Xbox one game/person chat volume slider gone?

Discus and support Xbox one game/person chat volume slider gone? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've always had to use the sound slider for certain games to be able to hear that better over people in my party, and vice versa. After the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by phillN, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:03 PM.

1. phillN
    phillN Guest

I've always had to use the sound slider for certain games to be able to hear that better over people in my party, and vice versa. After the "customizable" xbox home button settings menu system update, I can't find seem to find it. A friend told me it's gone
    now and i'm not sure if that's a thing or not for real because I can't find it on google anywhere.

(In my opinion, if that's the case this update definitely shouldn't have gone through. Only now noticing because an old friend got me in to trying the new Rainbow 6 and I need it again)

:)

1 person likes this.
  2. Skitals Win User

Xbox One Adapter game and chat volume the same?

The Volume + and - raises and lowers ALL volume. The Game and Chat buttons adjust the mix between the two. That means, repeatedly press the Game button to raise the Game volume, in relation to chat. Press the chat button repeatedly to raise the chat volume.
    This is completely independent of the volume.

This of it like a mixing board. You have a slider for the Game track, a slider for the Chat track, and a Master volume slider.
  3. AridLizard Win User

Earbuds semi work.

if you press the Xbox button on your controller, then press RB 3 times to get to
    System tab (the gear symbol)

there should be an option there called Audio.

select that and you should have a slider with one end marked with a controller symbol and the other marked with a person symbol.

move the slider towards the person symbol to increase Party Chat volume over game volume.

hope this helps
  4. BrokenFattHardy Win User

Are you using a wired or wireless headset? Some wireless headsets have this feature built in to them and therefore the setting will not show on the Xbox One. You can also check on your Xbox One under Settings>General>Volume & Audio Output.
  5. phillN Win User

No, I have a wired one. As I said I used to be able to do this and now can't.

Did they move the one that was in the "xbox button" menu in the settings tab (that used to be on the far right not customizable)? Because that one deep in the system's actual settings isn't the same in how it functions
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Game audio through headset without adapter

When headphones are plugged into the controller, there should be an option to adjust the "headset volume" (which is the game volume through your headphones).

When headphones are plugged into the controller...

• Double-tap the Xbox Guide button.
    • Go down to the "Settings" icon (picture of a cogwheel).
    • You should see a bunch of volume slider settings underneath the "All Settings" option.
      • Headset mic (on/off switch)
      • Headset Volume (slider)
      • Headset Chat Mixer (slider)
      • Mic Monitoring (slider)
    • Adjust "Headset Volume" to the desired volume level.
    If you don't see all those volume options, your Xbox might need a simple
    power cycle
    . Then you can try the steps above again.

The game audio through the controller works just fine with my pair of Bose QuietComfort 25 (QC25) headphones.

Hopefully this helps!
Thema:

1. Xbox one game/person chat volume slider gone? - Similar Threads - game person chat

2. Deep Rock Galactic: can't play with the person that gifted me the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deep Rock Galactic: can't play with the person that gifted me the game: I'm constantly having this issue, The game is called Deep Rock Galactic. I can play perfectly either alone or on multiplayer. I do not have any fps problems nor bugs that are affecting my...
  3. I AM being stalked on your video game system. I need the person's IP BLOCKED

in XBoX on Consoles
    I AM being stalked on your video game system. I need the person's IP BLOCKED: I have blocked over 10 accounts of his. he keeps creating accounts to message me and talk [mod removed] on my 10 yr old son who was murdered last june, among other things. He is a real scummy...
  4. I can’t join my friend on any Xbox game. Specifically one person. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t join my friend on any Xbox game. Specifically one person. Please help: I can’t join my friend across multiple games, rocket league gta cod etc, I’ve restarted my xbox, WiFi, game, I’m on open nat type so is my friend, I’ve reset my MAC address. Weird of all my friend...
  5. Are game skins in first person good or not?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are game skins in first person good or not?: I think that in the first person or in the third, the skin whether you see it or not can still be nice, especially if you want to show your personalized skin to other players, it is a matter of...
  6. Modern warfare won’t start saying person who owns game must sign in but I have the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare won’t start saying person who owns game must sign in but I have the game and...: Modern warfare won’t start saying person who owns game must sign in but I have the game and have played since came out 5cbe1b23-cfe9-46f7-a55b-ecc6a88a9bf3
  7. What Impact Has Gaming Had On You Personally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Impact Has Gaming Had On You Personally?: Gaming has been a big part of my life. I remember when I was young playing PlayStation and Nintendo 64 but what is not connected socially Until the Xbox days. My brothers and sisters were always...
  8. Remove a person from game share

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remove a person from game share: How can i remove a person from game share completly including gold membership b7d31e3a-f606-4ec6-9274-5aae4c3c66f5
  9. After finished, which game made you stop and ask yourself: "Am I a better person because of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After finished, which game made you stop and ask yourself: "Am I a better person because of...: Dont know if any game has stooped me and made me think that - but the original Bioshock had me stop dead in my tracks and reconsider every choice I had made in the game when you got to "that" part...
  10. A person got my account info and he corupted my files for my games and I can tell login to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A person got my account info and he corupted my files for my games and I can tell login to...: A person got my account info. And corupted my files and i cant get on my games how do i ge tmy files back and be abke to get on my games again 01226d94-d999-4c81-a4b1-8cb3e6668834