Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready

Discus and support Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Have been using a wd 1tb hdd as an external drive for over a year on an xbox one without issued. The games have now started crashing and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RussellFogarty, May 15, 2019.

1. Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready

Hi. Have been using a wd 1tb hdd as an external drive for over a year on an xbox one without issued. The games have now started crashing and the notification ‘external drive ready’ shows up. I plugged a 2tb seagate drive into a different port and moved the
    games to that drive. Still having the error occur.

Cant seem to find a workable solution and this seems to have made the xbox unplayable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

RussellFogarty, May 15, 2019
  2. DerVaddi Win User

3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing the hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. RussellFogarty Win User

First thing i tried, but thanks
  5. luissolid Win User

Some External HDD have different performance, for example I have a WD passport X and when the HDD it's over 50% usage have some issues with the games. (Don't load)
  6. RussellFogarty Win User

Havnt reset console besides restarting. It is happening with multiple games.
Thema:

1. Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready - Similar Threads - game crash external

2. My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My backwards compatible game keeps crashing/freezing.: So i have lost planet 2 on disc and the game kept crashing/freezing a lot and i thought it was the disc because it was pretty old so i bought the game again yesterday this time digitally and the...
  3. Xbox Game Pass game launch issue: Games not working. Not even a crash log.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass game launch issue: Games not working. Not even a crash log.: Hi, I can't run any game since this morning. I was playing without problems until now and now any of them works, not even a crash message. I click on "play game" button and nothing happens...
  4. no games from store working , all crashing on start!!! plz help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no games from store working , all crashing on start!!! plz help: i am using windows 10 with amd ryzen processor and radeon vega graphics, i download asphalt 8 and sniper fury and to check candy crush saga but when i installed and tried to run..it just show up...
  5. Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC App - Crash after Login: I've downloaded the Xbox Game Pass PC App on the day it was announced and have installed two games. Since two weeks I noticed, that I'm no longer logged into my account, but I could continue to...
  6. Xbox 360 Game Crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Game Crashing: Hey, I had spoke with one of the xbox ambassadors via the web chat about my game restarting after I completed a heist (GTAV) and they advised me to delete and reinstall the game. Since doing...
  7. BattleChasers Crash at THQ logo on launch (Xbox Game Pass for PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    BattleChasers Crash at THQ logo on launch (Xbox Game Pass for PC): The game is crashing at the THQ logo right after launching, I found support posts like this for the Steam version of the game and have attempted to do similar troubleshooting but the WindowsApps...
  8. Xbox one external hard drive games audio crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external hard drive games audio crash: I've been experiencing some audio issues with the games I have installed on my external HD. While playing these games the audio will break up to unbearable levels and sometimes cut out completely....
  9. External Hard Drive Message of "Ready" constantly appears, crashes my game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Message of "Ready" constantly appears, crashes my game.: Having a recurring issue for the past month where any game I have loaded onto my external hard drive that's plugged into my Xbox One crashes while I am playing it and then within 10 seconds a...
  10. "External Storage Ready" notification repeatedly, Crashes current game

in XBoX on Consoles
    "External Storage Ready" notification repeatedly, Crashes current game: i have a toshiba 1TB portable Hard Drive connected it is USB 3.0. My xbox keeps notifying me that "External Storage ready" and also crashes my game just before that happens...