Xbox one HDMI Cable not working

Discus and support Xbox one HDMI Cable not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one HDMI cable won't connect to my T.V. meaning that I don't get a signal. I had this problem before and I switched the leads of the HDMI cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GhostImpostor, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Xbox one HDMI Cable not working

My Xbox one HDMI cable won't connect to my T.V. meaning that I don't get a signal. I had this problem before and I switched the leads of the HDMI cable around and it started working again. Now I have tried that and it still doesn't work. I tried multiple
    T.V's and tried a different HDMI cable and I still recieve no signal. I already had to have my Xbox one replaced because it would shut off on its own, so they sent me a new one and it worked perfectly fine until now. Any suggestions?

:)

GhostImpostor, Mar 15, 2014
  2. Peaky8Iinder
    Peaky8Iinder Guest
    Xbox One X bundled HDMI Cable is faulty

Hi,

the HDMI bundled with my new Xbox One X is not working since the day of purchase. The TV does not detect the Xbox if connected with this bundled HDMI cable. I have tried to connect my friend's Xbox One X with his TV (different from my TV) using my bundled
    HDMI cable but the result was the same i.e. his TV did not detect his Xbox. I am using a 3rd party HDMI cable in the interim to connect my Xbox One X to my TV since the day I bought this console. I am pretty sure the bundled HDMI cable is faulty. The retailer
    who sold the console to me (Harvey Norman Singapore) refused to exchange the faulty cable for a new working cable and instead asked me to contact Microsoft support. They also mentioned that my Xbox is covered under Microsoft on-site warranty and that once
    I contact Microsoft support, I will receive a new working HDMI cable for my Xbox One X from Microsoft.

Please advise on this.

Thank you

Peaky8Iinder, Mar 15, 2014
  3. Not getting a digital signal to my soundbar from XB1.

I have digital audio working.

Cable HDMI to XBox One

XBox One HDMI to TV (display only)

XBox One Optical out to Sound bar (Bitstream Dolby)

Girish Pattabiraman, Mar 15, 2014
  4. LAD29 Win User

Connecting xbox through AV Receiver? Issues

Hi

Can you add a bit more information, detail the cabling etc.

Is it like this:-

XBOX ONE --------hdmi cable--------> TV

this works fine, but

XBOX ONE-------hdmi cable---------> Yamaha amp -------hdmi cable-------> TV

doesn't work?
  5. PhillipStone24 Win User

Question: Will any HDMI cable work for the Xbox One?

Hey there, on the HDMI cable it works alot better with the Xbox one
  6. dresden80-AAA98A55-E Win User

Question: Will any HDMI cable work for the Xbox One?

Any HDMI cable will work. They just recently ratified the new standard of 1.4 so the cables are as follows:

As of the HDMI 1.4 specification, these are the following cable types defined for HDMI in general:]

Standard HDMI Cable – up to 1080i and 720p

Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet

Automotive HDMI Cable

High Speed HDMI Cable – 1080p, 4K, 3D and deep color

High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

So you don't NEED to purchase a High Speed HDMI cable, but it would be best for the future if / when the Xbox One goes to 1080p or 4k.
  7. A Largo Slacker Win User

HDMI No Signal

I stated that I used other HDMI Cables and another Tv. My xbox worked on the second tv with the same cable, and my laptop worked with the same HDMI cable on my Tv in the same HDMI Port. The Xbox, Tv, and HDMI cable work fine, they just won't work together
    right now for some reason.
  8. Miss Bijoux Win User

HDMI Cord won't connect

Hey JKKJE -

To clarify, does your Xbox One console work if you use a different HDMI cable? If so, it's entirely possible that you have a faulty HDMI cable. Can you try connecting your console using a different HDMI cable to see if that works? Or try using your Xbox's
    HDMI cable on a different device to see what happens?

If the cable is faulty, the best course would simply be to replace it.

Keep us posted! :)
Thema:

Xbox one HDMI Cable not working

1. Xbox one HDMI Cable not working - Similar Threads - HDMI Cable working

2. No signal for new HDMI cable, old one works but with problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    No signal for new HDMI cable, old one works but with problems: I have a Sanyo 24XR10F TV and an Xbox 360 arcade (purchased in 2010 and 2009, respectively). The old HDMI cable was fine until last year, when red pixels started flashing on dark areas of the...
  3. will xbox one s work without a hdmi sat/cable, can get video without but no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    will xbox one s work without a hdmi sat/cable, can get video without but no sound: will xbox one s work without a hdmi sat/cable, can get video without but no sound. Previous xbox 360 worked with normal hdmi between xbox and tv. 15002888-6269-4fdc-b4de-8e99e87c98ed
  4. My hdmi cable won't longer work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My hdmi cable won't longer work: I've recently connected the hdmi cable that's usually connected to the xbox one to my computer instead to display my computer screen on the TV, and after some time I went ahead and plugged it back...
  5. Problems with HDMI Cable working properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with HDMI Cable working properly: When I connect an HDMI cable the console wont allow me to choose 1080p or anything else besides 480p if I try to choose anything else it will either go to a black screen or begin to flicker and...
  6. Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim wont show any sort of display using HDMI but normal av cables work HDMI cable ...: no display using hdmi on xbox 360 slim 07ac2936-ce7b-4474-a83b-521af9145c2b
  7. A/V Audio Adapter and HDMI cable problem (won't work at the same time!)

in XBoX on Consoles
    A/V Audio Adapter and HDMI cable problem (won't work at the same time!): Hello Xbox Support. I have been playing Xbox 360 with speakers since I know of, and recently I've bought a Turtle Beach headset. Since I have an Xbox 360 Elite, the regular 360 Audio adapter...
  8. Xbox hdmi not working, AV cables do!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox hdmi not working, AV cables do!: I've been using my xbox 360 s(250gb) once or twice a week, today I've decided to turn it on and listen to Pandora on my home theater, but it was no dice. HDMI output is not being picked up by my...
  9. Supplied HDMI cable question (stopped working)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Supplied HDMI cable question (stopped working): Hey guys and gals, So I was playing Forza5 last night and all of a sudden my TV screen went black! I said oh F$%$!!! I could still here the game and when I...
  10. Will Connecting Xbox One To TV and Cable Box Work Via HDMI Splitter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Connecting Xbox One To TV and Cable Box Work Via HDMI Splitter?: I only have 1 HDMI port on my DishTv Cable Box, it's what I use to connect it to my TV. To watch TV on my Xbox I have to run an HDMI cord from Xbox to the cable box but I only have 1 HDMI port...