Xbox one headset stopped working again.

Discus and support Xbox one headset stopped working again. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Have an Xbox one X and a turtle beach recon 50 headset. Both worked fine for months the headset starting breaking up then died completely. Went through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DesertDwellerss, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Xbox one headset stopped working again.

Have an Xbox one X and a turtle beach recon 50 headset. Both worked fine for months the headset starting breaking up then died completely. Went through trouble shooting and found it worked fine on other devices.

So bought a new controller. It worked great for a few more months. Now the same thing happened and the headset plugged into controller does not work but does in other devices.

Went through troubleshooting steps and still not working. My guess is it is another bad controller but that makes no sense. When i go to the settings of the controller the volume is greyed out. It is like it is not being recognized at all.

I have reset the xbox and the controller with no luck. Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

:)

DesertDwellerss, Aug 3, 2019
  2. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Desert,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to utilize your Turtle Beach headset on your Xbox One console.

You have mentioned performing troubleshooting already, but we would like to confirm that the troubleshooting found on this
    set up and troubleshoot your Xbox One Stereo Headset support article has been tested.

If so, it is suggested to visit the Turtle Beach website to ensure that there are not any pending updates for the headset itself.

Try this for us and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  3. DesertDwellerss Win User

Has the headset been damaged in any way?
    No. And it works on other devices fine.
  4. Geth Win User

Has the headset been damaged in any way?
  5. DesertDwellerss Win User

Thanks for posting on the forms what you may be dealing with is a broken jack inside the controller and i'm sorry to say there is no fix i can find currently for it. try contacting xbox support they may be able to help you further. if have any other
    questions please let me know support's website is https://support.xbox.com/en-US/
    Thank you and everyone else. It pretty much confirms it likely is the controller. It is disappointing. We were a PS family but since the xbox one s came out we have changed over.

I hope the next controller lasts a little longer.
  6. Mike_Czub Win User

I have a problem in last week about that, I make a reset in my Controller and the back work normaly. You Tried meke the reconfiguration on your controller to see if back works?
    How did you reset the controller?
Thema:

1. Xbox one headset stopped working again. - Similar Threads - headset stopped working

2. Headset stopped working with wireless controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset stopped working with wireless controller: My son's headset has stopped working with his Xbox One wireless controller. He's only had it since Jan and was working fine to start with. Can't seem to find any way to contact Microsoft in NZ to...
  3. Headset stopped working after Firmware update 3.1.1221.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset stopped working after Firmware update 3.1.1221.0: Hi, i have a custom made controller with the above referenced firmware. The headset has suddenly stopped working and is not recognized by the Xbox However, I have an older controller with a...
  4. Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox One S headset stopped working: We purchased an Xbox One S that came with Fortnite and a controller, as well as an extra Xbox One S controller. We also purchased a JEECOO gaming headset J20, and plugged it into the 3.5 mm port...
  5. Xbox controlled (Design Lab - 1 month old) stopped working with headset(s)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controlled (Design Lab - 1 month old) stopped working with headset(s): Brand new Design Lab Xbox controller suddenly stopped working with headset. Have tested the headset with different product (lap top) and they work fine. Tested 3 different headsets (3.5 mm and...
  6. Headset suddenly stopped working on Xbox one S.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset suddenly stopped working on Xbox one S.: Headset suddenly stopped working on Xbox one S. Headset works perfectly everywhere else (checked!!) so a console issue? Please can anyone give me a straight answer/solution . Controllers?...
  7. All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant...

in XBoX on Consoles
    All of a sudden 2 Different Headsets for XBOX One S Wired Controller stopped working Cant...: Try an xbox headset adapter and their is official headset stereo too, I intent to buy tomorrow after having spoke with an agent this evening. Is there a headset adapter for the xbox one s wired...
  8. Headset totally stopped working with XBOX ONE. Lots of similar cases.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset totally stopped working with XBOX ONE. Lots of similar cases.: As suggested I'm opening this issue. I have a XBOX One and it works fine. After a few months, the headset started to sporadically work and finally stopped at all. At first I tried changing...
  9. headset stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset stopped working: We are having a problem with the headset not working when plugged into either controller on xbox one (purchased approx 13 months ago). The headset had been working fine for months, then stopped...
  10. Headset stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset stopped working: Hi I need some help to get my headset working again. I bought a new XBOX ONE S in August 2018 and have been playing with a HP Omen headset&mic plugged into the 3.5mm connector on the wireless...