Xbox one headset will not work on chat

Discus and support Xbox one headset will not work on chat in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; chat on headset will not work on game chat it will work on a private chat game it did work had one that was wired bought a wireless headset it has the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by rogerpryor1, Mar 11, 2020.

1. rogerpryor1
    rogerpryor1 Guest

chat on headset will not work on game chat it will work on a private chat game it did work had one that was wired bought a wireless headset it has the same mic will not work and can not hear other people who have headsets

:)

rogerpryor1, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Burnin TODI Win User

Tritton 7.1 and Xbox One

Here is how I understand the whole headset compatability works (maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong):

GAME AUDIO

If your headset gets the game audio via a box linked to your gaming machine via optic audio out - this audio will continue to work as designed, as the xbox One has optic out as well.

CHAT AUDIO

If your headset gets the chat audio via a direct bluetooth wireless link to the xbox360 machine - then this headset will not work with chat audio on the xbox One.

If your headset gets the chat audio wireless via a bluetooth puck that plugs into the 360 controller (not a direct wireless link to the gaming machine) -then this may work with the xbox One depending on how the forthcoming adapter works with next gen controllers.

If your headset gets the chat audio via a cable directly connected to your xbox360 controller - then this may work on the xbox One depending on how the upcoming adapter works with the xbox One controller.
  3. bowski477 Win User

Elite Controller Series 2 connect BlueTooth headset

There are currently no bluetooth headsets available for Xbox One. There are a number of wireless headset options on the market though. The Xbox 360 Wireless chat headset would not work with it.
  4. Zaro Moramee Win User

Astro A50's not working in party chat or game chat on Backwards Compatible games

Does the headset work on Xbox One Party chat (i.e. do you see a circle around your gamerpic in the party chat on Xbox One)?

Are only Backwards compatible games affected? If so, it might be that the Astro A50 base station acts as a USB microphone, which doesn't work as Chat microphone on the Xbox 360.

You might have to contact the Astro A50 support for information on how to use that headset on backwards compatible titles.
    Yeah it works on the Xbox One party chat but yeah that's what i was thinking i might just have to get a old Xbox One chat headset for it to work.
  5. whiteandshiny Win User

Head sets for X box one

Thoes which say they are compactable with Xbox one in the title or on the box will work.

For headsets that don’t you can get the Microsoft chat headset adaptor to allow unsupported headsets to work.
  6. Private P4R Win User

Tritton 7.1 support

So Far The Chat With THe 7.1 Does Not Work With The Xbox ONe. The Audio Works Perfect For Any Game With The One. No One Currently KnowS If The Chat Could Work With THe One It Could Be The Xbox Is Not Responding To THe Headset. Either The Xbox One Needs
    An Update To Allow This Or The 7.1 Needs An Extra Piece ThaT Allows The Chat To Work.
Thema:

1. Xbox one headset will not work on chat - Similar Threads - headset chat

2. Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A50 Gen 4 headset not working in chat or game chat.: So the last thread about the Astro A50 was not working is the same exact problem I was having. Brand new Astro A50 out of the box generation 4. No one can talk to me in Call of Duty Modern Warfare...
  3. capturing headset and game chat audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    capturing headset and game chat audio: When will you guys have a built in feature where it records your voice and gamechat as well as party chat, when recording clips? I would really like to see this feature come out and i know alot of...
  4. My headset works on Party Chat on xbox one, but when playing videos and other sounds, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset works on Party Chat on xbox one, but when playing videos and other sounds, I...: Other sounds can be heard from HDMI (TV) but when we turned the HDMI off, we cannot hear anything. Even on headset. The headset is working just fine since I can talk to others via party chat but...
  5. Headset chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset chat: My son has 3 headsets they all work on his switch. But on the x box the mic works one day and not the other. It’s really strange. Everything is set correctly. He can hear but he can’t talk. I have...
  6. Chat audio through headset and speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chat audio through headset and speakers: I would like to chat on firtnite through our Xbox One to be heard through the headphones and the TV at the same time. I have set the Xbox settings to headset and speaker, but this doesn’t seem to...
  7. Headset chat mixer not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer not working: So lately when I have been playing games I have been unable to turn down the other persons voice when chatting. When I go to the chat mixer it in audio settings, the bar stays a solid color and...
  8. XBOX One S - 3.5mm jack headset - others can't hear me on chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S - 3.5mm jack headset - others can't hear me on chat: Hello, I am having the same issue as a lot of users here: microphone is not working on my console (nobody can hear me on chat and can't use voice commands). I am using a regular 3.5mm headphones...
  9. Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Party chat / Headset sound mutes, can't hear game or party members, they can hear me.: As title says. It's super annoying and happens onc every few minutes, have to unplug-replug the headset to fix the issue. Using an Elite 2 Controller and whichever test ring is needed for the...
  10. Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this?: Not getting game and system sound via headset. But still getting chat sound. How do I fix this? 7d80fa03-30d1-4e7e-be51-e0d4e5329546