Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready

Discus and support Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Have been using a wd 1tb hdd as an external drive for over a year on an xbox one without issued. The games have now started crashing and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RussellFogarty, May 15, 2019 at 9:32 AM.

1. Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready

Hi. Have been using a wd 1tb hdd as an external drive for over a year on an xbox one without issued. The games have now started crashing and the notification ‘external drive ready’ shows up. I plugged a 2tb seagate drive into a different port and moved the
    games to that drive. Still having the error occur.

Cant seem to find a workable solution and this seems to have made the xbox unplayable.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

RussellFogarty, May 15, 2019 at 9:32 AM
  2. DerVaddi Win User

3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing the hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  4. RussellFogarty Win User

First thing i tried, but thanks
  5. luissolid Win User

Some External HDD have different performance, for example I have a WD passport X and when the HDD it's over 50% usage have some issues with the games. (Don't load)
  6. RussellFogarty Win User

Havnt reset console besides restarting. It is happening with multiple games.
Thema:

1. Xbox one game crash and external drive notifies as ready - Similar Threads - game crash external

2. Crashing mid game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crashing mid game: My game is crashing mid game Im normal playing after Im driving car or etc. I dont know but I have a 1050 ti i5 3450 8 gb ram but my graphics very low and My all drivers last version windows last...
  3. Some Game Pass Games Crashing My Console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some Game Pass Games Crashing My Console: Every time I Install MX GP 3, or Observer from Game Pass and try to start them up, all I get is the Game Screen title then a black screen. I have to quite the game to get rid of the black screen...
  4. Game Crashing and Time clock continues running....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Crashing and Time clock continues running....: I was playing on two different events,twice the game crashed and the time clock continued to run.. Adding time to my end game result.. Why didn't the clock stop when the game crashes..??...
  5. Xbox 1 X crashes when only playing a specific game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 X crashes when only playing a specific game: The Xbox crashes at specific times of playing Destiny 2. Bungie will not respond and it seems like a bad internal cooling system... But now the Xbox is out of warranty. What can I do, other than...
  6. Game keeps crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps crashing: Hi Xbox Ambassadors, I have a question about a game that keeps crashing; It is need for speed rivals and it loads up to the main menu and says press "A" so i click it and the game just freezes and...
  7. Asphalt Series games (by Gameloft) crashing on loading screen and/or after loading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Asphalt Series games (by Gameloft) crashing on loading screen and/or after loading: Okay not sure how to really start this but, hi. Since around mid 2018, i think after the first creators update, this started happening. Every time i would open any Asphalt game by Gameloft, the...
  8. Xbox one external hard drive games audio crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one external hard drive games audio crash: I've been experiencing some audio issues with the games I have installed on my external HD. While playing these games the audio will break up to unbearable levels and sometimes cut out completely....
  9. External Hard Drive Message of "Ready" constantly appears, crashes my game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Message of "Ready" constantly appears, crashes my game.: Having a recurring issue for the past month where any game I have loaded onto my external hard drive that's plugged into my Xbox One crashes while I am playing it and then within 10 seconds a...
  10. "External Storage Ready" notification repeatedly, Crashes current game

in XBoX on Consoles
    "External Storage Ready" notification repeatedly, Crashes current game: i have a toshiba 1TB portable Hard Drive connected it is USB 3.0. My xbox keeps notifying me that "External Storage ready" and also crashes my game just before that happens...