Xbox One HDD Died

Discus and support Xbox One HDD Died in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a friend where his Xbox One HDD died, and he bought a SSD to replace it, thinking that he can just put it in and it'll work, but it said it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vdn20, Apr 6, 2018.

1. vdn20
    vdn20 Guest

Xbox One HDD Died

Hi,

I have a friend where his Xbox One HDD died, and he bought a SSD to replace it, thinking that he can just put it in and it'll work, but it said it isn't formatted. I looked around and it looks like that trying to install the OS yourself could get you banned
    from Xbox Live. What would be the best or recommended course of action? I'm guessing that sending in the HDD to Microsoft for repairs or something would be the way to go, but don't know how much that costs and whatnot. Is it possible to just buy a replacement
    HDD, or is it possible to just connect it externally and everything will work fine even with the internal drive being dead?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

vdn20, Apr 6, 2018
  2. HDD died

Last night my HDD on my Xbox one S died and the console is out of warranty.

I have a new HDD but I need to know how to get the OS for my Xbox one S onto the new HDD ?

Mike&lindi, Apr 6, 2018
  3. HDD died

If you’re asking how to replace the internal HDD on the system I’m afraid you won’t get a response as it’s not an officially supported process without sending your system in for a repair which you can do so here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

coco meat train, Apr 6, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Xbox One HDD Died

If it's the internal drive he would need to send the console in for repair. However, if he has already opened the console Microsoft will no longer touch it.

Otherwise, there would be no way for him to load the OS files to an external drive in order to run the console.

Smwutches, Apr 6, 2018
  5. vdn20
    vdn20 Guest
    Thank you for the information. Just to be sure, I'm guess that the OS is installed on the internal drive, and will need that even if I have an external I want to use?

Thanks

vdn20, Apr 6, 2018
  6. vdn20
    vdn20 Guest
    Thank you for all the help.

vdn20, Nov 1, 2018
  7. vdn20 Win User

Xbox One HDD Died

Yes
    Thank you for all the help.
  8. vdn20 Win User

Xbox One HDD Died

If it's the internal drive he would need to send the console in for repair. However, if he has already opened the console Microsoft will no longer touch it.

Otherwise, there would be no way for him to load the OS files to an external drive in order to run the console.
    Thank you for the information. Just to be sure, I'm guess that the OS is installed on the internal drive, and will need that even if I have an external I want to use?

Thanks
  9. Smwutches Win User

Xbox One HDD Died

10. coco meat train Win User

HDD died

If you’re asking how to replace the internal HDD on the system I’m afraid you won’t get a response as it’s not an officially supported process without sending your system in for a repair which you can do so here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices
  11. The Viral Cyrix Win User

HDD died

You cant fix it. It needs to be carried out by an approved Microsoft technician at the xbox service center
Thema:

Xbox One HDD Died

1. Xbox One HDD Died - Similar Threads - HDD Died

2. Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x hdd and syncing problems: So I'm having trouble with two things. First the Series X won't recognize my 4tb hdd at all and second every time I have to hard reset the console (which is a lot) it disconnects all controllers....
  3. Optimised HDD and SSD :for this Xbox does reduce loading times ?

in XboX Insiders
    Optimised HDD and SSD :for this Xbox does reduce loading times ?: Hello I've seen that there are a new option for external HDD and SSD and Seagate Storage Cards named Optimized Storage for an Xbox If we activate it, does it reduced loading times for :...
  4. HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail

in XboX Insiders
    HDD died days after update, tried replacing it to no avail: I was part of the Insider Program Omega, had an update, a few days later my Xbox HDD dies. I cannot replace the drive because that would require an OSU1 offline installation on the new drive which...
  5. Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101

in XboX Insiders
    Need help please xbox hdd swap error e101: Trying to upgrade hdd but I'm an insider so I'm getting e101 errors since the update is older how can I get the new update on USB orxim stuck with a broken xbox submitted by /u/cmp2005 [link]...
  6. Series controller disconnect issue, external hdd

in XboX Insiders
    Series controller disconnect issue, external hdd: Hi, I've seen some twitter and reddit posts about controller disconnect issues and just wanted to share my experience. I've had this issue as well, but what i noticed is that it only happens when...
  7. External hdd died on xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hdd died on xbox one s: Hi Since the October update for my xbox one s my external wouldn't go sleep stayed on after doing all things sort it out with Microsoft and with seagate nothing worked, now this morning woke up...
  8. HDD died

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDD died: Last night my HDD on my Xbox one S died and the console is out of warranty. I have a new HDD but I need to know how to get the OS for my Xbox one S onto the new HDD ?...
  9. External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive has died, trying to install disc to Internal HDD but no luck...: Hi, I have a 500GB internal HDD on my xbox one and a 1TB external HDD which I install a lot of games on. My external HDD has failed and I believe I'll need to get a new one. In the meantime, I...
  10. Xbox cuts off and dies after 10-20 mins - apparent hdd failure. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cuts off and dies after 10-20 mins - apparent hdd failure. Help?: I've had my Xbox 360 for around 18 months. It is a slim 250gb. It has always worked perfectly, but around an hour ago I was playing a game when it suddenly cut out and wouldn't reboot until it was...