Xbox one instant on freezing

Discus and support Xbox one instant on freezing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one always freezes after a few hours in instant on mode when in standby. It won't turn on, and has to be restarted by unplugging it. It's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike Johnson*, May 5, 2014.

1. Xbox one instant on freezing

My xbox one always freezes after a few hours in instant on mode when in standby. It won't turn on, and has to be restarted by unplugging it. It's obviously doing something when this happens as I can hear the fan going and the console is got.

Does anyone else have these problems? Do I need to get it repaired by Microsoft? I'm guessing this isn't normal.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Mike Johnson*, May 5, 2014
  2. Consistant freezing games

Hello

Could you check if your console is on Instant On ? This is most likely the issue of the freezing.

You can change your powersettings by following the steps on this page
    support.xbox.com/.../learn-about-power-modes

FearedNightmare, May 5, 2014
  3. Xbox one instant on

I am having trouble turning my xbox one on with my voice i have got instant on selected and checked the box for wake up xbox by saying xbox on but when I try nothing happens i am based in the U.K. and this is the only issue i am having with voice commands.
    I would appreciate any help given thanks

jell81-2F4089C2-1533-4A03-B42F-42071965D48E, May 5, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Mike!

At first glance, it sounds like the console is overheating. It's possible the issue lies elsewhere, but let's start with that.

To start things off, here's a few questions/suggestions for you:

1. How much space do you have around your Xbox One console?
    2. If possible, can you take a picture of where you have your console so we can see?
    3. If you can, try moving your console to a flat surface (not carpet) with at least a few feet of space on each side of the console. Let us know how that goes.

We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, May 8, 2014
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Mike!

At first glance, it sounds like the console is overheating. It's possible the issue lies elsewhere, but let's start with that.

To start things off, here's a few questions/suggestions for you:

1. How much space do you have around your Xbox One console?
    2. If possible, can you take a picture of where you have your console so we can see?
    3. If you can, try moving your console to a flat surface (not carpet) with at least a few feet of space on each side of the console. Let us know how that goes.

We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

xbox one freezing

Hello

Is your Xbox by any chance on Instant on ? If it is can you try to perform a
    powercycle
    or change the
    power mode
    from instant on to energy saving. This usually fixes things when apps freeze/crash.
  7. Thecrow2090 Win User

Freezing after signing into xbox live account

no its not the update because my system works just fine offline its the live service that is messed up because as soon as I attempt to sign in or have my network plugged into the xbox instant freeze on start up/sign in attempt and I KNOW this is a issue
    with live because I can unplug the internet.........dashboard plug it back in and sign in but it takes a extreme long time to sign in and once it does boom instant freeze after Live connection is made.
  8. FearedNightmare Win User

Consistant freezing games

9. wine420 Win User

Xbox One won't turn on properly

No, unfortunately that didn't work for me. I've tried unplugging for 10 seconds in the past.

It still freezes upon an instant-on startup.
Thema:

1. Xbox one instant on freezing - Similar Threads - instant freezing

2. Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off: Well, as i said on the title the console starts UP (xbox button got white and made the typical sound) and five seconds later powers off. I've already try the hard reset sequence and yet the...
  3. Having to sign in every time, despite instant sign-in

in XboX Insiders
    Having to sign in every time, despite instant sign-in: I have no idea if this is linked to the Insider Program but for some reason, Xbox is making me enter my password whenever I turn on the system. This has never happened before and yet has occurred...
  4. Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off: So I bought an xbox one x console a while ago, worked fine for the first month then all of a sudden one morning I went to go power it on and all it did was make the start up noise, the xbox light...
  5. Xbox one X (project scorpio) turns on then instantly turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X (project scorpio) turns on then instantly turns off: My project scorpio edition Xbox one X is unable to boot up. During a routine restart (Netflix wouldn't open so the xbox recommended a restart), the console failed to turn back on. Puzzled, I...
  6. Games instantly quitting mid game

in XBoX on Windows
    Games instantly quitting mid game: Hi Everyone, I'm having some issues with 2 games that i have tried from XBOX(Beta), These are Rise of the Tomb Raider and Middle Earth: Shadow of War. I'm unsure if this affects any others at...
  7. Instant on issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on issue.: Hi, I got a problem with my instant on feature. My instant-on + auto sign in isn't really working, because the Xbox automatically signs me out everytime I turn my Xbox on. What can I do about...
  8. Killer Instant Freeze Glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Killer Instant Freeze Glitch: So since I downloaded Killer instant season 2 early access i've been having this problem. No matter what game mode (online or offline, survival or versus) If I play TJ Combo vs Sadria the game...
  9. Xbox One S Dashboard Unresponsive and Freezes Instantly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Dashboard Unresponsive and Freezes Instantly: My xbox will load to the dashboard upon powering up. However, as soon as I try to select anything on the dashboard, it freezes immediately, and I am not able to access anything on the menu. I've...
  10. streaming video freezes in every app. (hulu, Netflix, Tv movie, and Amazon instant video)

in XBoX on Consoles
    streaming video freezes in every app. (hulu, Netflix, Tv movie, and Amazon instant video): video freezing of jumping back and forth in between frames. audio continues to play seamlessly, and after awhile screen just turns all green..any thought? 996057a9-7ef1-4dd4-b506-96448ea0f5a4