Xbox one getting accidentally turned off during update

Discus and support Xbox one getting accidentally turned off during update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was updating my Xbox one and the power cord got ripped out and it is frozen on step 3. I have tried to reset the console to keep games and profile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jbaxter238, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Jbaxter238
    Jbaxter238 Guest

So I was updating my Xbox one and the power cord got ripped out and it is frozen on step 3. I have tried to reset the console to keep games and profile but that did not work, then I tried to reset the console to factory settings, that also failed, then
    I tried to install update offline via USB and throughout the process and got to step 10 that basically said that device needs to be repaired. I am curious what the problem is and if it could be fixed or to get a new Xbox console.

:)

Jbaxter238, Aug 2, 2019
  2. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Jbaxter238,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums in regards to this situation. If you have been unsuccessful in

Factory Resetting
    or performing the
    Offline System Update
    then your best option would be to set up the repair for the console. You can always register your console through the

Device Support Website
    so that you may set up a repair for the Xbox.

I hope this helps.
  3. ZTROOPER16 Win User

any tips for xbox one setup?

don't turn it off during the update
  4. Charlesby Win User

One Turns Off During Mandatory Updating

The update went through. The only difference was I reset my router... That and I was worshiping Jesus on my guitar while practicing for tonight's service. I bet the latter did the trick ;-)
  5. Charlesby Win User

I'm not entirely sure whether it is downloading or installing... The update is 1969MB it says if I remember correctly. All I know is that 3 times it has shut down while "updating".

The box is plugged directly into a wall outlet which has never done weird things before.. I've used it to charge my electronics and run the fan all night long. I'm also not sure what takes it so long to update. It takes about an hour to get to 20% and then
    another 15 minutes just to hit 27%.
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Usually the box does not shut down while downloading the update files. Even if you do not move the controller. So is the box still in the download process or already installing the files?

Have you tried plugging the power supply directly to a wall outlet? Maybe it's some power failure.
Thema:

1. Xbox one getting accidentally turned off during update - Similar Threads - getting accidentally turned

2. I accidentally lost my save file on Just Cause 4 on xbox one and I'm desperate to get it back.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally lost my save file on Just Cause 4 on xbox one and I'm desperate to get it back.: Hours were spent playing then I accidentally deleted it. 24449a20-5ecf-4e6c-ae30-0b5b37c456ae
  3. I accidentally deleted my saved data everywhere is there absolutely no way to get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my saved data everywhere is there absolutely no way to get it back?: Accidentally deleted my saved data everywhere is there absolutely no way to get it back? d46c4287-9052-42d0-bc1d-df854ce7497a
  4. i accidentally reset my xbox 1, how do I get my stuff back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally reset my xbox 1, how do I get my stuff back.: how do i get back my stuff after accidentally resetting my xbox 1 903af5db-9438-4e2c-a9ce-396b0db4c049
  5. Can i get unbanned my friend accidentally reported me his intention was not to get me banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i get unbanned my friend accidentally reported me his intention was not to get me banned: Unbanned me plz ***Moved from Windows 10 / Ease of access*** be082b6e-2ecf-4dde-be05-faf3375f9357
  6. I accidentally deleted my "Messages from Xbox Live" conversation. Any way to get copies of ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I accidentally deleted my "Messages from Xbox Live" conversation. Any way to get copies of ...: I had a few codes that I hadn't used yet. Any help would be appreciated. 80749fa2-e001-4a66-b877-7769e0b987f6
  7. I accidentally clicked on getting premium. I want to cancel.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally clicked on getting premium. I want to cancel.: I do not want premium. I accidentally clicked on it trying to play on the app which came with Windows 10 and wound up with X-Box and premium. I have no intention for paying for a game I can play...
  8. I accidentally bought a wrong DLC, can I get a refund to buy something else?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I accidentally bought a wrong DLC, can I get a refund to buy something else?: Yesterday, I accidentally bought the Fallout Mash-Up pack for the Minecraft XBOX ONE edition, while I wanted to buy this exact pack for the normal Minecraft, they cost the same. Am I able to get...
  9. Accidentally deleted captures, can I restore my system to an earlier time or get them back AT ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accidentally deleted captures, can I restore my system to an earlier time or get them back AT ...: So, here's what happened: Right after the newest update on 10/19/17, I went to access my captures. They were there, but I made a mistake. I clicked 'Recent captures' -> 'See All' I...
  10. I by accidentally deleted my device on the Preview Dashboard. Now i can'y get it back

in XBoX on Consoles
    I by accidentally deleted my device on the Preview Dashboard. Now i can'y get it back: Hello, I by accidentally deleted my xbox from the Preview, and now it wont work and I keep getting an unauthorized code. Is there way I can get it back on my device? Thank you for your time....