Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic

Discus and support Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I've been having an issue with XCOM 2/War of the Chosen where my game crashes in most loading screens, and trying to reload... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by acezarik, Oct 1, 2019.

1. acezarik
    acezarik Guest

Hello everyone,

So I've been having an issue with XCOM 2/War of the Chosen where my game crashes in most loading screens, and trying to reload previous saves similarly causes the game to crash when I'm loading the save. XCOM 2 does not run fantastically on Xbox, and I've
    come to expect crashes, but this is different -- this seems more like the save data is corrupted. I had many issues with my Xbox 360 Hard Drive failing and causing losses of save data, etc. This got me wondering, is there any way to run a diagnostic on either
    my internal hard drive or my external one? Some wires got tugged and my console fell off of a table while running a game maybe a week or two ago, and I am concerned that this damaged the storage system(s), even though this issue developed in the past day or
    two. Given my previous issues with hard drives, I'm just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a way to diagnose what the issue is.

For the record, I moved all game data and expansions to the external drive (it had been split across the internal and external drives), cleared all saved data and reserved space, and now I am currently uninstalling and reinstalling the game and expansions.
    This may end up solving the issue for XCOM 2, but the whole situation did make me wonder if anybody has had similar issues in the past and what they did to fix it.

Sorry for the rambling, and thanks for reading (hopefully responding, too)!

:)

acezarik, Oct 1, 2019
  2. IV LUK3 VI Win User

It does sound like there might have been a sligbt knock to the knternal hard drive. maybe redownloading wverything to the external might help

one of the reasons i couldn’t play XCOM is cos of all the crashes it was doing on my own console so it could even just be the game unfortunately
  3. acezarik Win User

Thanks for the response! I'm hoping that moving things to the external will fix all the issues, but I'm not sure if the issue is with the internal drive, the external drive, or both, so I guess time will tell.

XCOM definitely has a lot of issues, but I've played through it a handful of times, including WotC expansion, and this is the first time I've seen issues like this happen.
  4. Mister Maka Win User

Update bug

Hey there BriittanyBanana.

To start out, are you installing the games to your Xbox One console's internal storage, or do you have an external storage device? If you're using external storage, try uninstalling one of the games and installing it your internal storage to see if there's
    any change. Keep us looped in with what's up :)
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Installation stopped ! Error 0x8007000f. (Bisoshock The Collection)

Hey there azendj.

Are you installing the game to internal storage or do you have an external storage device? If you're using external storage, try installing it directly on your Xbox One to see if there's any change.
  6. BraddingoHD Win User

All digital games won't install saying "installing"

Do you have room on your internal/external storage? sometimes games require storage on internal and external
Thema:

1. Xbox One Internal/External Data Storage Diagnostic - Similar Threads - Internal External Data

2. xbox one X wont show installed or ready to install games- Internal and external drive

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox one X wont show installed or ready to install games- Internal and external drive: Hello all. Last month my ONE X started showing some weird signs... booted it up one day, navigated to my installed(internal games) games section and the spinning circle just stayed there.. it...
  3. Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Installing a game on both external and internal HDD causes bugs?: Hello, Unsure if this is related to the game developer and/or its both xbox and game dev. In this game called "state of decay 2" I had the game installed on both - which caused a lot of bugs...
  4. Transférer les jeux d'un HD interne à HD externe [Transaltion-Transferring games from an...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transférer les jeux d'un HD interne à HD externe [Transaltion-Transferring games from an...: Bonjour, je ne connais pas comment transférer un jeux d'un HD un autre. Cependant, sur mon HD_2 il reste encore plus de 600 Go. Et Xbox me dit qu'il ne reste plus de place. Merci de répondre...
  5. Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?: Hello, I just hooked up a 4T external HD to my Xbox One X. Once it was ready I launched, it told me I needed to DL a media viewer from THE store, so I did, and since I wasn't asked where to...
  6. should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD: can you add a part where you can copy/move captures from internal HDD to an external media HDD. 980d45b4-5962-493c-9ab7-97446a0ecf76
  7. Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't transfer or copy game saved data from internal hard drive to external hard drive.: Hello everyone! I had to get an external hard drive because I ran out of space on my Xbox One (for some reason it only came with 365 GB of internal hard drive space). However, I transferred all...
  8. convert internal to external w/out losing data

in XBoX on Consoles
    convert internal to external w/out losing data: my son poured can of soda into the fan of my xbox pulled the harddrive out and was planing on using it as a external in my new xbox. the xbox doesnt reconize it i connected to pc and used xbox one...
  9. Transferring saved data and games from XB1 internal HD to external HD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring saved data and games from XB1 internal HD to external HD: hello, I was having trouble transferring my saved data and a couple of games to my external HD, GTA5 and Rainbow Siege are the only two games I have on my internal HD, and I cant seem to move...
  10. After August update, data transfer from internal to external hard drive interrupts constantly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After August update, data transfer from internal to external hard drive interrupts constantly.: The first time i noticed the issue was after the update from 02/08, while transfering a game from internal to external hdrive. It always abort transfer in a different %. In tiny games, after...