Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do

Discus and support Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All Literally ran out of ideas on how to solve this problem. Basically my Xbox One won't download any updates/games and just comes up with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jigster01, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Jigster01
    Jigster01 Guest

Hi All

Literally ran out of ideas on how to solve this problem.

Basically my Xbox One won't download any updates/games and just comes up with "Installation Stopped" and "We had to stop installing. If you're still connected, try installing later, when your network might be faster (0X87E00005)". However it installs apps
    perfectly without any problems

Tested the network speed and statistics on my Xbox and came back with the following:

Download speed: 24.17MBPS

Upload Speed: 19.43MBPS

Packet Loss: 0%

MTU: 1386

Latency: 54 ms

I've already tried resetting my router and reset my console back to the factory settings and still nothing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

:)

Jigster01, Feb 17, 2020
  2. reubenrawcliffe Win User

I have had the same problem since the last xbox update my Huawei AI cube with three is fine three said its all working how can I fix the issue as its been forever now what's the best solution Thanks.
  3. ernie.1 Win User

Ok i called three network, they passed me to second level support who told me to change my router to 3g only !! ( i was surprised) they made some changes on their side and bingo!! All working. I have just tried changing to my other router (exactly the
    same router with a different sim card, contract and phone umber) changed the router to 3g only connected xbox to it and I get the installation stopped error. Changed back to original router all ok! So the other changes three made on their side have sorted
    it. i will call three tomorrow to get my other account and router sorted. I will update this thread. hope this helps someone. p.s. the changes three made have not affected my download speed still get between 15 - 20 Mbps 👍��
  4. Jigster01 Win User

Screenshot

[​IMG]
  5. Kareem Midani Win User

Hi there! It seems that most resources say that usually this error code can be resolved with a power cycle to the Xbox itself. If you have not already I suggest holding the power button for 10 seconds until you hear the console turn off completely,
    once it is off, unplug the power cord for roughly 30 seconds to a minute. Then restart it Please keep me updated if that worked.
    Tried this multiple times but still having problems downloading updates/games.

Sorry to hear that :(

Have you tried checking if you've made yourself aware of the possible

issues listed below:

Ownership – Do you own the content you are trying to Update / Install?

Power Cycling – Have you tried hard-rebooting your console?

Follow the steps below:

– Hold the Power Button for 9-10 seconds while the system is still on.

– Unplug the Xbox Power Supply from your console.

– Allow at least 1-2minutes.

– Replug the Xbox Power Supply plug to your console and turn it on.

Reinstalling Xbox User Profile – Have you tried signing out (Deleting your Profile from your Xbox), restarting your Xbox
    and Downloading it again?

If these steps enlisted above don't help,

please update us and let us know.

We are here to help!
  6. Jigster01 Win User

I have around 1TB left on my hard drive so shouldn't be a problem with space.

I have tried connecting via my phone's hot spot and that's got it working but ideally don't want to use my phone's data!

On my normal router where I'm having the problems, I can play multiplayer games but just won't download updates or any new game.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Games not updating / installing but apps do - Similar Threads - Games updating installing

2. Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox (Beta) App and Gaming Services App wont install or update: I am trying to use the xbox (beta) app on my pc running windows ten, but when I try to install it gives me the error code: Code: 0x80070005. I also get this code when I try to install or update...
  3. Xbox One X not Installing digital games or updates

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X not Installing digital games or updates: My Xbox One X Scorpio Edition is not installing any digital games or updates for any games. Disc installs work fine, as do app installs, which is the weirdest part about it. I have done all the...
  4. Can't install GamingServices, Xbox app, or any games on Win 10 as of recent Xbox app update...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install GamingServices, Xbox app, or any games on Win 10 as of recent Xbox app update...: I went through the ring of fire the last few hours because I accidentally messed up my PC because of this issue. The game i have installed, Sea of Thieves, works fine, but I'm afraid to uninstall...
  5. Can't install GamingServices or any games on Win 10 as of recent GamingServices update...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install GamingServices or any games on Win 10 as of recent GamingServices update...: I went through the ring of fire the last few hours because I accidentally messed up my PC because of this issue. The game i have installed, Sea of Thieves, works fine, but I'm afraid to uninstall...
  6. Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One unable to download system update or install any type of game: Hi All, want to check if anyone has a solution for the problem here. Have been trying to install the console system updates, but it always get stuck for hours and I have to hard restart the...
  7. Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with installing and updating games and apps on Xbox One: Hello, I have recently ran into an issue with updating and installing games from the microsoft store on my Xbox One console. Whenever I try to set an update going or install a game from the...
  8. My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox will not install or update any games or apps: So i have had this problem many times now and it has fixed it self after a day but now has not fixed it self for about a week now and the xbox help chat line is very bad for customer support. So...
  9. Unable to update or install any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update or install any game: I am getting an installation stopped on all my games. Apps updating fine though, I have tried all avenues to try and fix this. Reset console. Reset router. Tried different DNS. Not install...
  10. Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to install any updates to games or apps, new purchases also fail.: After latest update build: 464.2001.10001.70 my console has prompted me to update every install. Except now all the downloads fail. They run a couple of seconds than give multiple error codes. New...