XBOX One. Games won't start.

Discus and support XBOX One. Games won't start. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a XBOX Game Pass-subscription, again. Now my games won't start. None of the games, not even the ones I've bought in Microsoft Store or on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SimonKappel, Nov 7, 2019.

1. SimonKappel
    SimonKappel Guest

I just bought a XBOX Game Pass-subscription, again. Now my games won't start. None of the games, not even the ones I've bought in Microsoft Store or on a disc. What's wrong?

:)

SimonKappel, Nov 7, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Simon,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to start games on your Xbox One console that are through Xbox Game Pass.

Our suggestion here, please attempt following our Xbox One game troubleshooting support article for steps that you can
    try involving many of the reasons when a game will not start. If there is an error message involved, please feel free to allow us the knowledge of that error is as this may be related to the subscription or the account. Try this out for us and then let us
    know the results.

Best wishes!
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

are you getting any error codes?
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

Have you tried a reset? old the power button 10+ seconds until console go off, then power back on and try again.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi SimonKappel

Are you presented with any error code screens? Could you perhaps share some screenshots?
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Have you tried resetting the console while keeping your games and apps?
Thema:

1. XBOX One. Games won't start. - Similar Threads - Games won't start

2. Xbox One games won't start, but Xbox 360 ones will

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One games won't start, but Xbox 360 ones will: Hello, I have a Xbox One S All Digital Edition. I have both retro compatibility games (Xbox 360) and Xbox One games. The Xbox 360 games work just fine, but the Xbox One games don't. Some of them...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 won't start without game pass: I bought Forza horizon four through third party whilst I had Xbox game pass. Now that I cancelled my subscription for game pass I can no longer access the game despite the fact that I have bought...
  4. I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start

in XBoX on Windows
    I just bought Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate after playing the base game, but now it won't start: I downloaded the base game through Xbox game pass a few days ago, and I loved it (I want to be clear; when playing the base game it worked PERFECTLY even at max graphics settings on my rig), so I...
  5. Game won't start after update. error code 0x800701e7

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game won't start after update. error code 0x800701e7: After updating call of duty, I'm getting error code 0x800701e7. Resetting my console hasn't worked. 7ec3aeaf-5fa2-4d94-8b30-da161c449eb8
  6. Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games won't start... Shows up startup screen and closes itself to Home Screen: I own Xbox One. I am using this from last 4 years. Recently i could not use it for 6 months or so. It was sitting idle in power off state. Last week i switched it on and it said to update and i...
  7. Some Game Pass Games Won't Start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some Game Pass Games Won't Start: I've had the gamepass on my Xbox for a while now and never had an issue. But, a few days ago i tried playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps and it wouldn't go past the black screen that appears...
  8. XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOneX Blank Screen / unable to log in / Games won't start: At least once a day i encounter anyone of the following problems when i start the console up, a black screen (Hard Reset to fix), Can't log into my profile (Hard Reset to fix) or games just don't...
  9. 360 games won't start on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games won't start on Xbox One: I'm trying to play Portal 2 on my Xbox One but it's coming up with an error when I click on the game icon to run/install it. The error says "Something went wrong. Give it another try. If this...
  10. HELP MY GAME WON'T START

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP MY GAME WON'T START: So I decided to update my console using a hotspot, it finished but then Red Dead Redemption 2 started to update and I ran out of hotspot (I DO NOT HAVE WIFI) well I canceled the update, game...