Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app

Discus and support Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A couple months ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. Not sure exactly when, but my console started showing that i have zero... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SkiTz., Feb 12, 2019 at 4:55 PM.

1. SkiTz.
    SkiTz. Guest

A couple months ago, my friends list was working just fine on all devices. Not sure exactly when, but my console started showing that i have zero friends.

I can browse my friends on the xbox app on my phone. It lets me send messages, invite to party, the works!

if i add a friend on the console, their profile will stay in my friends list until i shut the xbox down. They will remain on my phone after that, but wont be on the xbox friends list after i restart.

I have forced the system cache to clear multiple times

i have deleted and redownloaded my profile twice

i have scoured all forums i could find on the net

ive removed several friends and re added them

switched controllers

switched profiles back and forth

im sure ive tried other things as well but i cant remember. Any help is appreciated.

:)

2. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console.
  3. Mistress Sara Win User

Friend List shows up empty

Hi there,

There is currently a Live service alert (support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-status) which says the following:

"Having a tough time viewing the online state and activity of other users on your Friends list? Us too, but we’re doing our best to straighten things out soon. Thanks for your understanding while we work. Feel free to check back in half an hour for an update
    on our progress."

I know it's been going on for a few hours now. It's not just you.

I hope this helps.
  4. Cepi 77 Win User

Activity feed not updating and other Dashboard problems (region specific)

Since 3 weeks I got this annoying problem. My activity feed stopped working on both Xbox One console and smartglass app. If I post something, it never shows up and my friends can't see any of my activity.

On the smartglass app, my profile appears empty too. My activity feed is blank, when I try to post something it never shows up. The recent activity and achievements sections are also empty. Any solution?
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Friendlist won't show on xbox one.

Hey there!

With the information provided so far, especially the bit where Xbox.com shows that your friends list is empty, have you ensured that you are signing into the appropriate Gamertag when signing into Xbox.com? Double check that and let us know if you find
    anything. For players to show up in your friends list, keep in mind that you must follow those gamers back.

For additional troubleshooting outside of what was mentioned in your post, I recommend trying a

Factory Restore on your Xbox One console
    . Be sure to select 'Reset and keep my games & apps'!

Keep us posted on how it goes! :)
  6. AqueUnitSquadRM Win User

My activity feed stopped working on both Xbox One console and smartglass app

My activity feed stopped working on both Xbox One console and smartglass app. If I post something, it never shows up and my friends can't see any of my activity. On the smartglass app, my profile appears empty too. My activity feed is blank, when I try to
    post something it never shows up. The recent activity and achievements sections are also empty. How can this be? I already tried power cycling my console several times, but that didn't fix the issue. The problem doesn't reside in my
Thema:

1. Xbox one friends list shows empty on console but shows 40 friends on phone app - Similar Threads - friends list shows

2. Friends list not showing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list not showing up: so this happened a few days ago afte ri just updated my console and after the fact when i updated it it will no longer show my friends online anymore even though i have 100+ friends??? Why is...
  3. Friends list not showing on Xbox app for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Friends list not showing on Xbox app for PC: Hey guys & gals, As the title says, my friends list won't show on my Xbox app on my PC. The error is "We can't show your friends right now. Try refreshing the app." I've tried refreshing, and...
  4. Friend on list shows no achievements/information

in XBoX Accessibility
    Friend on list shows no achievements/information: i have one friend in my friends list who when i click on them to view and compare information and achievements shows they have none in any games. the main profile overview has the gamerscore on...
  5. Xbox 360 not showing Friends List or Messages

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not showing Friends List or Messages: So I'm running into an issue where my friends list and messages are not showing on my Xbox 360 when logged in, but they are on my Xbox PC app. I have gone so far as to reformat the hard drive, but...
  6. Friends List shows 0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends List shows 0: Hey guys!! I was trying to start up my console and everything was going well until I saw my friends list was missing. I can see them other times like when im playing online but not in my actual...
  7. My profile is not showing up under any of my friends following list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My profile is not showing up under any of my friends following list: I'm not sure when this started, but I am not showing up in any of my friends following list on or offline. I checked all privacy options on everything, my Xbox One, Xbox 360 and mobile app....
  8. Show friends list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Show friends list: Hello, I have a problem with the list of friends, in short everything describes a screenshot (translation: You can not display your friends list at this time. Try to update the application) And...
  9. Added friends not showing up in list

in XBoX on Consoles
    Added friends not showing up in list: Everyone I've added since 9/26 doesn't show up in my friends list. If I search their name, they show up as a friend already. 3d65be19-88f8-4c75-ad19-14675e7cc748
  10. My friends list on Xbox one isn't showing up? Need help please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My friends list on Xbox one isn't showing up? Need help please.: My friends list hasn't been showing up on my Xbox one for some time now and I can't figure out why please help. 25eed188-c18a-4133-bb9a-ec14e917c571