Xbox one has a muted Mic icon on the main page

Discus and support Xbox one has a muted Mic icon on the main page in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just got a new xbox one and have tried to connect a new headset to it, Turtle Beach Recon 70X. I cannot use the chat on it and I also cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by paulhayes9, Oct 1, 2019.

1. paulhayes9
    paulhayes9 Guest

I have just got a new xbox one and have tried to connect a new headset to it, Turtle Beach Recon 70X. I cannot use the chat on it and I also cannot hear on it. I know the console and the headset are working and I have tried all the troubleshooting guides
    I can find online. I really need to get this fixed.

:)

paulhayes9, Oct 1, 2019
  2. RedCarGamer Win User

Did you get any communication suspension? You can find if you have here in
    Xbox Enforcement
  3. LFC JAY E 9193 Win User

Does the headset work in anything else? Also is there another controller to try?
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

my xbox is muted

Headset adapter support
    page will help you and as XBF Brad A suggested above,

#9 is the main fix for this issue.

Edit... A Full Shutdown from Settings>Power and starup>Turn off>Full Shutdown resolved this issue for me today after I got the Muted upright mic icon from start up.

Its the first time a firmware update did not work and the first time seeing only the mic icon. Normally I would see Headset and mic icon.
  5. Zero420override Win User

Xbox one s constantly crashing

6. Bazajaytee Win User

Possible to set up online chat so I don't hear anyone unless I have a mic plugged in?

The Xbox One doesn't currently have global settings like mute all by default.

Each game handles muting differently and some do offer a mute all option when in a game lobby and the button prompt is highlighted at the bottom of the screen.

Even though you have a mic icon next to your name no one can hear you with your mic unplugged. That is just an issue in some games where it doesn't clear the icon either by design choice or a minor bug.
Thema:

1. Xbox one has a muted Mic icon on the main page - Similar Threads - has muted Mic

2. How long has it taken for most people to get into xcloud and what are the four games?

in XboX Insiders
    How long has it taken for most people to get into xcloud and what are the four games?: Sorry this probably gets asked a bunch submitted by /u/CKCJamie [link] [comments]
  3. How do I recover my download that has been reset?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I recover my download that has been reset?: Hello.. I have a small connection and I download Metro exodus and it has been reset... how can I put it back where it was before? 5b686f0f-00db-45c3-9479-f1c056459237
  4. Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity': My son has an Xbox and I've regularly added funds to his account to buy games. Last week I tried to add some money and got a message saying the payment had failed and I needed to contact...
  5. My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...: was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top right or bottom left depending on screen layout - why?! we have restarted by doing the 10 second thing - we have checked settings - but he...
  6. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  7. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...
  8. Why has messaging, muting, blocking, unblocking, and the store been running like crap the past ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has messaging, muting, blocking, unblocking, and the store been running like crap the past ...: The title says it all. It's been total **** since March(ish). What's the deal? a170b388-817b-4de2-b78c-435ba8481aea
  9. Bought a used gamer tag and system and finds out it has a 14 day mute

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought a used gamer tag and system and finds out it has a 14 day mute: I just bought bought a used gamer tag and system today and found out the out was muted for 14 days is there anyway around this problem I just wanna play my game with my in real life friends please...
  10. Communication BAN "Ghost Ban" My Suspension for Communications has been up. Yet I'm still MUTED

in XBoX on Consoles
    Communication BAN "Ghost Ban" My Suspension for Communications has been up. Yet I'm still MUTED: So I have been hit by a Communications BAN. After the 2 weeks of being muted my suspension should've been up. Sadly I am in a "Ghost BAN" no Case Review button on enforcement.xbox.com(Probably...