Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X?

Discus and support Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox one HDMI is broken. Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X? I cannot do the back up or transfer on the bad console. Can I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoahWelkis, May 23, 2020.

1. NoahWelkis
    NoahWelkis Guest

Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X?

Xbox one HDMI is broken. Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X? I cannot do the back up or transfer on the bad console. Can I access the hard drive as an external when I set up my new Xbox one X? Thank you!

:)

NoahWelkis, May 23, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

The cloud would only have your game saves. Everything else can be redownloaded when you sign in on the new console. The internal hard drives are not meant to be swapped out loke that and would violatw the terms of service, putting your new console at risk
    for being banned, if you were to do so.
  3. NoahWelkis Win User

Okay, but if your console dies after you are out of warranty and all your info is on the internal. How are you supposed to get your data off the old console? This is not rocket science! I have been in the computer business since the 90's and was MCSE certified
    way back. From win 3.1 to win 95 to win 10 now, you can take an internal drive out of a computer and connect it as an external to any computer and see everything and access the data. I can see it the old internal xbox one drive on my computer but the xbox
    one x does not even see the drive. I will be borrowing a working xbox one from a friend, swapping my drive for his so I can use the backup utility in settings to properly move the data to an external drive so the new xbox one x will see it. I just did not
    want to have to do this and Microsoft should have a utility to recover data from dead consoles with a computer to do the conversion for use as an external. Does the external drive need to be a 3.0
  4. Smwutches Win User

Okay, but if your console dies after you are out of warranty and all your info is on the internal. How are you supposed to get your data off the old console?
    Exactly as stated, you sign into your account and redownload everything. The game saves will resync when you start them.

Doing it any other way with the internal hard drive off the old console would violate the terms of service and we cannot give advice here on how to do that.
  5. BiasedSteam9 Win User

At least from what I was finding on the network, if you can transfer games from the hard drive from an xbox one to an xbox one x
  6. NoahWelkis Win User

I wanted to be able to access it as an external usb drive to get my data. 290 gigs. but after setting up the new xbox one x, it did not see it at all. I believe it is because it is not a backed up drive but a main drive. Is all 290 gigs in the cloud on
    my profile or just the games? Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox one HDMI broken, Can I take the hard drive out to connect to my new Xbox One X? - Similar Threads - HDMI broken hard

2. Broken Hdmi port in xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken Hdmi port in xbox: My xbox one s has a broken hdmi port and cant communicate with my tv. I wanted to know if there is an alternative way to do this or do i just buy a completely new one?...
  3. Hdmi port is broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hdmi port is broken: hello my hdmi port is broken. I have recently brought a usb to hdmi adaptor does this work or not. If not what other routes can i take as all other repair outlets are closed due to coronavirus...
  4. Broken Xbox HDMI Port

in XBoX Accessibility
    Broken Xbox HDMI Port: Hi, so my Xbox one has been broken for a while, (It's an Xbox One S), and it still turns on but the HDMI Out port is busted, I miss playing newer and more innovative games and late night gaming...
  5. HDMI our to tv is broken how to repair it

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI our to tv is broken how to repair it: My brother broke the hmdi port can it be hooked up another way 1d1d5be2-30b3-4b63-8953-c80319ec3189
  6. Broken HDMI Port Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Broken HDMI Port Xbox One S: Hello all, Was having some audio issues while watching videos, so I tried to swap out the HDMI cable, and it turns out that some of the prongs of the HDMI port broke off, and now the Xbox can't...
  7. HDMI Output To TV Is Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI Output To TV Is Broken: I have an Xbox One X that I've been using for a few months now. Two days ago when I turn it on my TV says "No connection". I made sure I was on the right input and I was. I plugged it into another...
  8. HDMI port is broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port is broken: [img] What do i do and how much would it cost me to repay it ? 6f922965-71e5-4540-9f90-018d0e5b97f2
  9. HDMI out port broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI out port broken: Xbox one fell. HDMI out port broken 3fc40427-1978-4af7-9347-58f2d7ba03bd
  10. Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft need to rectify this quick (X1X broken HDMI port): I've had this issue for a few weeks now where occasionally the screen would flicker or I'd get odd distortion. Finally, a couple days ago I'm no longer getting a signal to the TV. I've tried...