Xbox One having trouble reading discs

Discus and support Xbox One having trouble reading discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I bought my used Original (Fat) Xbox One about a 2 weeks ago. The purpose of me buying it was to take it with me on vacation so I have something to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nick Stalburg, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Xbox One having trouble reading discs

So, I bought my used Original (Fat) Xbox One about a 2 weeks ago. The purpose of me buying it was to take it with me on vacation so I have something to do while I am not going out or swimming. The Xbox was originally bought in late 2015 in Germany. Before
    taking it on vacation I tested every new feature (Since I used to have a 360) and preparing it for offline use. I installed a few apps (Blu-Ray player, Media Player etc.), and before putting it in my car amongst all the other bits of furniture, suitcases etc.
    I was taking with me I wrapped it neatly with a layer of thick bubble wrap as per the instructions given in the "How to prepare your Xbox for shipping" thread. When I got there everything worked fine, but when I put in my DVDs (That worked before) they make
    this awful clicking noise and they don't get past the Language Select screen (They just freeze once any option is selected). This is very annoying since I use my Xbox as a media center. Also, even before I went on my trip, most game discs didn't read every
    time (Requiring me to take them out and put them back in), but it wasn't a big issue until I started using my brand new GTA V disc. Now, when I put it in, it makes the worst grinding /clicking/suffering you've ever heard. And once it stops and I click on the
    game, it just gives the standard "Try reinserting disc" error. This is of course until I press the eject button (???) on the console, when after 5 seconds, I hear the disc reading normally and once I press the button to launch the game, it launches with no
    issues and runs fine for the remainder of my gaming session. Now, this is all very confusing, and if any of you nice folk know what is happening here, please tell me since it truly baffles me. Thanks in advance for your assistance, Nick.

:)

Nick Stalburg, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Nick Stalburg Win User

Well that sucks since I really like my Xbox. As someone who already experienced issues with their previous console it makes me think that I honestly have no luck with used hardware. My 360 had problems where GTA would just randomly restart, until the next
    owner (my friend) realized it was just a faulty disc. So, my course of action is to track down a new disc reader and replace it myself (and yes I am aware of the risks, but at this point I don't think that even clumsy me could mess it up more lol). Anyways
    thanks for the help!
  3. Nick Stalburg Win User

The Xbox is completely flat and I power cycled it multiple times. It would really suck if i needed to replace it since it works perfectly otherwise. Also, it is way out of the warranty period, and since I built multiple PCs and worked on my 360, I might
    aswell open it up and replace the disc reader because I would hate to wase perfectly good and easily repairable tech. Anyways, thanks for the quick reply Ruben! Really appreciate it!
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey Guys and Gals,

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further

questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forums.

Happy gaming and Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Nick,

Sounds like the console, whoever owned it previously was having disk issues so the n sold it. Now you got it and the disk drive sounds like it has totally gave out unfortunately. In this case I wouldn't even keep trying disks if making all that noise, as
    it may damage them.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello there,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to your issue, have you tried

Power Cycling the Xbox One
    ? If not, I would suggest trying that as a viable option. If it is still making noises afterwards I would then suggest trying to reposition the console to make sure that it's positioned correctly. However, if it continues to make
    a grinding noise you will need to seek a replacement unit for your Xbox One since we no longer service the Original Xbox One.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Xbox One having trouble reading discs - Similar Threads - having trouble reading

2. Having trouble with playing BC games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble with playing BC games?: Hello fellow ambassadors! Im trying to play Bayonetta BC on Xbox One s and everytime I go to sign in, it says this profile cant sign in to Xbox Live on this console, please reinstall the account...
  3. Having trouble with xbox one error code E200 00000074 00000000

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble with xbox one error code E200 00000074 00000000: Having trouble getting xbox one getting E200 00000074 00000000 error and it's as if it's going through a constant startup cycle green screen then get asked to update ....
  4. Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disk drive having trouble reading disk.(makes jet engine sound)-Xbox One X: I had an issue with my Xbox One X not being able to read the disk. When the disk was inserted, it made a jet engine sound, and the software did not see a disk. I troubleshooted this problem by...
  5. I have a big trouble

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a big trouble: What happens in my account when I want to cange a gift card, I enter the code and I give it next it sends me to (add a billing address) I enter the data and I give it next but it leaves me in the...
  6. Having trouble with hard drive Reading and installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble with hard drive Reading and installation: Hi I have a problem with hard drive Reading and game install if anybody know how to fix it please help me fast 4e99f774-b95f-47b1-99a6-221d7e0ac5e4
  7. Having trouble with hard drive Reading and installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble with hard drive Reading and installation: Hi I have a problem with hard drive breathing and game install if anybody know how to fix it please help me fast 7f66e88b-fcaa-4006-89e6-87e25a5ef3f2
  8. having trouble with new update? read please

in XBoX on Consoles
    having trouble with new update? read please: ok i thought mine was froze forever at the applying as well, i actually put a piece of tape on tv to see, and from about the 70 to 75% area it goes so slow it seems to not be moving, but it is so...
  9. Having trouble getting Xbox to read game discs.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble getting Xbox to read game discs.: As the title states, I am having trouble getting my Xbox to read game discs. Some discs will read fine and others I have to open and close the tray several times before it will work. Some dont...
  10. MY XBOX IS HAVING TROUBLE READING GAME DISCS

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX IS HAVING TROUBLE READING GAME DISCS: needless to say i have some games that are scratched and some that are not. that's not the point my xbox 360 most of the time has trouble reading games. i did a couple of tests (mostly with game...