Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app

Discus and support Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple months ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. Not sure exactly when, but my console started showing that i have zero... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SkiTz., Feb 12, 2019.

1. SkiTz.
    SkiTz. Guest

A couple months ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. Not sure exactly when, but my console started showing that i have zero friends.

I can browse my friends on the xbox app on my phone. It lets me send messages, invite to party, the works!

if i add a friend on the console, their profile will stay in my friends list until i shut the xbox down. They will remain on my phone after that, but wont be on the xbox friends list after i restart.

I have forced the system cache to clear multiple times

i have deleted and redownloaded my profile twice

i have scoured all forums i could find on the net

ive removed several friends and re added them

switched controllers

switched profiles back and forth

im sure ive tried other things as well but i cant remember. Any help is appreciated.

:)

SkiTz., Feb 12, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello all,

As this is an old thread, I will be locking this one. Updates, games and everything changes often so would be best to create a new thread. Once a new thread is created we will be happy to assist you in any issues or questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. SWAToperator72 Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and
    restart the console.
    I have the same exact problem and your fix didn’t fix the issue. Any other ideas?
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows all friends on phone app

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create
    a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  6. DerVaddi Win User

Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows all friends on phone app

Thema:

1. Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app - Similar Threads - friends list shows

2. Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not showing Friends List (0 Friends online despite people being online): Good Evening, So this is a strange one. I was playing a Game the other night and for an unknown reason the xbox just decided to freeze as my wireless headset decided to stop talking to the...
  3. friends list not showing up on box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    friends list not showing up on box.: hey for the past 3 weeks i haven't been able to see my friends list on xbox one x. i can only see when my favorite friends get on line. i have to use pc or app to see friends list. does anyone...
  4. Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows all friends on phone app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows all friends on phone app: A week ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. About a week ago, my console (Xbox One S) started showing that I have zero friends. I can see and browse my friends on the Xbox...
  5. Friends list won’t show up on console but will on app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list won’t show up on console but will on app: I restarted my console and I turned it back on and saw that my friends list was not showing up but then I went on to the xbox app it showed all of my friends and I could join them and today on my...
  6. Friends list not showing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list not showing up: so this happened a few days ago afte ri just updated my console and after the fact when i updated it it will no longer show my friends online anymore even though i have 100+ friends??? Why is...
  7. Friends list not showing on Xbox app for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Friends list not showing on Xbox app for PC: Hey guys & gals, As the title says, my friends list won't show on my Xbox app on my PC. The error is "We can't show your friends right now. Try refreshing the app." I've tried refreshing, and...
  8. Friend on list shows no achievements/information

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friend on list shows no achievements/information: i have one friend in my friends list who when i click on them to view and compare information and achievements shows they have none in any games. the main profile overview has the gamerscore on...
  9. Xbox 360 not showing Friends List or Messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not showing Friends List or Messages: So I'm running into an issue where my friends list and messages are not showing on my Xbox 360 when logged in, but they are on my Xbox PC app. I have gone so far as to reformat the hard drive, but...
  10. Friends List shows 0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends List shows 0: Hey guys!! I was trying to start up my console and everything was going well until I saw my friends list was missing. I can see them other times like when im playing online but not in my actual...