps, games, ect. Then I will turn off my Xbox, disconnect the drive (to be certain I don't delete it's data) 1st remove
    Fallout 76 and data from my Xbox (not the cloud) then my profile. 2nd perform a proper hard reset. 3rd re-add my profile then Fallout 76. 4th test it out 🤞 I will be back after everything is complete to give an update on how things went.
  4. Phoenix_Reins Win User

As long as you are connected to xbox live your game data is normally backed up to the cloud storage but if you want to you can just wait for the external hard drive. If you want to double check that your game data is in the cloud follow these steps:

Turn on Cloud Saved Games (for a console)

From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings, and then select System.

Select Storage, and then select Cloud Saved Games.

Select Enable Cloud Saved Games.

A local cache is reserved on your console, and you can now save or move saved games to the cloud.

Xbox Cloud Storage
  5. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi Duke Nukem B

Well since you have tried all the other options to correct your issue, the next thing would be to try doing a factory reset.

If you choose to do this make sure to back up any local saves.
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Hi duke

Seems like you have had this issue a few times sorry about that, Are you on the insider program at all? and do you have a external hard drive?. I have had games freeze on external hard drive when suddenly they stop loading due to lack of power ect. And the
    insider question is due to, if there is a error somewhere else.
Thema:

1. Xbox one freezes for a few seconds - Similar Threads - freezes few seconds

2. GUYS PLEASE HELP ME, IT’S BEEN 2 DAYS AND MY XBOX AFTER FEW MINUTES ALWAYS FREEZE LIKE THIS...

in XboX Insiders
    GUYS PLEASE HELP ME, IT’S BEEN 2 DAYS AND MY XBOX AFTER FEW MINUTES ALWAYS FREEZE LIKE THIS...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TheItalianShadowMan [link] [comments]
  3. my xbox one s turns on but than after a few minutes it freezes or goes blackscreen

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox one s turns on but than after a few minutes it freezes or goes blackscreen: my xbox turns on but than after a few minutes it freezes or goes blackscreen, i dont know what to do. someone please help me. i bought a new one but i actually dont want to throw this xbox away....
  4. Minecraft Windows 10 freezes and closes after breaking a few blocks with no Error Messages.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 freezes and closes after breaking a few blocks with no Error Messages.: Around about a month or so ago I recently started having problems with minecraft on my laptop. In single player and multiplayer worlds I can run around and what not just fine and I don't...
  5. Call of duty black ops 4 the game freeze after few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of duty black ops 4 the game freeze after few seconds: Hello, I got problems to start the game. Few days ago, I play ,the gam working perfect, after 3-4 days, the game freeze after starting the xbox, the game freeze at the opening. I have reboot my...
  6. Freezes every few minutes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Freezes every few minutes: This program continues to freeze every few minutes. I am using Windows 8.1 with a touchscreen. Is this somehow tied to the ads? I notice that the ads freeze up first and then the puzzle freezes...
  7. Star Wars the force unleashed II freezes frequently for a few seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars the force unleashed II freezes frequently for a few seconds: The game frequently freezes for three or 4 seconds, especially in Kamino. Is there a way to solve this in my Xbox 360? 245ab71e-6833-4ebf-a6f3-cc99080cc8e6
  8. DA:I freezes for a few seconds every 20 minutes on XBox One, other games don't

in XBoX on Consoles
    DA:I freezes for a few seconds every 20 minutes on XBox One, other games don't: Hello, I just recently purchased a XBox One, along with Dragon Age: Inquisition, but I'm already facing problems. Every plus-minus 20 minutes, Dragon Age: Inquisition freezes for a few seconds,...
  9. Xbox makes loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, freezes, then crashes back to the home screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, freezes, then crashes back to the home screen.: It doesn't matter what game I'm playing because it has happened on a few different ones but whenever I'm playing the game freezes and the loud buzzing starts in for about 5 seconds then the...
  10. Game Freezing "Mid-Game" for a few seconds...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Freezing "Mid-Game" for a few seconds...: Has anyone experienced the issue where their game freezes up for a few seconds (mid-game)... but then continues on? Since the latest Feb update, my game will freeze up for a few seconds but then...