XBox One Guide - Won't change channel or volume; Hardware?

Discus and support XBox One Guide - Won't change channel or volume; Hardware? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I think I may have a hardware issue with my recently purchased XBox. I've been researching and tweaking settings for weeks to no avail. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ikemberg, May 5, 2015.

1. Ikemberg
    Ikemberg Guest

Hi,

I think I may have a hardware issue with my recently purchased XBox. I've been researching and tweaking settings for weeks to no avail.

I have the Comcast Motorola DCX3400 hooked up to the xbox. While I can view the OneGuide, it does not allow me to select. I'm using the code 1376, but have tried all of them on http://www.ueisupport.com/

I've tried a hard reset-- holding for 10 seconds and unplugging. No luck.

Suggestions?

What do I do if it's hardware on the xbox?

:)

Ikemberg, May 5, 2015
  2. Jesh425
    Jesh425 Guest
    Am I missing something?

It worked all fine and I could see the picture and volume just cant change the channel through the one guide but No I don't have the Kinect I can change my channel with my regular remote on the xbox one but I cant use the one guide with it so its kind if
    pointless, but I was wondering would the Xbox one media remote work for changing the channels through the one guide? or do I need the Kinect no matter to change channels through one guide? Kinda pointless if I cant use the one guide and just my regular remote
    on my xbox, ill go out and get the media remote if that's what I need

Jesh425, May 5, 2015
  3. big fat bomb
    big fat bomb Guest
    Xbox One not Changing TV Channels

I have a Time Warner Cable Scientific Atlantic Explorer 8240HDC running into my Xbox One running into a Vizio television. My live TV functions work for the most part... I get a picture, I can power on, change volume, and mute, and I can pull up the guide.
    But it won't change the channel. It hears my commands: "Watch ESPN" pops up on the screen, and it goes to the channel on the guide. But the channel itself isn't actually changing. What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

big fat bomb, May 5, 2015
  4. Jesh425 Win User

Am I missing something?

It worked all fine and I could see the picture and volume just cant change the channel through the one guide but No I don't have the Kinect I can change my channel with my regular remote on the xbox one but I cant use the one guide with it so its kind if
    pointless, but I was wondering would the Xbox one media remote work for changing the channels through the one guide? or do I need the Kinect no matter to change channels through one guide? Kinda pointless if I cant use the one guide and just my regular remote
    on my xbox, ill go out and get the media remote if that's what I need
  5. BucShot Win User

IR Code for Channel Master TV Box

Exact same question here, one year later. Also, the xbox one guide won't change the channel of the cm-7000pal dvr. Anyone?
  6. OneWhoKnocks206 Win User

Need help setting up Xfinity X1 box with Xbox one

Same problem here. I have picture, guide works fine. Won't change channels.

I can even bring up the Comcast guide using the Comcast remote, but will not change the channel.
  7. Neonsafari Win User

Xbox One Live TV OTA Support

Rather than pay $99 for an OTA Tuner, why not use the IR to tune my set's OTA capability. You can turn the set on, you can change the volume, why not build in IR to change the channels as listed on the Guide?
  8. SuperStevoXxX Win User

OneGuide on Xbox One Error: "We've lost your TV listing"

I get the TV Guide now, but I can't change channels using my xbox remote or the one guide TV listing.
Thema:

1. XBox One Guide - Won't change channel or volume; Hardware? - Similar Threads - Guide Won't change

2. Audio not working for apps but working on the guide

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio not working for apps but working on the guide: My volume is working for the guide just fine but when I try to play games the audio isnt working. It does this for all ther apps. Please Help!!! 0ff04bb4-626e-4c23-b755-041d083295e7
  3. Notification alerts in the Guide

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notification alerts in the Guide: About 4or5 days ago I noticed that the alerts in the guide stopped opening to view them. Insted of opening they just disappear as if marked as read, but once they are gone and I come out the alert...
  4. Is this just me or does it irritate you guys that the main guide tab icon is not fully...

in XboX Insiders
    Is this just me or does it irritate you guys that the main guide tab icon is not fully...: [IMG] submitted by /u/LavAsian [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't start up, black screen "Update in progress, guide should be ready soon (0x80073d00)": Hi, When i start the Xbox i see the green Xbox screen than a black screen. When i press the Xbox button the controller it shows a black screen with: Update in progress Guide should be ready...
  6. Xbox One Guide won't play TV stations

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Guide won't play TV stations: I have a hauppauge digital tv tuner connected to my Xbox One. It's pretty great and ordinarily works fine. However, today, I get a "We can't find that channel" error when ever I try to watch TV....
  7. One Guide won't change channels AT&T Uverse

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One Guide won't change channels AT&T Uverse: I'm using one guide without the kinect and it can not switch channels. Any tips? It knows what channels have what on them, but it can't switch to the channel. c53413c1-0533-4206-ab30-3caa6d773a96
  8. Home Screen Guide won't appear! HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Screen Guide won't appear! HELP: When I'm on my home screen I press the Glowing big X button on my controller to get the guide to pop up and my screen gets a bit dark but the guide never appears, even in games or streaming apps...
  9. [GUIDE] HELP! My Console Won't Power On - Solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    [GUIDE] HELP! My Console Won't Power On - Solution: Picture this - You get home from a long day of school or work and just want to unwind with some Xbox time. You plop down into your favorite chair, throw on your headset, grab your controller and...
  10. My Xbox Guide Won't Refresh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Guide Won't Refresh: Recently when using my Xbox One S, I've tried to join a friend's party or just see who's online playing what. When I press the guide button and view my friends list, it shows people, parties, and...