Xbox One Instant On Power Issue

Discus and support Xbox One Instant On Power Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sometimes when I turn my xbox on, the light will flash, and then it immediately turns the console off. I turn it on again and it turns on slowly,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by A BabyRed Yoshi, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Xbox One Instant On Power Issue

Sometimes when I turn my xbox on, the light will flash, and then it immediately turns the console off. I turn it on again and it turns on slowly, identical to it turning on in Energy Saving Mode. It used to happen once out of every five times or so I turned
    it on, but now it is happening quite a bit more often now. I can still play and do everything on the console just fine, it is just frustrating having this problem. As far as I'm aware, this does not occur in Energy Saving Mode. The power box also appears fine,
    and has a constant white light.

Any advice would be great, thanks for your time!

:)

A BabyRed Yoshi, Jun 19, 2014
  2. Patrick M. Martin, Jun 19, 2014
  3. Corrupted files after switching Xboxes?

if this is for Xbox one please got to settings + power & start up + change power mode from instant on to energy savings + restart now ... hope this fix the issue

bluetexas2016, Jun 19, 2014
  4. Xbox One Instant On Power Issue

I also have this problem. For me, seems to have started with the most recent update. Maybe some problem with the new "toggle device power" settings that I changed (new settings for TV and Cable Box)?

Jacob W. Klein, Jun 21, 2014
  5. Jacob W. Klein Win User

I also have this problem. For me, seems to have started with the most recent update. Maybe some problem with the new "toggle device power" settings that I changed (new settings for TV and Cable Box)?
  6. Richiestang78 Win User

Connecting to LIVE and staying that way...

7. GunmanGX Win User

Xbox one power up issues with instant on?

I have the same issue with my elite console.
  8. JohnKroesche Win User

I am having a similar issue, although I do not have kinect.

My console and controllers (same problem with both controllers) were working fine even after the update as far as powering on and off everything meaning controllers and console....but since I updated my controllers with the controller firmware update the
    console needs to be turned on manually or with my harmony remote...the controller then needs to be turned on and everything works--when powering down- the console will power down but the controller will not turn off when the console is powered down and off.
    I have to manually turn off the controller when the console is off by holding the controller button for about 5 seconds....it all works- but it would be nice if when the console powered down the controller turned off as well. I am going to use that techs
    suggestion you mentioned and put the xb1 in power saving mode (if I can figure out how to do this) and see if that works-

I am brand new to XB1 (a couple of months) and I have to say it really is a great console- just hope I can get the controller /console sync powering issue fixed!
  9. Sjtrojan Win User

Add another one to the list of unresponsive systems in Instant On Mode. Glad to hear that I am not the only one. I sure hope it gets fixed in the next update which I assume must be close to release.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Instant On Power Issue - Similar Threads - Instant Power Issue

2. Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off: Well, as i said on the title the console starts UP (xbox button got white and made the typical sound) and five seconds later powers off. I've already try the hard reset sequence and yet the...
  3. Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Starts Up And Instantly Powers Off: So I bought an xbox one x console a while ago, worked fine for the first month then all of a sudden one morning I went to go power it on and all it did was make the start up noise, the xbox light...
  4. Cleared fallout 4 "reserved space" as recommended but now system powers on and instantly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cleared fallout 4 "reserved space" as recommended but now system powers on and instantly...: Cleared fallout 4 "reserved space" as recommended but now system powers on and instantly shuts off by itself and I cant even get to the menu screen now. The system is not over heating, was having...
  5. XboxOne X can't connect to Live when I turn on again the console using "instant-on" power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne X can't connect to Live when I turn on again the console using "instant-on" power...: This issue started maybe one month ago. XboxOne X is not able to connect to Live when I turn on the device with the power option "Instant-on" activated. Doesnt matter if I go to internet settings...
  6. Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown: I have an Xbox One X I bought this year and have noticed that no matter which power setting (Instant on or Energy Savings) I have my Xbox on it always does a full boot(I see the 4k chip screen and...
  7. Xbox one turns on then instantly off. With power brick staying orange and white for a second.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one turns on then instantly off. With power brick staying orange and white for a second.: hello, My Xbox seemed to have stopped working. When I try to turn it on it turns on then instantly off. I thought it was the power brick so I bought a new one. But it didn't work. The brick is...
  8. Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.: Same exact problem here. Plugged into wall. 65d526f5-1eb8-4cb9-8c3a-2c944436a9e7
  9. Xbox one power up issues with instant on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power up issues with instant on?: My xbox one has been running in instant on mode since I first got it and ran great.... Until the June 29 '14 update. After the update I started having an issue with the xbox not wanting to power...
  10. Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant On issues. Power brick light turns from white to orange after several hours.: Got my console set to instant on mode and can switch it off with the voice command. And if I go back to it within an hour or so, the power brick light is still white and I can switch it on as...