Xbox one freezes for a few seconds

Discus and support Xbox one freezes for a few seconds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one, gameplay will freeze from 5 to 10 seconds every time I press the home button. Doesn't matter what game am I playing, it has been doing this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Duke Nukem B, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Duke Nukem B
    Duke Nukem B Guest

Xbox one, gameplay will freeze from 5 to 10 seconds every time I press the home button. Doesn't matter what game am I playing, it has been doing this for several weeks now. I have tried the power cycle, uninstalled and reinstalled games, removed account
    then added it back, however it doesn't do it with other accounts on the same Xbox console. The same time this started I noticed I couldn't clear my Mac address anymore or get any controllers to sync up to the Xbox without using a USB cable. My Xbox one is
    only two and a half years old and unfortunately the warranty ran out a couple months prior to this. I have changed the name of my Xbox, I have also cleared the disc and Blu-ray persistent storage, change my time language and location, deleted all my data from
    the mobile app, removed that account from PC and it also won't let me link my social accounts to my console anymore. I have scoured the internet for answers and found nothing, contacted Microsoft support multiple times, I even ran this by my internet service
    provider but that also did not help. Is anyone else having the same problem? If so have you found a solution?

:)

Duke Nukem B, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Hi Duke Nukem B

Well since you have tried all the other options to correct your issue, the next thing would be to try doing a factory reset.

If you choose to do this make sure to back up any local saves.
  3. Todd9000 Win User

Live TV Freezing

Just started having the same issue described here. Started last night 5-9-14. TV plays for a few seconds. Freezes few seconds. Starts again. Freezes. Restarting STB and XBOX ONE in different orders makes no difference. If I go from STB straight to
    TV, no problem. Plug back in thru XBOX ONE and freezing. Makes TV unwatchable. When freeze happens, STB still responds to channel changes so it's not the STB alone if it is involved at all. Verizon FIOS with DVR. Also happens during DVR. Sometimes the
    "we aren't getting a signal from your STB" comes up but it is more just freeze and continue every random few seconds for a random amount of seconds.
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

Xbox freezes after a few seconds

Hey Tomato! It sounds like you might need to send your console in for repair. But before that you can try clearing the console update and see if it gives us any love.

To do that:

-Go to System, Settings, Storage then press the following button sequence: LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X

-Your console will restart and reupdate, that's fine.

When it finishes, try playing again and see if the console continues to freeze. Let us know! ^_^
  5. SilentGamer895 Win User

i would try removing that and installing all games to the hard drive. What color is the light on the power supply when you turn the console on?
  6. Xochitl and Nick V. Win User

No, I don't think that's the problem. Most of my games are discs and they never froze. But I do have a Intercooler
Thema:

1. Xbox one freezes for a few seconds - Similar Threads - freezes few seconds

2. Minecraft Windows 10 freezes and closes after breaking a few blocks with no Error Messages.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Windows 10 freezes and closes after breaking a few blocks with no Error Messages.: Around about a month or so ago I recently started having problems with minecraft on my laptop. In single player and multiplayer worlds I can run around and what not just fine and I don't...
  3. Call of duty black ops 4 the game freeze after few seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of duty black ops 4 the game freeze after few seconds: Hello, I got problems to start the game. Few days ago, I play ,the gam working perfect, after 3-4 days, the game freeze after starting the xbox, the game freeze at the opening. I have reboot my...
  4. Freezes every few minutes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Freezes every few minutes: This program continues to freeze every few minutes. I am using Windows 8.1 with a touchscreen. Is this somehow tied to the ads? I notice that the ads freeze up first and then the puzzle freezes...
  5. Star Wars the force unleashed II freezes frequently for a few seconds

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Star Wars the force unleashed II freezes frequently for a few seconds: The game frequently freezes for three or 4 seconds, especially in Kamino. Is there a way to solve this in my Xbox 360? 245ab71e-6833-4ebf-a6f3-cc99080cc8e6
  6. DA:I freezes for a few seconds every 20 minutes on XBox One, other games don't

in XBoX on Consoles
    DA:I freezes for a few seconds every 20 minutes on XBox One, other games don't: Hello, I just recently purchased a XBox One, along with Dragon Age: Inquisition, but I'm already facing problems. Every plus-minus 20 minutes, Dragon Age: Inquisition freezes for a few seconds,...
  7. Xbox makes loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, freezes, then crashes back to the home screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox makes loud buzzing noise for a few seconds, freezes, then crashes back to the home screen.: It doesn't matter what game I'm playing because it has happened on a few different ones but whenever I'm playing the game freezes and the loud buzzing starts in for about 5 seconds then the...
  8. (xbox 360) freezes after a few minutes!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    (xbox 360) freezes after a few minutes!!!: guys help!! what should I do to fix freeze xbox?? I tried to delete cache but works not tips and tricks Please thank you b8c6af46-ebd8-476e-a0a0-1e4de92fbf5f
  9. Freezes after sending a few messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freezes after sending a few messages: My messages will start to slow down after I tab out to send them, after about 10 or so the entire xbox will just freeze solid and I need to restart. Happens regardless which game I'm playing....
  10. Game Freezing "Mid-Game" for a few seconds...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Freezing "Mid-Game" for a few seconds...: Has anyone experienced the issue where their game freezes up for a few seconds (mid-game)... but then continues on? Since the latest Feb update, my game will freeze up for a few seconds but then...