Xbox One Gift Card - Does the money go to the account or is it linked to the email?

Discus and support Xbox One Gift Card - Does the money go to the account or is it linked to the email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Right now I have 2 emails linked to my Microsoft account. When I go to redeem the Gift Card code the Xbox screen displays that it will go to email A.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Abby Z, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Abby Z
    Abby Z Guest

Xbox One Gift Card - Does the money go to the account or is it linked to the email?

Right now I have 2 emails linked to my Microsoft account. When I go to redeem the Gift Card code the Xbox screen displays that it will go to email A. So if I delete email A (I want email B to replace email A), will I lose the money that is there?

:)

Abby Z, Apr 13, 2020
  2. pjameleven Win User

Hi Abby Z,

You won't lose the money from your gift card. The money from the card is tied to your account. You can change the email and it shouldn't affect the money being credited to the account. Hope that helps, happy gaming!
  3. NeoDan123 Win User

The credit is linked to the account that has redeemed the gift card.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

It will always be credited to the account that you used it for, even if you change emails associated with that account.
  5. Viper7Gamer Win User

Just sign on to your Xbox with the account you want. Then go to Store
    tab and select Use a code. That way it goes to the signed in account.
  6. Kumikochan Win User

complaint about bad customer service

Nope it's split up on the same region and the same account. When i go to the link you gave me i see a gift card i added but when i go to this link
    account.microsoft.com

It shows the different gift card i added. The guy on the xbox support chat also said that the money is split off on the same account and doesn't know a fix for it, also told me Microsoft would call me to resolve it but they still didn't.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Gift Card - Does the money go to the account or is it linked to the email? - Similar Threads - Gift Card Does

2. Does anyone have the answer for 90 Day expiring Microsoft gift cards and preordering?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does anyone have the answer for 90 Day expiring Microsoft gift cards and preordering?: if I preorder let's say an Xbox Series X and pay only half with expiring gift cards and half with a credit card and the preorder is longer then 90 days out, will I lose my 90 day expiring gift...
  3. GIFT CARD NO REDIME[Gift card does not redeem]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    GIFT CARD NO REDIME[Gift card does not redeem]: Buenas noches comunidad; Le compré una Gift Card en USA a mi hijo; cuando quiero redimirla en Colombia me lo impide por no ser comprada en este país, alguna sugerencia para poder redimirla? es de...
  4. Does xbox gift cards counts to Microsoft Windows 10 balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does xbox gift cards counts to Microsoft Windows 10 balance: [Solved] So. I was trying to recently going buy a new game. Unfortunately I may need to go a microsoft store and buy those 50 dollars gift cards.Which would take me 1 and a half hour to go to the...
  5. Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gift Card redeemed but does not show on the console due to currency difference: Hi I guess I am having a rather unique problem. Microsoft Support wasn't able to solve it earlier. I have redeemed a CAD $25 XBOX gift card to my Microsoft account that I use on my xBox 360...
  6. My Gift Card does not work

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    My Gift Card does not work: Hi everyone. A while ago, I bought a $ 5 Gift Card to be able to join Xbox Live (Ultimate). But when I want to buy Xbox Ultimate and use my Microsoft Balance to perform the Transaction, I can not...
  7. Mi codigo de mi gift card no se ve bien [Translation-My gift card code does not look good]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mi codigo de mi gift card no se ve bien [Translation-My gift card code does not look good]: La gift card que compre al momento de tallar el codigo se borro y ahora no se que codigo es ?! [Mod Translation-The gift card I bought at the time of carving the code was deleted and now I do not...
  8. Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Does anyone know how to check if your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it to your ...: How do you check your Xbox gift card balance, without adding it onto your account? 88399376-9ff0-4332-86e7-19560ed3920d
  9. how long does it take to get the 5 dollar gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    how long does it take to get the 5 dollar gift card: I did all the requirements to get the $5 gift card and i was wondering how long does it take to get the gift card d06f1418-3535-47cb-a6ba-5929bcdd92b4
  10. Does one still get money from gift cards even if a credit card is set up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does one still get money from gift cards even if a credit card is set up?: The title says it all. My friend have a credit card set up and I'd like to offer him money with a gift card. I just want to be sure he will get that money. It might be a stupid question because...