Xbox One froze during controller update....

Discus and support Xbox One froze during controller update.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One froze at 46% while I was updating one of my controllers, and now I can't figure out how to continue the update. The controller just keeps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TomServo1116, Aug 27, 2019.

1. TomServo1116
    TomServo1116 Guest

My Xbox One froze at 46% while I was updating one of my controllers, and now I can't figure out how to continue the update. The controller just keeps blinking like it's trying to reconnect, but the
    XB1 will not recognize it. I've tried wirelessly connecting it, and I've tried a USB cord. I've also tried the Accessories app on my laptop but it also will not recognize the controller. Any ideas?

:)

TomServo1116, Aug 27, 2019
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

3. TomServo1116 Win User

Have you tried power cycling your console?

Try these steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
    After trying that a couple of times, it still gave the same results. This isn't looking good.
  4. choppyseize Win User

Sometimes it's not frozen and just looks like it. They recommend you leave it for 10-15 minutes before unplugging it or trying again. That may be the case here. It could also be a faulty controller. Unfortunately they only come with a limited 90 day warranty
    so your options may be low.
  5. THE MEGALOJON Win User

Have you tried power cycling your console?

Try these steps:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console
  6. TomServo1116 Win User

I believe I’ve tried everything that is listed in there, to no avail. I hope I don’t have to replace my controller because of this :(
Thema:

1. Xbox One froze during controller update.... - Similar Threads - froze during controller

2. Xbox one X stuck/froze during shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X stuck/froze during shut down: hey everyone, first i want to say ive had my one x for like 4-5 months never had any power issues with it untill today when i got done playing i went to settings to do a full shut down cause i...
  3. Xbox 360 froze during license transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 froze during license transfer: I was trying to license transfer and my console decided to freeze. I've called over 4 times in the past couple hours and have received no help. Does anyone know how to get their DRM reset? Who am...
  4. Game Froze During Cutscene and Endless Loading Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Froze During Cutscene and Endless Loading Screen: Hi. I just bought Quantum Break on Thursday and started playing Friday night and I've been having a couple problems. The game itself is phenomenal. It has amazing graphics and the controls are...
  5. Froze during update, Now shows black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Froze during update, Now shows black screen: Hi all, Bought an original xbox one and after loading through 2 patches, I get a message saying it failed which subsequently led to the console freezing. I had to power it off by holding the...
  6. Froze during update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Froze during update?: After getting about 60% done while applying the new update, it stops updating and just stays at that spot. 4d4630fd-9f4a-4b29-b3d7-13a7c349f481
  7. Controller froze and disconnected during the controller update, won't turn on anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller froze and disconnected during the controller update, won't turn on anymore: I recently got the Xbox One Armed Forces headset. My controllers needed updates to be compatible with it. My Day One controller updated just fine, but my Titanfall controller disconnected (with a...
  8. Xbox One Froze During Setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Froze During Setup: So this is my first time ever making a forum post in order to fix a problem. So please bear with me. (I'm also from Sweden if that changes anything) I just got my Xbox One and everything was...
  9. Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console froze during game, upon reboot, no sound!!! Please help. :(: Okay, so this is similar to a post by someone else just a couple months ago. I was playing Skyrim ( la di da, prancing around with a following of undead past the Ritual Stone... ) When my 360...
  10. Game froze during Skyrim, and upon reboot, NO SOUND! HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game froze during Skyrim, and upon reboot, NO SOUND! HELP!!!!: Playing Skyrim on my 360 4s, and as I set someone on fire, game froze. Had to force console to restart, and upon doing so, I had no sound, and picture quality was lowered. Fixed picture, but can't...