Xbox One Game Pass game download to external drive issues. Code 8007045D

Discus and support Xbox One Game Pass game download to external drive issues. Code 8007045D in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, I have an Xbox one console and ever since the last update, I keep getting " installation stopped" when trying to download games to my external... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EricJegels, Apr 7, 2020.

1. EricJegels
    EricJegels Guest

Ok, I have an Xbox one console and ever since the last update, I keep getting " installation stopped" when trying to download games to my external drive only with an ear code 8007045D. The will download fine to the internal drive. I've tried swapping out
    different external drives to eliminate a possible issue with the external drive and it still does the same thing. It also will not allow me to transfer games from the internal drive to the external drive. Although, it will allow you to transfer from the external
    drive to the internal drive. I have also used different USB cables and used both USB ports on the console with the same results. I'm starting to conclude here that Xbox dose not want you to have as many games as you want and want to limit you on the amount
    of games you can download. Especially since they limit the internal drive to 2tb. If that were the case i would rather they just be transparent and tell us so we would know. Anyone having the same issues or conclusion?

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

EricJegels, Apr 7, 2020
  2. ZenKiller08 Win User

I have a 4tb external USB drive and have no issues downloading games. I would definitely try a factory reset as a last resort on your Xbox to see if that clears up your issue. Also, make sure you aren't using any USB hubs as those have been a source of
    issues in the past for me.
  3. EricJegels Win User

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I did do a factory reset, twice. It had been working fine before the last update came out. It downloads fine to the internal drive. It won't let me move it to or from the external drive. I've tried three different drives
    and it does the same. It did recognise each one though. Just won't transfer. Maybe something's wrong with the motherboard for the USB drives? Don't know what to do. Maybe wait until the new Xbox comes out this year.
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox One Digital Download Transfer

1. Plug external hard drive into Xbox One with good connection.

2. Download games.

3. Unplug external drive.

4. Take external drive to Xbox One with bad connection.

5. Plug external drive in.

6. Play games.

7. Say thank you.

Note: External drive needs to be USB 3.0 and have 256GB of free space.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Downloading games to an external drive Windows 10

Is this on game pass PC Beta? If so you have to download to the default drive that it creates.
    Hi,

I'm sure you mean well but....

You don't have to install to the 'default' drive whatever that is.

If your Windows 10 is working correctly - and error codes usually mean it isn't - you can instal on any drive.

I have four drives for my PC, three internal and one external. I can use them all for PC game Pass games.
  6. {Parity} Win User

usb drive still not detected even after re formatting

Trying to understand you were able to format the drive for games on the XBOX One?

You haven't lost the games you will be able to download then again. If you have room on your internal drive download then there if not once you get your external drive issue corrected re-download them there.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Game Pass game download to external drive issues. Code 8007045D - Similar Threads - Game Pass game

2. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  3. My latest reoccurring Xbox Game Pass payment is showing as pending - Can't play games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My latest reoccurring Xbox Game Pass payment is showing as pending - Can't play games.: Hi, I hope someone can help. I have a reoccurring Xbox game pass for the PC. The latest payment came out of my account on the 12th of May. The payment is showing as pending in my Microsoft...
  4. Game pass!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass!!: Hi i have an adult account on my sons xbox and he is the child account! Recently i got him game pass ultiamte as a gift! We are in a family group so o brought it on my accout so he would get it as...
  5. Subskrybcja Game Pass na PC[Translation-game pass subscription on PC]

in XBoX on Windows
    Subskrybcja Game Pass na PC[Translation-game pass subscription on PC]: Kupiłem subskrypcje Game pass na pc, kiedy chcę pobrać jakąkolwiek grę nic się nie dzieje. Microsoft Store pokazuje że mogę ją pobrać ale kiedy klikam opcje Zainstaluj nic się nie dzieje (Wszystko...
  6. Xbox Game Pass online problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass online problem: I renewed my Xbox Game Pass, Xbox subscriptions for pc but still can't play Forza 4 online. e90b51eb-eec2-4370-bef1-aa1f629cee6b
  7. XBOX LIVE GOLD and XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX LIVE GOLD and XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My XBOX LIVE GOLD has disappeared for a while and should have stayed until Christmas, and with it the XBOX Game Pass Ultimate. Please help me cause i buyed the live and the Game Pass Ultimate ~...
  8. Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass: I got Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but I only have a PC. Im trying to downgrade to the Game Pass for PC only but it wont work. Any suggestions? At the moment IM just going to leave it to my...
  9. How to Fix Slow Downloads on Xbox Game Pass App for PC (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    How to Fix Slow Downloads on Xbox Game Pass App for PC (Beta): I was trying to download my first game (Ark) today and after 5 hours I was only at 20%. One thing I noticed is that I think it stops downloading when my screen goes to sleep so I changed my...
  10. Xbox game pass perks

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox game pass perks: Hi I just bought the ultimate game pass, I hoped to get 6 months of spotify premium for free like how it says on the store. Allthough when I go to perks it only says 3 months instead of the...