Xbox One frozen in update

Discus and support Xbox One frozen in update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Xbox update keeps freezing at 84%. The System Error is E208 0000045D 00000005. Any suggestions? Thanks 980a2ac0-8b71-460d-84fb-d69c1e9b4fd5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Danamazur, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:42 AM.

1. Danamazur
    Danamazur Guest

The Xbox update keeps freezing at 84%. The System Error is E208 0000045D 00000005. Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

2. Danamazur Win User

Thank you so much! The reset worked!
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @Danamazur, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the console situation; However, I believe your console might need just a system refresh to perform the system update successfully. I would like you to go through the following
    steps to perform a quick power cycle.

I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

If you are still receiving a black screen, I would like you please to kindly follow the instructions below to physically reset your console:

- Turn off the console unplug all the cables then re-plug them back again.

- Click on the "Bind" and "Eject" buttons at the same time after 10 seconds click the home "X" button just once without letting go of the two buttons. Throughout the whole process you will hear two beep sounds and end up with a troubleshooting page. On your
    screen. You will need to select the "Reset this Xbox" option and choose "Reset and keep my games and apps".

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

In case both troubleshooting steps weren't helpful, the next solution would be to perform an offline system update. In the link below you will be directed to everything you need to know about the offline update and how to run it.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help.../system-update-solution/offline-system-update

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  4. gds1972 Win User

Help Xbox one frozen on update

Hi

Can you please use
    this support guide
    to try help resolve your console update issues and if required you can also use this guide to carry out the console update offline.
  5. CrossedWeevil83 Win User

Update frozen

Unplugging console resolves issue.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Frozen Update

Hi there,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a
    new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Xbox One frozen in update - Similar Threads - frozen update

2. Xbox frozen during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox frozen during update: My sons xbox froze during an update. I've tried doing an offline update, didn't work. I'm now trying to restore to factory settings but it is still not getting past 86%. Does anyone have any...
  3. Xbox update frozen and does not install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox update frozen and does not install: When i go to install an update on my xbox it installs to 20% and then does not install any more, i contact a xbox gamer and they said to contact xbox support, it does not allow me to do an offline...
  4. Xbox One S Frozen with Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Frozen with Offline Update: After attempting to install Fortnite on an XBox One S, the console froze up entirely. After trying to restart several times, and then attempting an offline update ($SystemUpdate) the console...
  5. controllers wont work frozen on update screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    controllers wont work frozen on update screen: Hi my xbox one was working till it went to time to update screen. the controllers have all stopped working. I have tried wired and wirless. I cant perform update as I have to control over the...
  6. Alpha Skip-ahead update Frozen at 1%

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip-ahead update Frozen at 1%: I have an Xbox One X and I'm in the Alpha skip-ahead ring and I have a 3.8 gb mandatory system update that freezes at 1% Everytime i try to download it. I have checked the network, reset router,...
  7. 24 Oct 2019 Update, Xbox frozen on applying updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 Oct 2019 Update, Xbox frozen on applying updates: my Xbox 1 is frozen attempting to apply the most recent update from the 24 October 2019. It appears to be frozen at the applying update, at 72%. i have attempted to let the xbox just take as long...
  8. XBOX UPDATE FROZEN

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX UPDATE FROZEN: Today I got on my xbox and the update has been frozen at 23% while at the bottom it says verifying (25%). Can someone help me out because I don't wanna restart my console because I think it'll...
  9. xbox frozen on updates, on preparation, freeze up fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox frozen on updates, on preparation, freeze up fix?: So i see a lot of people posting and asking about their xbox freezing either on updates or on preparing mode with assorted errors. Mine had this problem where it was freezing at various points. I...
  10. XBox One update on Xbox One X is frozen at 66% for a couple of hours... what should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One update on Xbox One X is frozen at 66% for a couple of hours... what should I do?: Woke up to an update frozen on the screen... tempted to shut off and restart but wanted to hear from someone who had been through it first? Any takers? e763fffd-a601-4bc1-99e7-2308a3261d20